Review Round 10, 2019 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

What did people make of Ladhams debut?

I think he will develop into an eventual replacement for Ryder. Knew it would be a tough day for him when the first i50 to him arrived at his feet. Our forward entry would see anyone struggle. The interesting battle is what happens when Hayes is back.

Can't understand why the highlights vid isn't on the website yet. Not as if it would have taken very long to edit.

*ball gets bombed inside 50*
*ugly marking contest*
*opposition player accidentally hits it towards one of our players*
*hack kick off the ground*
*random bounce allows it to get to a forward*
*weird dribbler snap*
*ball trickles through*
*crowd is silent*

i feel like thats every one of our goals in the last 3 seasons

Can't believe he was started in the ruck, probably the most physical position on the ground and the one that sets the tempo from the start.

He learned a lesson about the gap between improved sanfl form and being an effective ruck against experienced hardened AFL rucks.

Was beaten in the ruck but competed hard and contested ground ball. He looked alright up forward and kicked a goal.

Tough first up game but he never dropped his head. Has a future and will build on that game.

Because I would have played Drew instead of him. We went in too tall considering the opponent and conditions.
If thats the case I’d reckon Westhoff might be in your gun

Stay clear of the replay.
This week was the first time I didn't published on the blog. Now, I am alone with the kids for a week. Not sure I will be able to write again. This is how motivated I am with our team at the moment. I would love to understand what is going on, but people better than me seem also clueless. What can I do?

If thats the case I’d reckon Westhoff might be in your gun

Ryder too. If he can’t be trusted to ruck a game with chop outs from Billy and Hoff his value is very limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Janus, are you sure it isn't by design? The hold and kick sideways (very 2018) is happening every week. Coaches seem fine with it.
----

We need a new stat "Disposal Inefficiency." Disposals that doesn't improve a team position on the field. If a player passes the ball, and nothing changes, it counts towards his %DI.

Last edited:
What a shocking effort, not unexpected though. These players and coaches have most of us just expecting shocking performances like this. I’d love to see the output of players at home vs away games, cause the same players let the club down and have so for years.

Duursma- great game, ran hard and showed great courage
Broadie- was his best game, looked soured with his hands and ball
Dbj- great game, almost best game for the club.
Robbie- looked underdone and looked saw, wasn’t our worst but wish he would tackle, missed a couple of tackl3s
Boak- worst game this year, but has carried the midfield this year
Houston-another very good game, very sured with the ball and courageous a couple of times
Rocky-all possessions went nowhere, 1m kicks, kicks off his shins, should have been his conditions.
S gray- I’m over this bloke, has he ever played a decent away game, offers nothing but no doubt will kick a few goals next week to get a spot for the rest year.
SPP- tried and gave us plenty of grunt, still makes some costly errors but far from our worst midfielder.
Motlop-offered **** all today, been a Motlop fan but he’s so out of form it’s embarrassing for him
Rozee- mark of respect to have that dirty snipping pig on him and tried hard.
Butters- tried hard, needs to get more of it cause he uses it well
Ryder- if he ain’t the softest big man in the game I don’t know who is. Either that or he is just plan lazy. I’d almost drop him towelled up by a 4th stringer
Amon- serviceable no out on the fulls so that’s a bonus, usual stuff up in the 1st but played okay
Westhoff- another who I would love to see his away record, has done sfa for 9 rounds another with a gold pass who sums up our last decade
Howard- played well, solid marks, solid spoils. Solid game
Ladhams- might be harsh, but out of depth for me, will be his only game unless they drop Ryder. **** we missed Lycett
Clurey- tried hard
Frampton- got his hands to some balls but could hold them, tried hard,
Farrell- didn’t see him, would have loved to see him run through the midfield
Jonas- 6 kicked on him, 2from teammates errors, one from a over the back goal, but 6 in a game of 18 goals says it all
Hinkley- ****ing rubbish again, was up about during the week, cracking jokes, over,confident wa*ker.
Great call I was alongside ya all the way.

Last edited:
Coaching was pretty bad. How many goals did we give up kicking short in the backline? It must've been a directive to not kick long down the line. Not sure why, it was the right kind of day for it, especially against the wind, where 3 short kicks and a turnover can give up a shot on goal.

This week was the first time I didn't published on the blog. Now, I am alone with the kids for a week. Not sure I will be able to write again. This is how motivated I am with our team at the moment. I would love to understand what is going on, but people better than me seem also clueless. What can I do?

I am being mildly facetious. Watching the game will give you some idea of where we're at, but my point was those posters here with true football insight have already pinpointed where the issues are, and there will doubtless be more detailed reviews coming. It would be like one of those TV shows where they warn you up front there are distressing scenes and adult themes.

We looked kinda OK until they kicked their first goal. After that the result was clear. The acceptance of losing without so much as whimper has permeated almost all of the playing group. And doubtless you've already seen the pics of our coach and captain smiling after the final siren.

Third goalless Q1 in just over a month. 2.3 at HT must be close to a record low for us, but I can't be arsed looking it up. DBJ good, Jonas less so. Amon working hard for his new contract, midfield pantsed. Delivery i50 to our new 2m resting ruck arrived largely at his feet. Yet another out of form opposition forward (Gunston, so at least it's someone we're aware of this time) kicks 6, which is as many as we managein total (50 I50s for 6.13). Oh, and we did win the free kick count so even that's not an excuse. Anything else you'd like to know? :D

We had so many other massive issues, before we worry about him but he should not have started as the number 1 ruck. We went H 12 to P 9 clearances in the first, and then something like P 15 to H 6 in the 2nd when Ryder was moved into ruck.

I'm personally sick of seeing the coaches make obvious mistakes, that they are literally trying to fix in game. We all love Ladhams, he's coming on great, but in such a key game against an experienced ruck he was smashed. He did show some good signs, but that first quarter set the tempo and the coaches selections had there impact then.

Coaching was pretty bad. How many goals did we give up kicking short in the backline? It must've been a directive to not kick long down the line. Not sure why, it was the right kind of day for it, especially against the wind, where 3 short kicks and a turnover can give up a shot on goal.

I hate it when we do this, it so often results in a turnover. And why are we incapable of executing a switch, it seems to be a staple for most other teams?

I promised myself I wouldn't get too pissed off at results this year as my expectations were low. I expected us to finish 12th and it looks like we may do that, so there is no point getting too angry at losing when my expectations were for us to lose a lot.

But, there is nothing more ******* frustrating and soul destroying as a supporter than seeing the match over at 1/4 time. It happens way too often. I knew we'd be poor this year but at least put in some effort.

**** me, that was 120 minutes of the most insipid, putrid, & uninspiring football a man could watch.

The whole *****g club needs to put itself on the long term injury list, find the Nation’s most reputable Cardiacthoracic Surgeon, & get a bloody heart transplant.

Stevie ‘the Squib’ Motlop should announce his retirement, effective immediately, & offer every supporter a lifetime 50% discount on his wild Oz products for routinely making us put up with his snowflake, jellyfish like performances.

Oh yeah, Ken you can just **** right off.

Fair given the conditions. Did some clever things. Struggled to get taps, but made a contest up forward and kicked a beautiful goal.

How on earth can any moderately competitive person smile after being humiliated is beyond belief let alone a coach at the so called elite level.

I seriously wish hinkley was a coach of a (mainland) Chinese sporting team. He wouldn't even get month old dumplings as payment after his non performances.
:D
He even looks like a month old dumpling supping on his wheel n spoke. 15k/wk I hear. Wow that's jaw dropping.....lucky us
and the score at 1/4 time was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back