Preview Round 10 2018: Swans v Lions @ the Gabba, Sat 26 May 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
, while you’re at your condescending (or should I say belligerent) best?

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg

When you’re senile, it’s like Groundhog Day! Actually it not absurd at all, it merely highlights the deficiencies in your argument. It would be easier to come out and say ‘I don’t like him’ instead of manufacturing reasons for getting rid of him...then move on! It’s like a broken record!

Happily you are not on the MC. I don't insult fellow Swans fans. Only a rare one does that for themselves when their fingers crumple their keyboards.

Last edited:
Other blokes are ahead of them, Horse is actually picking on form.
Towers and Rohan aren't in the team either along with Mills, Melican and Reid out with injuries. Yet I'm quite content with the team picked, feels good to have depth.

Just had an epiphany on the MB.

Not sure Mills is that devastating a loss. He's a good player, don't get me wrong. His strength is reading the play and contesting marks. He's brave but he's not a great kick and he's a little slow. If we can get more pace off HBF it might be to our advantage. We don't build structures around him so it's an easier adjustment than some.

Come at me.

Not sure Mills is that devastating a loss. He's a good player, don't get me wrong. His strength is reading the play and contesting marks. He's brave but he's not a great kick and he's a little slow. If we can get more pace off HBF it might be to our advantage. We don't build structures around him so it's an easier adjustment than some.

Come at me.

If he’s playing as a defender I actually agree to a point. Stoddart could be a great inclusion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come at me.
He's more than a little slow...not a great kick either - but we'll still feel his loss. Given he just ends up with the ball so often and sends it back our way. Tough as too...While he may have platue...plataue...leveled out, may never be the gun mid some saw in him, we will def miss the courage and reading of the play. That reading allows him to play a lot taller than he is. That could really bite this week.
I've been calling for some run off half back for two years so I'm very excited....I just thought it'd be Macca giving way this year, not Mills.
I think we have a VERY different team now to the one of 18 months ago. Last week's training run v Freo's witch's hats might be the blueprint for this week. Run and gun, slice em and dice em. Hang on to your hats - this could get weird.

To be fair Dawson did come to the Swans as a forward at junior level.
Fair comment but the Swans pockets are ignored on leads or as a target. Their role is to crumb and pressure and that is not Dawson.

Looks like a good HFF.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Newman is the one ripping the Neafl apart and people are talking about Aliir not getting in. Shows the favoritism around here.

To be honest I don't get these changes. I'm happy for Marsh and Stoddard but by all accounts they're not the strongest going around in the reserves

Its more tilted to defensive rather than offence but not surprising :)

What's nonsense? Who's better apart from maybe Cyril?
Players who apply more pressure than Rohan? Just for a start:

Devon Smith
Dayne Zorko
Clayton Oliver
Tim Taranto
Jack Graham
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels
Brad Ebert
Corey Maynard
Ben Ronke
Ed Curnow
Scott Pendlebury
Mitch Crowden
Brandon Parfitt
Jarryd Lyons
Ben Jacobs
Luke Dunstan

Take that with a grain of salt though, that's only from the company that the Sydney Swans pay to provide these stats for them.

You just think that because you see him run really fast and close someone down 3 times a game, he must be doing it dozens of other times.

Devon Smith
Dayne Zorko
Clayton Oliver
Tim Taranto
Jack Graham
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels
Brad Ebert
Corey Maynard
Ben Ronke
Ed Curnow
Scott Pendlebury
Mitch Crowden
Brandon Parfitt
Jarryd Lyons
Ben Jacobs
Luke Dunstan

Take that with a grain of salt though, that's only from the company that the Sydney Swans pay to provide these stats for them.

You just think that because you see him run really fast and close someone down 3 times a game, he must be doing it dozens of other times.

Would have thought there’d be a lot more than that if you’re including midfielders in the list. Much easier to apply pressure in congestion than in the forward line.

Devon Smith
Dayne Zorko
Clayton Oliver
Tim Taranto
Jack Graham
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels
Brad Ebert
Corey Maynard
Ben Ronke
Ed Curnow
Scott Pendlebury
Mitch Crowden
Brandon Parfitt
Jarryd Lyons
Ben Jacobs
Luke Dunstan

Welp, always open to being educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back