Preview Round 10 2018: Swans v Lions @ the Gabba, Sat 26 May 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise regarding ROhan
Mills is a loss but coverable
Stoddart..looking forward to seeing this guy

Longmire dropping Rohan is a surprise but I get the feeling it's been partly to do with Ronke coming into the forward line and being immediately so good chasing and tackling. So much so that Rohan's main and only consistent attribute (pressure) isn't so rare anymore - he's become expendable given how rarely he touches the ball.
Think you've nailed it there. Rohan's extra height has never been a big benefit except for the odd mark. Remember though with these kids that a streak of poor form is only a game away. Amazing how well they've come on.
Marsh for Mills is a conservative move IMO. We've gone lockdown mode rather than counter attacking. Be interested to see if Melican gets a run in NEAFL to tune him up. My expectation is that Marsh only gets this week and is back when Melican is fit.

Not necessarily B52. For all we know, Rohan could be struggling with life at home because his lovely wife is? Maybe he feels that he’s letting the team down and feels he needs a rest or maybe a game in the 2’s? The fact that Longmire didn’t speak about his omission may be because he respects his players privacy?

We just don’t know but you can guarantee that he’ll be back, probably saving the game like the Hawks or the Bombers last year! How many games you save in the AFL, while you’re at your condescending (or should I say belligerent) best?

I have saved sfa games. However it is clear the MC and Mr Horse have made a decision. Who knows? Maybe your theories are correct and your hopes are warranted.

It would be nice if you are right. Would like nothing more than to see one of the nice guys be a clear factor in our game.

As you have pointed out - in trades and contracts players are worth what Clubs are prepared to pay. Performance is just the same.

Apart from everything else, Mills you idiot, how good is it to see Tom M being given an extended run.

18 year old kid doing his job, well too, and being rewarded.

Really happy for him.

Im a bit surprised...cant remember last time rohan was dropped...last week wasnt any worse to what he usually dishes up
He might be better as a permanent fixture downback. He has good tackling pressure and could be the fastest off the mark in the league...plus he loves to run and carry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how to feel about this as a Swans supporter.

Gutted for Mills, we might be able to "replace" him in the sense that we have other players who can play his position, but we (well, me at least) will really miss his courage more than anything.

Pretty good ins, though. Thought Marsh was unlucky not to retain his spot and I am looking forward to see what Stoddart can do at senior level, not having seen him play personally.

Apart from everything else, Mills you idiot, how good is it to see Tom M being given an extended run.

18 year old kid doing his job, well too, and being rewarded.

Really happy for him.
Will serve us in good stead for next year. Thiose games Ollie and the other young fellas played last year coming home to roost this season.

Im a bit surprised...cant remember last time rohan was dropped...last week wasnt any worse to what he usually dishes up

Actually it was. As I said it was a solid month of getting under 10 possessions and failing to impact the scoreboard. Just not good enough for a bloke who was played out of the goal square pretty much

I remember them trying it but it might be worth another go?

In the 2s for a minimum of 4 games until he shows he can deliver more than implied pressure. Needs to spoil, beat his opponent, work as part of an integrated defensive unit. Wish we could insert some footy smarts in his noggin.

Might be a sneaky good call that. He was bloody good last year but has seemed slower, less decisive and less precise this year. I had great hopes for him as a HB distributor but he just stopped developing.
Looked mint in the res last week

Actually it was. As I said it was a solid month of getting under 10 possessions and failing to impact the scoreboard. Just not good enough for a bloke who was played out of the goal square pretty much
His last 4 games were 7/9/10/11

He's no Tommy Mitchell but that's no reason to just make stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back