(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Yeah the no.1 thing stopping us from being an actual contender is our scoring ability. It is just shithouse at the moment and worse because our forward line is not exactly stacked with spuds. Bruce and Membrey can both kick bags but we just do not play to their favour at all.

King is not going to be the saviour for this either any time soon. The VFL game shows he still needs to mature a bit before he can start really being a dominant forward. Not saying he wont play, but he wont really fix everything overnight.

Won where it counted.
Steele got the choccies over Cripps.
Marshall more involved than Kreuzer.
Beat them with pressure and physicality that we've seemed to lack in recent weeks.

Gresh was great, happy with Dunstan too.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
It went pretty much as expected for mine. We're not a good team, and we didn't play good football. Nice to get a win though. Better than last year and not even halfway through the season. I wouldn't be getting too excited about the draw though...there are no easy games, especially the way we play. I think the last half of the year is not going to be as exuberant as the beginning.

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
Steele with 27 possies and 10 tackles, 4 more than anyone else on the ground.

Umpires were actually on our side for once, probably rubbing salt in Daisy’s wound.

Gresham was brilliant, Membrey had strong hands in patches and Parker was electric but inconsistent. Brown was also very very good.

Young was invisible, Phillips made two massive mistakes in the last that could have cost us.

Hind for Young
Clark for Phillips

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah the no.1 thing stopping us from being an actual contender is our scoring ability. It is just shithouse at the moment and worse because our forward line is not exactly stacked with spuds. Bruce and Membrey can both kick bags but we just do not play to their favour at all.

King is not going to be the saviour for this either any time soon. The VFL game shows he still needs to mature a bit before he can start really being a dominant forward. Not saying he wont play, but he wont really fix everything overnight.
You wash your mouth out.

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
I reckon Dunstan has been excellent since coming back in, he's probably our best clearance player with Stuv out.

Steele > Cripps confirmed.

Loved Parker slapping the neck tatts then slotting a crucial goal.

Marsh and Phillips not good enough imo, too prone to errors and don't have a point of difference. Young was invisible but he stays in because he was good last week.

Actually thought Long looked pretty good when he had a run through the middle, didn't offer much up forward tho.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
5-5.

That’s all that matters.

I’m personally very happy with it, considering our draw and injury list.

Every single one of us would have taken that start of the year.

Not a pretty match but bank the 4 points. Be impressed with Dunstan, Steele, Marshall and Gresh getting back to form.

Forget the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back