Preview Round 10 2018: Swans v Lions @ the Gabba, Sat 26 May 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve got to start to wonder if Aliir’s papers have been marked. Maybe he’s already made it clear he wants out, in which case there’s little point playing him.

Congrats to Stoddart, look forward to seeing him have a go.

Never been the same since he missed that training session?

Disappointing not to see A. Stretcher in for the Lions.
He's been flat out lately I hear. Maybe carrying the weight of the injury list has caught up to him?

Whatever the case, hopefully he doesn't need to make an appearance this weekend.

I don't care if Alir is chosen or not BUT don't mess with his head. When Horse specifically nominates him as a possible 'in' and later excludes him even from emergencies then it is poor people management and worse ........probably damaging.

I hope we find put the back story. I'm starting to think there is definately one

I like Aliir but if being under the microscope of selection "messes with his head" then I'd be very concerned. At the end of the day even though I think Horse is ****ing up by not selecting Aliir, it really is up to Aliir to bang the door down with his performances in the NEAFL. I think he's down on confidence, and I attribute a part of that to how he's been handled over the last year or so, but he may simply need a thicker skin.

You’ve got to start to wonder if Aliir’s papers have been marked. Maybe he’s already made it clear he wants out, in which case there’s little point playing him.

Congrats to Stoddart, look forward to seeing him have a go.

I really hope that is not the case. If so, should Clarkson have kept Buddy in the NEAFL all year in 2013 cause he knew he was leaving? Not saying Aliir is anything close to Buddy's realm but if you are making team selections based on something that will happen after the season then that would be alarming to say the least.

Footage of Mills prior to injury

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4245-1388161148-5.gif

Footage of Mills hurting himself

giphy.gif

Although I'm not expecting a whole lot from the kid (never do on debut), with Stoddart joining the likes of Jones, Florent, Hayward, Ronke and Papley, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to move the ball quickly and with some dare. Fagan's a smart coach and he'll prepare for a game of trench warfare against a stoppage-based side like us. Would be nice to see us do what we did at the G and run and spread more, I think we even caught the Hawks by surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope that is not the case. If so, should Clarkson have kept Buddy in the NEAFL all year in 2013 cause he knew he was leaving? Not saying Aliir is anything close to Buddy's realm but if you are making team selections based on something that will happen after the season then that would be alarming to say the least.
I see your point, but by all reports his form hasn’t been great in the twos, so I can’t see how picking someone in average form ahead of better performing players would be good for morale.

In the end I think you have to reward good form.

I see your point, but by all reports his form hasn’t been great in the twos, so I can’t see how picking someone in average form ahead of better performing players would be good for morale.

In the end I think you have to reward good form.

I agree, but there comes a time when the decision is practically made for you. When an intercepting defender and a reader of the play like Mills goes down, it's bloody obvious that Aliir is the logical replacement of everyone in the reserves. It's not like Aliir's been poor, he's been pretty good just not at his best yet. IMO that should be enough for a coach to say okay, a spot's opened up that's perfect for you, we'll back you in.

To further prove my point, Horse was willing to play Aliir out of position and underdone after, what, one average NEAFL game, but not now, after plenty of match practice and decent form in the perfect position for him. That's where the head-scratching comes in.

caesar88 mate I think you, me and all of us need to get our head around the fact that Aliir ain't coming back. He'll be gone at the end of this year.

I've believed he was gone as far back as early 2017. But I don't care who is staying or going if I think they can win us a flag. That's why I have admiration for guys like Malceski and Mitchell.. they tried their guts out for us up to their very last game in the red and white. Aliir could help us go that little bit further to win a flag. Sounds dramatic but I want our 2016 defence back and I've wanted it for a long time and I think once we get it back we could be undefeated for the rest of the year even with our limp midfield ATM.

I've believed he was gone as far back as early 2017. But I don't care who is staying or going if I think they can win us a flag. That's why I have admiration for guys like Malceski and Mitchell.. they tried their guts out for us up to their very last game in the red and white. Aliir could help us go that little bit further to win a flag. Sounds dramatic but I want our 2016 defence back and I've wanted it for a long time and I think once we get it back we could be undefeated for the rest of the year even with our limp midfield ATM.
All I am saying is that banging your head on the wall every week in regards to Aliir ain't going to help. Horse has clearly made up his mind.

Why mills why! For the rest of the season our defence is in for a slog, this ones honestly knocked the wind out of me I can’t see us challenging at the pointy end

Horse up to old tricks. 1 defender and 1 forward out- 2 defenders in. Stoked for stoddarts debut by why marsh! Absolutely done with him. Should be towers coming in for Rohan!
Stoddart has been playing as a winger in NEAFL. He's getting moved around to gain experience. Marsh for Mills is a straight swap. Not a defensive move,

All I am saying is that banging your head on the wall every week in regards to Aliir ain't going to help. Horse has clearly made up his mind.

I know I know. I like to defend the Swans I think have been hard done by though. I've even found myself sticking up for Towers lately (the horror!) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back