VFL Round 10, 2018: Sandringham v Frankston - TBB Oval, Sunday 10th June, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

.... George intercepts, a little sidestep, straightens ...

SANDRINGHAM v. FRANKSTON
Round 10 – 10/06/2018
02:00PM
Trevor Barker Beach Oval

Sandringham

B: 1. D. Weickhardt, 22. H. Goddard, 33. B. White
HB: 29. O. Clavarino, 31. D. Joyce, 28. B. Miller
C: 10. N. Freeman, 25. D. Armitage, 30. D. Langlands
HF: 17. J. Haidon, 23. T. Lamb, 34. N. Wright
F: 7. R. Connellan, 6. H. Mclean, 27. N. Smith
R: 18. B. Longer, 2. K. Answerth, 5. B. Seccull

Int: 35. L. Batten, 26. J. Billings, 8. J. Bruce, 9. M. Cook, 19. R. Marshall, 16. B. Paton, 15. J. Sziller, 3. L. Verma

23P: 24. J. Hille

In: J. Bruce, B. Longer, R. Marshall, J. Billings, D. Joyce, B. Paton, B. White, B. Miller, N. Freeman

Out: J. Battle, S. Fisher, J. Matera, C. Carnovale, N. Coffield

Some decent ins!

1Richmond8710181.3428
2Casey Demons8620146.5624
3Collingwood8620132.3624
4Essendon8530135.6820
5Box Hill Hawks8530126.7520
6Geelong8530125.8120
7Port Melbourne8530109.8420
8North Melbourne853098.5520
9Williamstown8440108.7516
10Footscray844099.3716
11Sandringham835080.6812
12Werribee826083.548
13Frankston826059.208
14Northern Blues817057.864
15Coburg

Would I be right saying it will be Longer vs Pierce this weekend?
Nope. Pierce has been ruled out injured. Which is a shame because the coaches were looking forward to that contest.

Another chapter in the Freeman story starts this weekend....let's hope a solid run at it and potentially a debut later this season in the 1s, really hope all our boys perform well, shame it isn't the Saturday 2pm game on channel 7, would be the most intriguing VFL game in a while for myself to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I'd love if he came back to AFL playing midfield

Unfortunately Billings isn't a mid. He is an outside HFF and as such requires confidence to play well. He should gat that against Frankston. Good move to drop him when playing a poor side. And I think he plays mainly midfield in the seconds but that means nothing in the AFL.

Unfortunately Billings isn't a mid. He is an outside HFF and as such requires confidence to play well. He should gat that against Frankston. Good move to drop him when playing a poor side. And I think he plays mainly midfield in the seconds but that means nothing in the AFL.

Disagree plugs, though he does his best work on the outside his link up play and contested work is underrated imo

Disagree plugs, though he does his best work on the outside his link up play and contested work is underrated imo

I hope you are right but at the moment he shows nothing to me to suggest he could play mid. this year he has 3 clearances in 11 games. That is terrible and yes he doesn't play mid but is around the ball enough to do better than that. And out of our regular players he would be close to the least contested possessions in the side. And to play mid you would want him to be nearly as good as the player he would replace and I cant think of one. Also and more important point. The player he is replacing must be as good as Billings as a flanker. None of our mids have the ability to play anywhere else apart from Steven but it would be madness to move our only fast mid.

That sucks, would have been a cracking contest.
How rediculas is our injury toll getting?
Stuffed! Wish we had a run like we did in 2016. Don't think we had a major injury till about midway through.

It had a bit of Lisa vs Bart in piwi hockey about it...

"You're in direct competition. And don't go easy on each other just because you're both Sainters. I want to see you both fighting for Richo's LOVE!"
fight.gif

Last edited:
"You're in direct competition. And don't go easy on each other just because you're both Sainters. I want to see you both fighting for Richo's LOVE!"
fight.gif
Mate judging by how the seasons gone I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it's played out...

I hope you are right but at the moment he shows nothing to me to suggest he could play mid. this year he has 3 clearances in 11 games. That is terrible and yes he doesn't play mid but is around the ball enough to do better than that. And out of our regular players he would be close to the least contested possessions in the side. And to play mid you would want him to be nearly as good as the player he would replace and I cant think of one. Also and more important point. The player he is replacing must be as good as Billings as a flanker. None of our mids have the ability to play anywhere else apart from Steven but it would be madness to move our only fast mid.
agree, too laconic and not explosive enough to play mid. Goes to ground way too easy.. can't break a tackle

good player but not a mid's a hole atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back