Review Round 10, 2019 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Freo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I absolutely can put my hand on my heart and say that I never have. In fact I have a record of always putting air into his tyres.
I have praised his abilities in the middle, as a defender, as a strong mark, possible third forward option and cool head under pressure. I have defended him against the worst that DERRINALPHIL has thrown at him and always feel better with Lester in the side. This is before the game two years ago against Essendon when he kicked the sealer. If we had a team of players with his selfless attitude to the club and his comrades, we would be a top four side. He is a smart footballer. I would never recommend anyone spend time trawling through my posts luthor, but you won’t find a single disparaging one on Lester from me.

Love Rich's season so far & really like Hodge. I'm still of the belief that our Team can not afford to have these two, slow, small defenders in the same line up.

Not Lester or Walker. Both in my best 22.

Walker was poor today, let a couple of easy grabs be taken because he didn't track his man, but he's got enough chips in the bank this season to stand a few bad games.
How could you forget Cutler, he is Fagan and a lot here’s whipping boy. The odd error and he is dropped by the match committee or the worst player in the league by most here.
Lol @ Cutler being a whipping boy. There's definitely guys who get jumped on more than most (Lester, Taylor, Rayner, Walker, Hodge sometimes) and deserve the status, but most criticism of Cutler is fairly measured. Because you're holding him up as one of the top players in the competition you get responses that point out his flaws but that's not because he's a whipping boy - that's because people are trying to discuss him rationally in the face of unbridled pumping up.

Love Rich's season so far & really like Hodge. I'm still of the belief that our Team can not afford to have these two, slow, small defenders in the same line up.

Did you say the same in our 6 wins?

Was planning to come on here and have a melt but time has passed and now just gutted not angry.
Raynor should be made to sit next to Andrews on the flight home and they can talk about their comparative efforts. The video review
will be very embarrassing for Rayner/Hipwood etc.

I've always believed it & started a thread on it before the 6 wins I do believe, so you can stick that in your pipe & smoke it.
We lack run out of defence. You think otherwise?

We didn’t lack it in our 6 wins. I haven’t been big on Hodge this year but our other options all have other issues.

Did you say the same in our 6 wins?
Geez. Rich has been outstanding all year and again today . How anyone could knock him in any way leaves me speechless (almost). He manages to get to where the ball is more often than not

Hodgey's disposal let him down a bit today and he's slow but...... yeah . Who would we put in instead ? He's still ahead of Answerth for a start if you want to win the game .

Walker was poor today, let a couple of easy grabs be taken because he didn't track his man, but he's got enough chips in the bank this season to stand a few bad games.

Lol @ Cutler being a whipping boy. There's definitely guys who get jumped on more than most (Lester, Taylor, Rayner, Walker, Hodge sometimes) and deserve the status, but most criticism of Cutler is fairly measured. Because you're holding him up as one of the top players in the competition you get responses that point out his flaws but that's not because he's a whipping boy - that's because people are trying to discuss him rationally in the face of unbridled pumping up.
He's not even in the side.

Anyone else played the 3 games he did and there's no way they would've been dropped.

People have lost total perspective on Cutler . He would've been valuable today but we had Taylor etc. instead so that's where it sits.

Baffles me but the coaches are doing what they think is right . I'll be glad when this year is over so we can forget about Cutler.

We didn’t lack it in our 6 wins. I haven’t been big on Hodge this year but our other options all have other issues.
We don't get pace out of defence from Rich or Hodge. You have failed to address the pace issue. Best try your brand of sniping elsewhere jackess.

edit:jackess

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't get pace out of defence from Rich or Hodge. You have failed to address the pace issue. Best try your brand of sniping elsewhere jackass.

So who do you bring in? We’ve tried with Bailey.

Just got back from the game. God that was nerve wracking and frustrating. You could see they tried to lock it down from early in the quarter. They just couldn't run it out all game. The midfield and small forwards need a lashing, was just ridiculous. So many times it was easy for them to transition it from our f50 into their f50, our players just don't want to man up or want to hang off their man by 10m.

Rayner, time to go.
Hipwood, not surprised he missed shots, couldn't get a single one in the warm up, didn't look like he cared that he missed either.
McCarthy isn't impacting the scoreboard either.
Hate this 2 ruck setup, we are effectively a man down as McStay can do some relief ruck and Big O doesn't contribute enough as a forward.
Sick of Cameron missing easy shots.
Our midfield got dominated around stoppages, need changes there

Geez. Rich has been outstanding all year and again today . How anyone could knock him in any way leaves me speechless (almost). He manages to get to where the ball is more often than not
Not knocking Rich at all (see post #253).

So who do you bring in? We’ve tried with Bailey.
You fail to address the point & continue to attempt to snipe. Why don't you just tell everyone again that you are in Perth, went to the game & then head into Northbridge.

Not sure how much more we can persist with Rayner playing at this level. If he didn’t come with the brand name and reputation it would be an easy decision to make. We all know what he’s capable of but I think he needs a spell in the reserves to show it.

When you look at who else we could put in defence who is there ?

If you really thought the run out of defence was a serious problem instead of just a problem I suppose you could take a huge risk and throw a Cutler or someone of that ilk down there . The guys in the twos who are putting their hands up as defenders are all talls except Tommy Berry who is just too raw at the moment.

Our defence wasn't the problem today . It was the run they got out of our forward line and M/F stoppages that beat us.

And it was only a point ,last kick of the day.

Sorry mate, that's a bridge too far. I get you're frustrated, but at least try to be rational.

I'm with Dylan on this one. Cutler is older and has had plenty of chances granted. But he has also played some very good football for us. So much so that at various stages over the last two or three years we have sat back and said the type of things we now say about Berry, Bailey, Hipwood etc.... But for some reason (we are guessing he isn't accountable enough) he is not in Fagan's plans. He has now been placed in an almost irredeemable position where he is almost set up to fail. He won't get another fair crack again. He will have to take an opportunity when it is presented and play the game of his life each week to stay in the team, when many would argue he should never have left it.

Back