Discussion Round 10, 2017 (Indigenous Round): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This season has been the sloppiest I've ever seen in terms of fit and finish. Iron on elements everywhere, mismatched brand shorts and jumpers, retails being worn, it's so stupid.

Sturt in the SANFL also wore an indigenous jumper today against South Adelaide. Interestingly, no sponsorship.
bc57e810ea013372a314110d1fcd23d9.jpg
cc6a65755a1fe39230b46cd3eae44748.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hawthorn will probably wear their white Indigenous strip.
Did Hawthorn create/release a white Indigenous strip this year?
They'll either wear brown with gold stripes, as has been the case the last few years in away games to Port, or they'll wear gold with brown stripes; either of these with white shorts.

As far as I can remember the only team to announce two Indigenous guernseys was Fremantle.

Sturt in the SANFL also wore an indigenous jumper today against South Adelaide. Interestingly, no sponsorship.
bc57e810ea013372a314110d1fcd23d9.jpg
cc6a65755a1fe39230b46cd3eae44748.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
This is how to do it. Shows utmost respect to Indigenous Australians, the artist, and the art itself. Seeing the TOYO TYRES logo splashed across GWS back, where that beautiful bit of art was irked me today.

This is how to do it. Shows utmost respect to Indigenous Australians, the artist, and the art itself. Seeing the TOYO TYRES logo splashed across GWS back, where that beautiful bit of art was irked me today.
Not agreeing nor disagreeing but I dare say when the brief is given to an artist to design an AFL Indigenous Round jumper they are specifically told where the logos will go on the front and back. So it's not like the clubs are just plastering it on after and the artist had no clue that was going to happen.
You're still designing an AFL guesrnsey after all, complete with the sponsor logos etc that come with that.

Not agreeing nor disagreeing but I dare say when the brief is given to an artist to design an AFL Indigenous Round jumper they are specifically told where the logos will go on the front and back. So it's not like the clubs are just plastering it on after and the artist had no clue that was going to happen.
You're still designing an AFL guesrnsey after all, complete with the sponsor logos etc that come with that.
Yeah, I can appreciate that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt the sponsors are on the template they are given, like we had with the Hawks clash template.

That way they can know not to design anything important into that space, or work around the area.

Or maybe I'm being far too simplistic about the designs.

GWS are wearing their Indigenous jumper against Essendon next week. Would imagine Essendon in full home kit with GWS in what they wore today.

GWS are wearing their Indigenous jumper against Essendon next week. Would imagine Essendon in full home kit with GWS in what they wore today.
Always be ready for white with charcoal shorts vs black with white shorts! :D

so does anyone have a list when the clubs are wearing there indigenous jumpers againt

North have worn theirs twice every year, as we haven't had an Indigenous Round game at home.

We'll likely wear ours against Richmond.

I don't Understand clubs wearing the jumper for a second time so it can be used in a home game reasoning.

I really liked it when teams did it for Unity with Adam Goodes, but its a little like wearing a Christmas t-shirt for easter when they do it the week or two after.

I don't Understand clubs wearing the jumper for a second time so it can be used in a home game reasoning.

I really liked it when teams did it for Unity with Adam Goodes, but its a little like wearing a Christmas t-shirt for easter when they do it the week or two after.

It's more like leaving your Xmas decorations up until New Year's. It's not strictly the right day for it but everyone gets it and we're all still in a relaxed post-Xmas mood. It's the vibe.

It's more like leaving your Xmas decorations up until New Year's. It's not strictly the right day for it but everyone gets it and we're all still in a relaxed post-Xmas mood. It's the vibe.
hqdefault.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back