Preview Round 10, 2019: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 26th May, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 75 91.5%
  • Blues

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here lies our problem we play with two contrasting styles/structures.
So last year we tried the Richmond style which was to move the ball super fast and just bomb it in hope the forwards can create a contest and if they do either mark it or let the fast small guys kick the goal. However for obvious reasons we weren't skilled enough to do this and we needed up turning the ball over.

However obviously this year we have slowed our ball movement right down. Wgilst helping out our defense it has allowed for opopsition teams to get numbers back, it also makes us predictable when we move the ball form defence to attack and we end up often still kicking it high to the top of the square to out numbered forwards relying on a contested mark from membrey/Bruce. We ares till structured with too many small for our slow movement though. We need another KPF asap, Obviously if Paddy was healthy he would be the perfect placement and untill King is ready our scoring will struggle. I think we either have to bring another backman and move Battle forward or use Marshall and bring in another ruck.

And for those thinking sides would be sh1Ting themselves because we have parker ,long , young ect , thats just a myth made on here that has grown legs , there would not be one player in the AFL that could give a crap about any of them , As Stedier said maybe they should start getting it a bit more then side will be worried about them , ps young was ok on the weekend

They should be - Robbie Young averages more goals and tackles a game throughout his career than Cyril Rioli did.

Long, Young and Parker represent peak Richmond forward pressure in the making.

In Carlisle, Roberton, Geary, Steven, Hannebery and Lonie.

Out - Brown, Paton, Phillips, Sinclair, Marsh and Kent.

Geary Battle McKenzie
Roberton Carlisle Savage
Hannebery Steele Billings
Young Bruce Parker
Lonie Membrey Gresham

Marshall Ross Steven

Int Wilkie, Dunstan, Newnes, Acres
Sinclair in for Newnes but other than quite sold.

Maybe some weird contact lenses and neck tattoos
Or helmets that look like this
theblessing.jpg

Mil Hanna was onto it already.

And Juddy..... conspiracy confirmed, Carlton are shapeshifting lizards. John Elliott was possibly from the cane-toad planet though.

Out: patton Phillips acres McKenzie
In: Webster Clark white hind

B: white brown marsh
Hb: savage battle Webster
C: Ross Steele billings
Hf: Parker Bruce Sinclair
F: young membrey Gresham
Foll: Marshall Clark Dunstan
Int: Wilkie hind newnes Kent

Emer: Coffield langlands longer long

I've got no problem with Long coming back this week at the expense of say Kent provided that he is given a little note that says that if he f**** it up this week he'll have long stint at Sandy to get back into proper form.

+ I can't wait to see Parker, Gresh, Young and Long in the same forward line.
Must admit that I probably will disagree with you this time pal.
I think Kent is pretty good. The last two weeks he repeatedly ran into space in the forward line and they either kicked it over his head or went long to contests or bombed it.
He was giving options but never hit up.
Think he has upside.
Just little ol mines opinion though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to podcast with BT , he said Blues , Roos , Suns and St Kilda btm 4
just hope we can prove these media guys wrong - we need to win the next 2

More likely to be the Dees than us down there I would have thought. Not convinced by Sydney, Hawthorn or Essendon either.

More likely to be the Dees than us down there I would have thought. Not convinced by Sydney, Hawthorn or Essendon either.

Or the swans.

Edit: Whoops, only read the first sentence of your post, apologies. I think Swans tbh. I reckon they could do with a mini-reset, and take a high draft pick for once.

My side;

B:savage Brown Webster
Hb:Marsh Battle Wilkie
C: Sinclair Gresh Billings
Hf: Parker Membrey Kent
F: Young Bruce Acres
FOL: Marshall Steele Dunstan

Int:Ross Clarke Paton newnes

Emg: white longer Phillips

White in if Webster doesn’t get up. Rice in for hunter if they intend to play him forward and not in the guts.

Sydney look the worst of those sides.

I haven't watched all the Pies game yet, but did Blake Acres actually participate? He was one of the catalysts in our early season form upswing, and seems to be a barometer for the team.

We need Sometimes Players like him firing more often. Would have thought that is what those coaches get paid the big bucks for.

Sydney look the worst of those sides.

I think pundits are reluctant to shitcan them after they started last season (or was it the one before that?) with loads of losses then dragged themselves off the canvas and won the rest of their games and IIRC made the finals somehow. Hazy memory as you can tell.

I would have us in the same bracket as Dogs, Freo and Port this year - all shown promising signs go suggest we are on the up but always lots of areas to work on.
Feels unfair to have us grouped with those other 3 teams.

Just had a look at the positions where we misssed shots. most of them are from the boundary line around 50.. so the likelihood will be low to start with.. we only had 2-3 misses are from 30 metres. this is because our forward line was crowded, the only good positions we can get was from far out/boundary line. Compare to Collingwood’s scoring positions, most of them are from 20-40 metres out, and in the central areas.. chalk and cheese..

Unless we can fix this transition/midfield disposals.. we’re unlikely to trouble the top teams.. it’s easy to say “we just need to be more accurate” based on number of behinds, but if you look deeper, just like quality of inside 50s, it’s the quality of scoring positions/slow ball movements resulting in crowded forward line that are the root of the problem..

I hope the coaches understand this and not expect players can kick miracle goals from boundary line/outside 50 regularly.
Best post today.
The breakdown is the transition kick from backline to forward of centre circle from where you can then attack to within 30 metres of goal and increase scoring potential.
Battle to full forward helps and let Bruce be the lead up mark to the forward of centre. Then attack from run off the back half or kick long from the position to deep forward instead of bombing to 40-50 and watch it rebound etc.

I think pundits are reluctant to shitcan them after they started last season (or was it the one before that?) with loads of losses then dragged themselves off the canvas and won the rest of their games and IIRC made the finals somehow. Hazy memory as you can tell.

They are playing a bulk of kids right now with out Buddy in the side and look very much like they are starting over.

I would have us in the same bracket as Dogs, Freo and Port this year - all shown promising signs go suggest we are on the up but always lots of areas to work on.
Feels unfair to have us grouped with those other 3 teams.

We are going to have to start this week to turn it all around then. We are a couple of losses from being with the s**t clubs and a few wins from comparisons with the better squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back