Review Round 10, 2019 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to know who is ******* off for Burton, it's Lienert. **** he's annoying as ****. I've never seen him once take the game on from defensive 50, and he'll always take as much time as he can to distribute the ball to a player that was open five seconds ago...just long enough for all the options for that player to close up.
I'll substitute Lienert for Jonas. Captain material my arse he's a ****'en joke.
Gunston was his opponent for most of the game.

What a shocking effort, not unexpected though. These players and coaches have most of us just expecting shocking performances like this. I’d love to see the output of players at home vs away games, cause the same players let the club down and have so for years.

Duursma- great game, ran hard and showed great courage
Broadie- was his best game, looked soured with his hands and ball
Dbj- great game, almost best game for the club.
Robbie- looked underdone and looked saw, wasn’t our worst but wish he would tackle, missed a couple of tackl3s
Boak- worst game this year, but has carried the midfield this year
Houston-another very good game, very sured with the ball and courageous a couple of times
Rocky-all possessions went nowhere, 1m kicks, kicks off his shins, should have been his conditions.
S gray- I’m over this bloke, has he ever played a decent away game, offers nothing but no doubt will kick a few goals next week to get a spot for the rest year.
SPP- tried and gave us plenty of grunt, still makes some costly errors but far from our worst midfielder.
Motlop-offered **** all today, been a Motlop fan but he’s so out of form it’s embarrassing for him
Rozee- mark of respect to have that dirty snipping pig on him and tried hard.
Butters- tried hard, needs to get more of it cause he uses it well
Ryder- if he ain’t the softest big man in the game I don’t know who is. Either that or he is just plan lazy. I’d almost drop him towelled up by a 4th stringer
Amon- serviceable no out on the fulls so that’s a bonus, usual stuff up in the 1st but played okay
Westhoff- another who I would love to see his away record, has done sfa for 9 rounds another with a gold pass who sums up our last decade
Howard- played well, solid marks, solid spoils. Solid game
Ladhams- might be harsh, but out of depth for me, will be his only game unless they drop Ryder. s**t we missed Lycett
Clurey- tried hard
Frampton- got his hands to some balls but could hold them, tried hard,
Farrell- didn’t see him, would have loved to see him run through the midfield
Jonas- 6 kicked on him, 2from teammates errors, one from a over the back goal, but 6 in a game of 18 goals says it all
Hinkley- ****ing rubbish again, was up about during the week, cracking jokes, over,confident wa*ker.

I'll substitute Lienert for Jonas. Captain material my arse he's a ****'en joke.
Gunston was his opponent for most of the game.

Well I’m being pragmatic that the “captain” has to be selected if he’s fit. But you’re spot on - I would have never played him.

We have high DE?
That was Janus' subtle dig at me for criticising Broadbent's disposal efficiency and uncontested possession, wheeled out after Broady played a good game

...by significantly improving his contested possession and disposal efficiency

Lienert was okay,

Why do we just chuck it on the boot in the backline?

Why? Ken why do we do this

Why do we kick to the pockets? Ken why?

Why won’t you resign? Ken why?

Why are we towelled up in the 1st quarter repeatedly? Why Ken?

That was Janus' subtle dig at me for criticising Broadbent's disposal efficiency and uncontested possession, wheeled out after Broady played a good game

...by significantly improving his contested possession and disposal efficiency

Nah, it was me criticising our defenders for holding onto the ball way too long and then ******* up anyway because all the options get closed down.

It was a general comment on the idea that the only reason why a defender would give two shits about holding the ball is because they want to hit a target and keep their DE high.

I was delusional and believed we could have had an upset win this game. However, it was ground hog day as usual.

1st quarter- Scoreless. Our first quarters are becoming a concerning trend.
2nd quarter- Managed 2 goals.
2nd half the commentators were trying to make it sound like it was a contest but I never at one stage felt like Port were going to surge ahead and get a win. It was a s**t show to watch with minimal highlights.

Player wise SPP had some good patches. The youngsters had some good moments as well and I felt like Broadbent played fairly well. Robbie Gray was disappointing and Westhoff is a shadow of the player he was in 2018. Frampton competed all day but struggled to take marks and have an impact. Motlop was a ghost for most of the game. Farrell had a quiet game as well but I heard the commentators say on at least two occasions that he was overlooked as a target. Ladhams is no Lycett but he competed and I was happy for him when he scored a goal in the 4th quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonas can **** off back to the parade. Doesn't respect our club. Liability on field

This x plenty!

Jonas is having just another of his Barry Crocker seasons which makes 3 out of the last 4, I doubt he would be considered captain material by any other team in the comp, and I suspect a player of his skill level would be plying their trade in the VFL for most of the Vic teams.

What a shitcan of a game . Horrible to watch , Gunston was about the only one that looked clean . Just an ugly scrap . Not liking playing Hawthorn down in Tassie .
Very disappointed in some of the players today . Probably at least half of the players were ineffective.
Frampton was getting into position to mark but he kept dropping them .
Jonas looked like he was too scared of injuring himself so he didn’t want to extend himself . Sammy Gray and Farrell did way too little . Motlop wouldn’t get his body behind the ball .
Westhoff and Ryder were lethargic .
Butters looks too much a junior still .
Ladhams looked only barely up to the level ( first game I know but commenting on today’s game .
Robbie was typically underdone but at least he worked his way into the game .
Boak tried hard but had a lot of work put into him .
Rozee was ok early but fell away .
I reckon Broadbent was about the best , he was quite good throughout , Amon was good again , he’s up to the level skill and pace wise and he’s raised his defensive side to the acceptable level. Good on him .
Also thought Darcy was pretty good .
Duursma yes , I like him , he can still find a way to get into the game even if the team is having a stinker . Definitely best 22.
Howard and Clurey battled hard but didn’t do much outstanding . Houston a little better and Leinert was reasonable.
Sammy PP was good , nailing his set shots and showing desperation.
Looks like we’re struggling against hard bodied tough sides at the moment , I guess that’s understandable with the amount under 50 game players in the team .

How on earth can any moderately competitive person smile after being humiliated is beyond belief let alone a coach at the so called elite level.

I seriously wish hinkley was a coach of a (mainland) Chinese sporting team. He wouldn't even get month old dumplings as payment after his non performances.

Big Bob McLean's reaction to a Port coach grinning like a cheshire cat after an humiliating loss would have made interesting viewing.
I reckon Kern may have been heading to China via the underground method.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back