Preview Round 10, 2019: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 26th May, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 75 91.5%
  • Blues

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess guys like White and Hind are struggling to get a game because our backline is actually holding up well. Our forward structure looks poor and so spots are open. Our midfield is pretty bad too but lack options there.
Backline is not the only position that Hind can play, so why not try him elsewhere. Can't be any worse than some of the one's that continually get games each week. Obviously form means nothing.

Long has been out of form but look outside that for a second & consider what this round means to him & his family & the added determination to perform. Coaches are displaying some much needed emotional intelligence by considering other aspects beside form in selecting the 22 & I for one like it. Long, Parker, Young & Gresham just wow.

Also, please bring in Hunter, far too good for the two’s & we need to get some senior games under his belt, he’s the future.

Born stuntin, uptown Hunter,
Third world G’s only been bout money,
Ice chunk, yogurt slingin red monkeys,
White tees, on em chromed out 11 hunid...

Just sayin.

Last edited:

Why bother drafting him ( Hind ) if he doesn't get a game. These guys try hard and give up alot for their chance, no wonder there is a problem with players welfare when they are being strung along from week to week. Being mature aged they have less time to prove themselves and are meant to be "ready" why not give them a chance. Would be a shame to think that his chance to play AFL was taken away because St Kilda drafted him and didn't play him.
He's on the list for 2 years and is a seasoned vfl performer. He'll get his chance eventually, and he's comfortable in vfl so l doubt his welfare is suffering too badly. Posters who've watched him mostly say his disposal is shite so it's maybe not a good thing to add to that right now.

I don't give a toss who comes out but Ben has to be in the team. He's always shown not much form in vfl so I'm not buying it for a second and maybe they gave him a rest coz he's been saw. I've been looking forward to this all year and to not play him this week after his sister designed the jersey when we asked him to would be a travesty of enormous proportion. This is an integrity issue. Not a selection integrity issue imo.

to not play him this week after his sister designed the jersey when we asked him to would be a travesty of enormous proportion. This is an integrity issue. Not a selection integrity issue imo.

I believe this should have nothing to do with his selection. We need to select the best team available on the day, not the most appropriate for the themed round.

Backline is not the only position that Hind can play, so why not try him elsewhere. Can't be any worse than some of the one's that continually get games each week. Obviously form means nothing.
HI NICK, HI!

Just did a search of your post history and everything is about Hind!

Best of luck this weekend Sainters against the Blues.

HI NICK, HI!

Just did a search of your post history and everything is about Hind!

Best of luck this weekend Sainters against the Blues.
Holy s**t! I thought you were exaggerating, but you're right, 30-something posts all either directly or indirectly referencing Nick Hind.

Is fiftyfifty a friend, relative or Nick himself? I hope that he gets a debut game soon, just for 50/50's reaction!

He's on the list for 2 years and is a seasoned vfl performer. He'll get his chance eventually, and he's comfortable in vfl so l doubt his welfare is suffering too badly. Posters who've watched him mostly say his disposal is shite so it's maybe not a good thing to add to that right now.
And just because we drafted him it doesn't mean he automatically gets a game ,

Im happy that White is at least in the squad ,but i do wonder what more Hind has to do to get a game . Surely with his speed he could be tried on a wing or hf or even come off the bench to throw into the middle as an impact player . He has been playing well but not getting a go . I bet he will lose form and then they will select him , very confusing selections . His form warrants a game ahead of Long imo.

Don’t Panic !!

Hinds disposal is poor. Hence why he’s not been playing and why he’s been overlooked in the past.

