Preview ROUND 10 2019 Dreamtime at the G: Richmond vs Essendon, Saturday May 25th 7:25pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
OP (osteitis pubis) is an absolute campaigner of an injury, different to a tear or strain as it is an overuse problem

Surgery is the last resort as it can cause alot of side affects, including making the patient sterile

I read that on the bummers board. Horrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essendon go to water when they are under pressure. They will be slapping it on the boot out of defence and straight down our throats all night.

If they have any clue they will be watching replays of the Footscray game and trying to emulate it. I don't think their skills are up to it though, and for it to work you also need a key forward to clunk it.

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Essendon go to water when they are under pressure. They will be slapping it on the boot out of defence and straight down our throats all night.

If they have any clue they will be watching replays of the Footscray game and trying to emulate it. I don't think their skills are up to it though, and for it to work you also need a key forward to clunk it.

And that game was played at Etihad.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ichmond-s-ruck-conundrum-20190523-p51qf6.html

Inexperienced pair up for selection: Richmond's ruck conundrum

Richmond are poised to bolster their ruck division with either Mabior Chol or the untried Callum Coleman-Jones after they were left bereft in that department with the suspension of Ivan Soldo.
With first choice Toby Nankervis sidelined with an adductor injury and Soldo out for one match, the Tigers appear certain to pick one of that inexperienced duo to support young ruckman Noah Balta.

Ruck option: Mabior Chol.Credit:AAP
In recent seasons the Tigers have been able to turn to Shaun Grigg for support - most famously in their 2017 premiership-winning season - but the durable utility retired mid-season this year.
Richmond were left disappointed after Soldo copped a one-match ban for striking Hawthorn's James Worpel but chose not to take the case to the AFL appeals board.

"It’s an opportunity for someone else to step in. We’re disappointed because he [Soldo] played a really good game and he won’t get the opportunity to play this week," said coach Damien Hardwick.

Untried: Callum Coleman-Jones.Credit:AAP
"But someone else will. What that looks like we’ll have a pretty long discussion this afternoon to try and determine who that will be.
"These two players – are they ready? We’re not sure. Someone’s going to play which is exciting for our fans to see."

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m going with
IN CCJ Rioli
OUT Soldo George

Normally I would have said George out. But with wet weather, the big body may be needed On the other hand, Baker smarts at ground level in the wet could also be huge. Menadue out for me. On the dry open WA ground he was in his best environment. A cold wet Sat night, not his thing imo.
So my call is out The Due.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
forecast been updated. arvo shower only

think we would flog them if it rained. think no rain evens it up a bit

EB509139-3600-4771-AC88-14F9C0BA58D4.jpeg

Interesting game. Can we win with rookie rucks? Will Dusty turn it on again? Can Dan play to his best?

Yep, of course we can and will.

Love how Dimma pushed Balta for Rising Star and the AFLW. Nice sneaky little stuff there.

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
Normally I would have said George out. But with wet weather, the big body may be needed On the other hand, Baker smarts at ground level in the wet could also be huge. Menadue out for me. On the dry open WA ground he was in his best environment. A cold wet Sat night, not his thing imo.
So my call is out The Due.

Harsh on the Due who was excellent 2 weeks ago...and more than serviceable last week

George has been iffy the whole season...he’s only delivered once v Freo...

Last week George was our worst player ...7 disposals 2 tackles...that is sub standard

he really needs to get form in the twos with his mate Butler

We need to reward form and punish failure otherwise we will shoot ourselves in the foot

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting game. Can we win with rookie rucks? Will Dusty turn it on again? Can Dan play to his best?

Yep, of course we can and will.

Love how Dimma pushed Balta for Rising Star and the AFLW. Nice sneaky little stuff there.

Nice from Dimma...but pity that a coach has to come out and publicly endorse players for rising star bc the AFL are so pathetically unprofessional where you have adjudicators that don’t even see all games

It’s a farce...and AFL farce

Pretty sure we already have the record against the Hawks like 4/5 years back

Griff took the kick out, bomb to the centre of the ground, ball over the back, kick into a wide open dusty streaming into an open goal

was like 9 seconds from memory
Foley in the middle to dusty if I recall.

Out: Soldo(susp) Lambert (injured)
In: Rioli Coleman-Jones

B: Garthwaite Astbury Grimes
HB: Stack Edwards Houli
C: Ellis Prestia McIntosh
HF: Baker Caddy Rioli
F: Balta Lynch Castagna
R: Coleman-Jones Martin Higgins
INT: Broad Menadue Bolton Vlastuin
EMG: RCD Butler Weller Naish

Status
Not open for further replies.