Review Round 10, 2019 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Freo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this way too often we have our smalls and talls flying for mark of the year.. Pretty sure they all had frees against paid for jumping too early
Yep. He needs to be on the ground front and square.

Yep. All the noise about having Taylor in the team to add run is delusional. He isnā€™t that quick and he has a very small tank.
We seem to have lost the overlapping running game to a degree , that's where Cutler and Taylor where good for us in the past, even Bast.
Taylor did this a few times but not enough , not sure if its a team thing or him.
Anyway I still would have Cutler in our side for this reason.
Even basti , but I give up trying to work out the way we want to move the ball.
I might be wrong here but are we winning more games this year with goals coming from centre clearances, and our pressure acts wthout the ball has increased the opposition turnovers.
But when we have the ball we kick to more contests this year as opposed to possession footy.
Strange how imo we have regressed in this area.

Nah. I isolated him and he was either tagging Fyfe, playing loose man in the backline or attempting an offensive role in the middle (early). I love what Lester brings to the team and the fact that Hill was off the leash had nothing to do with Lester.

I was watching it at the game and keeping a close eye. He wasnā€™t tagging him for most of the game.

We seem to have lost the overlapping running game to a degree , that's where Cutler and Taylor where good for us in the past, even Bast.
Taylor did this a few times but not enough , not sure if its a team thing or him.
Anyway I still would have Cutler in our side for this reason.
Even basti , but I give up trying to work out the way we want to move the ball.
I might be wrong here but are we winning more games this year with goals coming from centre clearances, and our pressure acts wthout the ball has increased the opposition turnovers.
But when we have the ball we kick to more contests this year as opposed to possession footy.
Strange how imo we have regressed in this area.
I think Freo are great at shutting teams down and we were buggered after one of the all time pressure games last week.

They had him tagging Fyfe for a bit. Fyfe has 26 disposals and was damaging, but Lester did some good grunt work. Lester had 6 marks and laid 6 tackles which was the third highest for the team. His 11 kicks were often crucial clearing kicks too.

Agreed. Did a role quite well and didn't panic unlike others.
Has a rising star winner ever been delisted ?

Palmer?

But for Froggyā€™s work tonight, we lose by 2-3 goals

In hindsight maybe keep him but move him down back. Heā€™s not a midfielder. This would require Hodge to be dropped though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it again..... for the um millionth time, IMO Stef is over rated.
Yep I agree. In defence he does some stupid things in the ruck. He did it against Sydney too where he hits it into the oppositions corridor in front of goal. He just had to keep killing it in the wing in the dying seconds. Oscar McInerney is officially our number one ruckman for mine. His tap work was beautiful tonight.

About 5:35 to go in the 4th Q, the ball enters our 50 to a contest. The lack of effort from Rayner was astounding. It appeared his man was Wilson šŸ˜µ
St the ground it really is evident how behind Raynerā€™s fitness is compared to everyone else on that field and that includes Hodge who also struggles. Rayner just blows up so quickly and then struggles doing any repeat work and back it up. Evidently, this is acceptable to the coaches and match committee.

Bastinac should also have been an in this week given who went out.

Wasn't impressed with Stef's game today either.
Stef OOC this year, he turns 33 later this year, I wouldn't be offering him a new contract, time to move on to the Big O and Archie. We need to be ruthless like the Hawks are with their aging players.

Note- If the Hawks can drop Rouhgy we can drop Stef.

I was watching it at the game and keeping a close eye. He wasnā€™t tagging him for most of the game.
That is one area where the TV is superior. Plenty of vision throughout the game of Fyfe at stoppages with Lester manning him closely.

That is one area where the TV is superior. Plenty of vision throughout the game of Fyfe at stoppages with Lester manning him closely.

Disagree. For most of the game after clearances Fyfe just played behind the ball with nobody tagging him. That was part of the reason for our slow ball movement

What horrible horrible display. Started with Answerth kicking across goal at the end of the first and ended in Rayner standing with his hands on his hips as the ball exited the forward line in the last. There no excuses for losing the game. I am so annoyed right now.

I hope you realise that youā€™re bagging a second year player and a bloke that hasnā€™t even cracked 10 games yet. Weā€™ve got these blokes playing and yet weā€™re 6-4 still? I think that speaks volumes more about them and the team than a mistake that may or may not have cost the game in the first quarter in only their 5th or so game. Honestly so much doom and gloom around this place and yet we only lost by a point to a team that plays seriously attractive football at home. To think weā€™re sitting 6th atm after winning a combined, what, 10 or so games in the last 3 years is so unbelievably small minded. We could be first and undefeated and people would still find a way to complain.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If this happened at the gabba and I'd had half a dozen beers in me I'd probably be absolutely ropable and do or say something id regret, but I am surprisingly stoic about this result. 3 very winnable games coming up, worry is we don't run out of steam before bye.

Mitch Robinson - 3 contested disposals. Whatā€™s going on there?

Back