With our team disposal efficiency of late it’s no wonder he hasn’t been in the team. Yep, he’s quick and breaks lines but it’s no good if he just gives it straight back to the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this should have nothing to do with his selection. We need to select the best team available on the day, not the most appropriate for the themed round.
Im a fan of Ben but at this point in time he does not deserve a game on recent form , other blokes sent back to Sandy have to smash it to get back in but i will bet my left one they play Ben this week .
If he plays it sends one pretty P155 poor message to the players and if they dont play Brandon this week the kid should pack his bag at the end of the year as he will be wasted playing for Sandy for the rest of his career

Im a fan of Ben but at this point in time he does not deserve a game on recent form , other blokes sent back to Sandy have to smash it to get back in but i will bet my left one they play Ben this week .
If he plays it sends one pretty P155 poor message to the players and if they dont play Brandon this week the kid should pack his bag at the end of the year as he will be wasted playing for Sandy for the rest of his career
Watershed moment for the saints imo.

You must have integrity in team selection full stop, you can’t bring back a player who was rightly dropped for poor form after one week at sandy when his game was ordinary at best. This round is not about individuals and to treat it like that is counterproductive imo.

Looking at the extended bench, Acres may be in trouble.

I really feel that Blake's number one aim at AFL level now needs to be consistency. Ditto Newnes. The worst thing an AFL player can be is inconsistent. One week you look great and the next you disappear. The best players are able to play at a high level every week. At this stage we have very few players that do that and most of them are out injured.

I think it's fine for young guys to be inconsistent but guys like Acres and Newnes have had long enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watershed moment for the saints imo.

You must have integrity in team selection full stop, you can’t bring back a player who was rightly dropped for poor form after one week at sandy when his game was ordinary at best. This round is not about individuals and to treat it like that is counterproductive imo.
Let's say Parker gets dropped... who would you bring in aside from Long?

Let's say Parker gets dropped... who would you bring in aside from Long?
Why would Parker be dropped, he didn’t take hangers or kick goals last week but he was busy.

He laid 5 tackles and won 4 of our 11 free kicks so putting his body on the line wasn’t a problem. If he was dropped I’d imagine the in would come from Clark, white, coffield or perhaps hind with some adjustments to the team. I like Ben but I think despite the tackling pressure he can bring he’s not really that well suited to a forward pocket. I’d like to see him used further up the ground, I’d also like to know from our track watchers if he is injured and what his preseason was like.

He looked primed to explode but has really gone backwards, what’s going on.

Dangerous game selecting players on anything other than form and match-ups, no matter what the round.

I love what we are doing with the RAP etc, but if Long didn't excel in the 2's after 2 very ordinary AFL games then he shouldn't come back into the seniors.

If Long plays and doesn't get a kick again, others performing well in the VFL would be rightly pretty pissed.

Carlton;s ovbious strength is through their midfield. I think we need to start super competitive in their, even if we go ultra defensive early on. I'd almost start Dunstan, Steele and Sonclaire in their as guys who will tackle and play accountable football at least for the first 10 minutes just to ease the momentum that yould think that Carlton will start with.

Looking at the extended bench, Acres may be in trouble.

I really feel that Blake's number one aim at AFL level now needs to be consistency. Ditto Newnes. The worst thing an AFL player can be is inconsistent. One week you look great and the next you disappear. The best players are able to play at a high level every week. At this stage we have very few players that do that and most of them are out injured.

I think it's fine for young guys to be inconsistent but guys like Acres and Newnes have had long enough.
Inconsistency has been a real killer for us in recent years- we have lost so many potentially winnable games as a result. To overcome inconsistency is a shared responsibility between players and the coach.

Is it true the guy is a double of Billy Hartung - fast and shanks just about everything - is this why he has not been given a game.
Would explain it.
He doesn't shank everything. In fact when he slows himself down he's a nice user of the footy.

His issue is usually when he's running flat out he often gets messy.

We knew what we were getting with him when we drafted him though.

I thought last week would have been the perfect opportunity to blood him.

Amazing how many are worried about this game it's just typical negativity supporters, we will win this game by 5 goals +, they have won 4-40 odd games yes 4 & we have won 4 this year should of beaten Freo competitive against WC fair aginst AD & GWS & ok last week we havn't fallen off the cliff get a grip.
Lol - maybe some people have a decent grip on reality.

You said we'd beat Adelaide by 40 points… WCE by 20, and collingwood were due for a loss.

Probably not in a position to be having a crack at others predictions I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back