Review Round 10, 2019 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Freo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on mate, don't even try and say Cutler is anywhere near Wilson and Whitfield in terms of ability and consistency.
He could be if Fagan just gave him an extended run without fear of ever being dropped like he does with some of his pets such as Rayner, Witherden, Hipwood etc despite regularly having poor game after poor game.

Freo flooded back and clogged our forward line and then tried to rebound (our Achilles Heel!). We had the fitness and structure up until the last quarter and as we got worn out they outworked us. We were very static because of this also. So possibly won in the coaches box during the week. I also feel that our worse players were way less impactful in the game. Today we had some absolutely huge players as in Andrews and Charlie early and I also think that McCarthy played well defensively. All in all we lost by a point away to Freo so not the end of the world. I’m more concerned of our turn around and how we play next week. We looked out of it and think that there might be some players rested. Hodge looks very slow as happens but will always be a legend.

Who do you think he was tagging?
They had him tagging Fyfe for a bit. Fyfe has 26 disposals and was damaging, but Lester did some good grunt work. Lester had 6 marks and laid 6 tackles which was the third highest for the team. His 11 kicks were often crucial clearing kicks too.

Freo flooded back and clogged our forward line and then tried to rebound (our Achilles Heel!). We had the fitness and structure up until the last quarter and as we got worn out they outworked us. We were very static because of this also. So possibly won in the coaches box during the week. I also feel that our worse players were way less impactful in the game. Today we had some absolutely huge players as in Andrews and Charlie early and I also think that McCarthy played well defensively. All in all we lost by a point away to Freo so not the end of the world. I’m more concerned of our turn around and how we play next week. We looked out of it and think that there might be some players rested. Hodge looks very slow as happens but will always be a legend.

To compound this our contested work around the ground was terrible. Even if we could get a stoppage after kicking to the pack we couldn't win it.

They had him tagging Fyfe for a bit. Fyfe has 26 disposals and was damaging, but Lester did some good grunt work. Lester had 6 marks and laid 6 tackles which was the third highest for the team. His 11 kicks were often crucial clearing kicks too.
Thought he was going to drag us over the line with a couple of his marks at the start of the last.

Maybe in the last but he was playing wing a lot in the first 3 quarters often opposed to Hill

Thought he was going to drag us over the line with a couple of his marks at the start of the last.
Yep. Lester is a brave and humble footballer. Like Gardiner he plays without ego and gives it his all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could be if Fagan just gave him an extended run without fear of ever being dropped like he does with some of his pets such as Rayner, Witherden, Hipwood etc despite regularly having poor game after poor game.

Sorry mate, that's a bridge too far. I get you're frustrated, but at least try to be rational.

Just getting back from the game.

No run in the last quarter killed us - don’t care how wonderfully Rayner has defended (?), poor bloke has nothing to offer atm - lost all touch.

Not Cameron’s fault - he didn’t select himself. Never popular but Cutler/Allison was made to play Optus.

In Fages we trust, but horrible selections didn’t help #notsayingwouldchangeresult

From here on in the acid really is on Fagan when it comes to team selection. We are where we are despite carrying pretty much the same 6 players who take it in turns having shockers. Some are also regularly stringing them together.

There is literally no acid on Fagan.. in any form, what so ever.

As much as I ****en hate the result (excuse the language) how invested and how disappointed we all are really shows how far we’ve come as a team this year. We actually have games with meaning. And this? This one hurt. Supporters and players alike. If the boys have learnt anything this year it’s to take this one on the chin and use it to better themselves. I’m expecting a fiery Brisbane outfit next week.

Not many win the week after traveling to Perth.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe in the last but he was playing wing a lot in the first 3 quarters often opposed to Hill
Nah. I isolated him and he was either tagging Fyfe, playing loose man in the backline or attempting an offensive role in the middle (early). I love what Lester brings to the team and the fact that Hill was off the leash had nothing to do with Lester.

I wasn't that upset at the lost. It was a tide against us and we were hanging on tooth and nail but they never 'broke' us and kicked away.
We did a lot right . Some of our better players were a bit down. We lack outside run . That's been self evident . How many times did we rebound and get it forward like they did ? Hardly at all post first 15 minutes . Whether we've got the cattle to do it presently is the question .

100%

Someone should tell Cam and Charlie to stop flying for impossible marks . Cam hasn't taken one all year and they sweep it away too easily when it hits the ground
this way too often we have our smalls and talls flying for mark of the year.. Pretty sure they all had frees against paid for jumping too early

There is literally no acid on Fagan.. in any form, what so ever.
Depends who he selects next week. How will people feel if Robertson and Christensen are deemed to be the solution to our lack of run next week?

Squizzy wasn't much chop, hard to see him holding his spot.

I may be in the minority, but Stef is in the process of falling off the cliff. Got a bath from Lobb. His strength has been his ability to play as an extra mid, now that more ruckmen are equally agile, he is being terribly exposed for his complete lack of presence and his lack of genuine rucking ability.

He has been enormous for us, but his strengths aren't as strong and his weaknesses aren't as palatable when that's happening.

Back