Preview Round 10, 2019: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 26th May, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 75 91.5%
  • Blues

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say if he came back on poor condition he'd go to the back of the line.

Now Wilkie did everything right, got the nod and deserves to keep his spot.
How do we know that White came back in poor shape every year?

Lol.

There's a reason why Brandon has played 10 games in nearly four years.

He needs to take responsibility for his own career.

If he is good enough, he will play.

That's all ;)
Also another thing, our backline has been solid all year. Everyone is performing their role to their best. We have guys like Newnes, Long, Ross who can rotate off HB. Its not like we're short in that department.

Ok parking the integrity of selection issue to one side for a second
Would the inclusion of White or Long make us more likely, or a better chance of beating Carlton?

Now that is the 64 million dollar question!

Although I’d like White to get a go I think we are pretty set in the back line.
If we can use Long as a part time mid, as he has done before briefly, as well as a pressure forward, then maybe he’s the better choice.

We just have to score more and here’s hoping he really lifts for this game...although really that shouldn’t be the motivation.

Off the top of my head ...

Peter Bell
Brett Kirk
Sav Rocca
Andrew Krakour
Ricky Henderson
Tim Membery
Dylan Roberton
Mitch Robinson
Sam Collins
Matt de Boar

Im sure there is plenty more if people look

To be fair though, Robbo and Membrey were not delisted because their clubs didn’t want them and they weren’t “good enough.”

Membrey wanted more opportunity because Goodes signed to play another year, and Robbo wanted to come home to family. Freo and the Swans accommodated their requests.

Lol.

There's a reason why Brandon has played 10 games in nearly four years.

He needs to take responsibility for his own career.

If he is good enough, he will play.

That's all ;)

I haven’t entered this debate at all, so probably not a good time to start now, :rolleyes: but he seems to be proving that he is good enough if this season in the vfl is anything to go by?

He has skills we need, surely we need to see what he can do before he requests a trade or gets delisted?

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
To be fair though, Robbo and Membrey were not delisted because their clubs didn’t want them and they weren’t “good enough.”

Membrey wanted more opportunity because Goodes signed to play another year, and Robbo wanted to come home to family. Freo and the Swans accommodated their requests.
Sav Rocca was drafted by the Swans and pretty much told them he was out to join his brother at the filth.

Did Bell get traded or cut? Pretty sure he went home to lead Freo.

For 1 player that makes it, there's a hundred that don't.

What if your form was great and you felt you had worked super hard on every area that they said was holding you back? What if you saw underperformance and little things other players did that were not seen as issues in them but were in you. You start to feel like there is no point to it. You could do everything you were asked and they found new reasons while promoting someone who did half as much and the side was losing any way. You don't feel like there is much integrity in you coach or selection committee. Players were given targets, met them then new targets were made for them to delay them playing for a few weeks. There was no way we should have selected a few last year on their output but we kept them in regardless. You'd think when the season was over at about round 6 you'd be trying players and churning the list over to see what you had.
Quite honestly, if I was Brandon right now, I'd be playing the best footy I can at Sandy (and it sounds like he has been playing great by all reports) ... and I would tell my agent to let a fair few clubs know about it. I'd be playing now, for my career with them next year. The Saints could go and get stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back