Autopsy Round 10, 2018: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much of a risk vs Richmond. Wouldn't want them to ruck him against Nicnat, brings back bad memories of Gareth John.
Speaking of the WC game. If Carlisle gets rubbed out and with no Brown, could the timing be worse with Kennedy and Darling to match up on. Could get ugly. I guess we'll find out if Austin is a player or not.
What’s the latest with Goddard?

Austin reminded me a bit of Matthew Scharenberg yesterday, in that he seemed to have a lot of composure with ball in hand.

His real test will come next week though, because with Riewoldt going down there was effectively no targets for him to match up on (probably should have been moved to Caddy).

Yeah considering the Tigers have one forward who wouldn't look out of place at a jockey's convention (and we knocked him out), the real test is yet to come.

Yeah it was pretty bad, I was actually at the bar where he and his mates were hanging out. It was strange because Gresh kept getting up and just singing out "We will we will rock you!" at completely random times (really loudly), everyone found it quite strange.

Anyway, next thing you know he stands up on the bar and starts walking down it taking swigs of everyones drinks and yelling out "Gresh rules!" each time. Then he starts just freestyle rapping about all the different drinks behind the bar, going "Smirnoff, such a turn off, the whiskey making you frisky" etc and after a while just starts freestyling about different people and things he can see in the bar. He was pretty terrible at it too and some of the lines were quite offensive.

After a while he yells "Stage dive!" and jumps off the bar but no one caught him and he just went smack on the ground. I think he was ok though because he jumped up and yelled out "Pizza time for me" and just sprinted out of the bar and never came back.

s6iyv9.jpg

Indeed. Would you agree the Tigers looked well below their best though?

I tell you what though. Dusty didn't have great game but he just steps up a gear when they need him to. Take Dusty and Cotchin out and we would have beat them by 5 goals. When they needed to roll us Dusty just went up to fourth gear and rolled us on his own. It showed me with a couple FA we aren't as bad off as I have been suggesting. We have a poor list profile and a lack of stars but they have something about them. I'm not sure what though.

Please tell me it wasn't a Rogan Josh, don't think I could handle that.

Knowing our luck he'll get 2 years suspension for performance enhancing MSG use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an absolute farce the 2 week suspension on Carlisle is. Chook lotto alright.
They have screwed us so many times, the club has surely contracted STD'S from the evil AFL penetration machine!
Credibility and integrity my arse.

It's way way worse than Chook lotto Joffaboy.
Not lotto.
Favouritism.
Choose to turn a blind eye when someone like fyfe, judd or danger hurt someone.
Choose to make an example of someone like jake who already has a bad rep and comes from a small club to prove how tough they are.

Actually listen to Chrisso on the verdict about it, he states;

"We believe it was not a legitimate attempt to spoil"

So he and they believe, the intent of Jake doing that was to;

A) Admit defeat and arm chop.
B) Admit defeat and belt a bloke in the head.
C) Admit defeat and squib.
D) Admit defeat and watch Jack take a UM.
E) All of the above, except B since he also states that was not his attempt.

I believe the man is a bit of a donkey.

Consider the angle Jake is coming at in relation to the angle of the ball, in order to attempt to spoil, the arm has to try and go "around" Jack instead of "through" otherwise he's unable to effect any sort of spoil as there is a body in the way of the ball. Considering he's also approaching at speed whilst Jack is stagnant his effective options are;

Don't try to begin with.
Bail out midway through.
Collide or narrowly miss Jack depending on above abort after leap.

Ensuring that there is 0 chance of a spoil being effected in any capacity.

Meanwhile...

Wafting in with a knee to the face to KO a bloke is nothing to see here and a legitimate attempt to become a stiff breeze.

His spoil came bit too late, and it looked intentional. This is similar to Membrey's elbow on Grimes last year, it was too late for him to change his direction of his elbow or his body. Just misjudgement imo.

Even Hardwick admitted it was accidental, the opposition coach. ffs get ya stuff together, two is just over the limits.

Carlisle 2 weeks what an absolute joke. Afl has their golden boys and clubs and it's obvious jake an the saints don't fall into that category.

I'm still unsure what makes Michael Christian the most qualified bloke to do the job he is as well.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Carlisle 2 weeks what an absolute joke. Afl has their golden boys and clubs and it's obvious jake an the saints don't fall into that category.

I'm still unsure what makes Michael Christian the most qualified bloke to do the job he is as well.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Once again, the Match Review Proctologist has bent us over.

Really it looked like to me we were reverting to a slightly quicker run and gun and attacking the corridor in some instances.

We were switching the ball a whole lot more than usual. Where we struggled was when we couldn't switch it and the Tiger's press chopped off the easy chip kick.

Realistically with the side we are playing how did you expect us to go? Better/worse than expectation.. I expected us to be flogged by 50+
most people on here expected us to be flogged. We wern't I also thought we would be smashed. Expectations i think have been too high. if you look at , in realisty the list is not so great. we need our list another 3-4 high draft picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back