Preview Round 10, 2019 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was the review any good? I liked the gifs, but it seemed too wordy for me to really read. Im sure it was just a really long Ross Lyon bashing, and while thats entertaining, its not going to be a must read.
giphy.gif

Oh man, that game in 1998 was just about the worst and most depressing game of football I've ever seen, and that's with some pretty stiff competition within that season. It just felt like any remaining hope disappeared with the snap of a bone.
I cried for days when Vossy broke his leg..Horrendous injury

I keep going into each game lately thinking just one more win, just one more win and we should make finals from here. I can see this being the case for the next half dozen games even if we keep wining. I guess the lack of success has made me feel like we have to get out to a huge lead to be any chance of holding on. Kind of like a 100m swimmer in a 400m race who feels he has to gap his opponents and hold on over the last lap as they come back at him.

So with that in mind...... Just one more win boys.

Was the review any good? I liked the gifs, but it seemed too wordy for me to really read. Im sure it was just a really long Ross Lyon bashing, and while thats entertaining, its not going to be a must read.
Nope no Ross Lyon bashing. One of the better reviews and worth the read

Little surprised by the confidence on here. The only Freo game this year I've watched in full (or close to, at least) was their smashing of GWS in Canberra - that's enough to have me very edgy about this one. They won't underrate us after the past two years and they need a win here badly. All of that combined makes me think this could be a pretty unpleasant one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heh, so Lyon reckons he knows all of Neale's weaknesses hey... what a shame we don't have someone who used to be a part of that team and can tell us about the weaknesses of the entire team...

Oh, wait.

I tend to keep a close eye on what colours the boys are wearing at training on Instagram as, in the past, it has been an indication of who is in or out.
With this in mind it looks like Answerth could be making way this week and Nick Robbo could be in.
Also worth noting that Rayner was still in ‘first’s’ colours....

Last edited:
Little surprised by the confidence on here. The only Freo game this year I've watched in full (or close to, at least) was their smashing of GWS in Canberra - that's enough to have me very edgy about this one. They won't underrate us after the past two years and they need a win here badly. All of that combined makes me think this could be a pretty unpleasant one.

I have no idea what to make of Freo - the GWS win was very good but they have been very very poor the last 3 weeks. They were lucky to even kick the handful of goals they got against essendon as a lot were from extremely cheap freekicks.

Hard to predict the game because of that but I think we'll have to play our best to have any chance of winning.

I tend to keep a close eye on what colours the boys are wearing at training on Instagram as, in the past, it has been an indication of who is in or out.
With this information it looks like Answerth could be making way this week and Nick Robbo could be in.
Also worth noting that Rayner was still in ‘first’s’ colours....

Robbo replacing Matho as the enforcer maybe?

I'm with you. Won't be Tipping us. Will feel great to be wrong!

This is a great game to stand up as contenders. None of this will they won't they play finals. That should be a given. Aim should to be to finish top four and beat a GWS/Geelong/Collingwood. A game like this should be a given.

I think the Dockers are favourites because everyone says they are a better team at home. I've had a look at the last 4 weeks (that's an indication of current form) using a simple stat of shots at goal - not counting out on the full which I'm guess we are best at. Over the last 4 weeks the Dockers have 18, 26, 23, 16 where we have 28, 21, 31, 33. Totals 83 (average 20.7) shots to 113 (average 28.2). I don't see their backline better than the Crows so we will go about our average and have our 28 shots. Defensively we give up 23 shots at goal over the last 4 where they only give up 19.7 per game. If we give up our 23 shots to them and get our 28 shots then come on McStay, Hippy and Charlie let's have a great week of straight kicking and we will get home.

I think the Dockers are favourites because everyone says they are a better team at home. I've had a look at the last 4 weeks (that's an indication of current form) using a simple stat of shots at goal - not counting out on the full which I'm guess we are best at. Over the last 4 weeks the Dockers have 18, 26, 23, 16 where we have 28, 21, 31, 33. Totals 83 (average 20.7) shots to 113 (average 28.2). I don't see their backline better than the Crows so we will go about our average and have our 28 shots. Defensively we give up 23 shots at goal over the last 4 where they only give up 19.7 per game. If we give up our 23 shots to them and get our 28 shots then come on McStay, Hippy and Charlie let's have a great week of straight kicking and we will get home.

Couldn't disagree more with the comment about winning because our straight kicking.....We have 22 contributers all doing their job and we win. Its that simple. We lost against the Bulldogs because there were too many passengers, not because of our kicking for goal.

I keep going into each game lately thinking just one more win, just one more win and we should make finals from here. I can see this being the case for the next half dozen games even if we keep wining. I guess the lack of success has made me feel like we have to get out to a huge lead to be any chance of holding on. Kind of like a 100m swimmer in a 400m race who feels he has to gap his opponents and hold on over the last lap as they come back at him.

So with that in mind...... Just one more win boys.

I'll quietly keep an eye on scoreboard come Sunday.
Capable of getting to 7-3, waiting to see how much the team wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back