Preview Round 10, 2019 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Nick Robertson's best role is running up and down the wings providing an option out of our back half, Mitch Robinson and Jarrod Berry:( are better taggers.

If Cutler can't get named amongst that lot he must really be done.

I can't quite work out who they'll play but there must be a plan in there somewhere

I guess I'd prefer Robbo than the others because he does have a little bit of versatility .

You'd think Lewy could not be a swap for Matho.

No point trying to work it out , going to be interesting to see who pops up on Saturday

I can't quite work out who they'll play but there must be a plan in there somewhere

I guess I'd prefer Robbo than the others because he does have a little bit of versatility .

No point trying to work it out , going to be interesting to see who pops up on Saturday
Now I really am confused . Sunday

The same guy on twitter that knew about Berry's injury before the team came out is also saying there will be big news about Witherden coming soon. Sounds like a big ole' contract extension.
Or this guy could be full of it. If he had seen Berry limping earlier in the week, he could have just put 2 and 2 together. Tomoro there will be a press conference with Fagan (probably) and it will be discussed then.

Or this guy could be full of it. If he had seen Berry limping earlier in the week, he could have just put 2 and 2 together. Tomoro there will be a press conference with Fagan (probably) and it will be discussed then.
A lot of people on this forum likely heard that Berry was limping before today yet I didn't see anyone "put 2 and 2 together" and state outright that Berry was out before the teams were released. The news about Witherden is a wait and see situation, but there's no reason to believe it's just pure bs. He's out of contract at the end of next year and seems to be enjoying his time here, so I see little reason to doubt it.

A somewhat disingenuous comment I feel. I don’t believe that professional coaches are likely to be treating any player as ‘done’ at this point in the season. Cutler has some weaknesses that lead the coaches to prefer others (‘that lot’ in your words) over him at this point in time. Those players may also have some weaknesses, but perhaps their perceived weaknesses have less impact on team roles and structures in the coaches’ eyes.

A year ago, Walker was supposedly ‘done’...now...not so much. No coaching staff at this level are going to draw a line through a talented player with the season not even halfway. They are, however, going to send players back to NEAFL to work on deficiencies. The feedback to players is targeted and specific after every game. Cutler would be well aware exactly what he needs to work on. The coaches may not be satisfied that he is getting there at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't disagree more with the comment about winning because our straight kicking.....We have 22 contributers all doing their job and we win. Its that simple. We lost against the Bulldogs because there were too many passengers, not because of our kicking for goal.
Thank for pointing out the bleeding obvious, to get our average shots on goal we have to have the rest of the team contributing - pfffffftttttttt that's social media

A somewhat disingenuous comment I feel. I don’t believe that professional coaches are likely to be treating any player as ‘done’ at this point in the season. Cutler has some weaknesses that lead the coaches to prefer others (‘that lot’ in your words) over him at this point in time. Those players may also have some weaknesses, but perhaps their perceived weaknesses have less impact on team roles and structures in the coaches’ eyes.

A year ago, Walker was supposedly ‘done’...now...not so much. No coaching staff at this level are going to draw a line through a talented player with the season not even halfway. They are, however, going to send players back to NEAFL to work on deficiencies. The feedback to players is targeted and specific after every game. Cutler would be well aware exactly what he needs to work on. The coaches may not be satisfied that he is getting there at this stage.

You've done it. You've posted something sensible to the same old crowd. Don't expect a response for a while ;)

That was me who saw Berry limping earlier this week but I’m not the guy from Twitter. Just happened to be driving past the Gabba at the right time

you assume Smith and Ballenden do not come in unless there might be another out.
From the bench you think Walker should be good.. or who knows
Hinge went well and they normally do not drop them the week after the debut
Lester had a good game filling in for Hodge.. Although Hodge back.

So leaves 2 spots from Taylor, Lester, Christensen and N Robbo.
No matter which 2 picked there be some after blood here.
My thoughts Taylor and N Robbo.
N Robbo had a good game the last week in NEAFL and Taylor offers speed.

Mmmmmmmmm dunno gotta say. Cutler and keays in the dead zone

Not sure why
If I was Keays I be asking my manager to look around.. not far down the road he will get a game.
I thought he go last year to the Suns. Blues also could be a home.

Cutler someone will pick him up a change of club is what he needs now..

The last time this season we had Robertson and Christensen both in the team went well didn’t it?
We got our pants pulled down big time by Essendon and then we had our pants pulled down and pulled back up again before copping an atomic wedgie against Collingwood. Fagan then had the good sense to drop both players. The combination of Robertson’s slow reaction time and poor decision making and Christensen’s lack of speed and defensive running cost us in both games. Were they solely responsible for each loss? No they weren’t. Are they sensible inclusions against Fremantle? No they are not.

The NEAFL MVP votes from last game

Canberra v Brisbane
8: Nick Robertson (Brisbane)
8: Ryan Bastinac (Brisbane)
6: Lewis Taylor (Brisbane)
5: Allen Christensen (Brisbane)
3: Alex Smout (Canberra)

Looking at who played against Freo when we thrashed them last year.
Berry(24 disposals) tagged Fyfe (8 disposals) until injured in Q2, then went to Neale (31 disposals).
Christensen (17 disposals + 1 goal) Taylor (17 disposals + 3 goals) Nick Robinson (26 disposals + 11 marks)
I noticed Rayner (19 disposals + 6 Marks & 5 tackles + 2 goals) played well. Hopefully this is repeated.
Players missing from that side D Beams (33 disposals) Cutler (19 disposals) Mathieson (14 disposals) Barrett (14 disposals)
Best for Freo that day Neale, Apeness, Langdon & Walters.
Maybe Christensen (indigenous rounds) in for Matherson & Robinson in for Berry with Lester one of the travelling emergencies for Hodge??.
Looking forward to the game. It is always hard to win in WA and also to back up the following week

I can understand walker being bench from as freo will have smaller forward line this week what I can't work out is why two other big men are named aswell especially Archie smith simply doesn't make sense big ground need plenty of runners I personally would leave hodge at home again this week and left lester in.Only time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back