Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Monday, August 3
Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

Tuesday, August 4
Richmond v Brisbane Lions (MS) (N)

Wednesday, August 5
Geelong v North Melbourne (G) (T)
Adelaide v Melbourne (AO) (N)

Thursday, August 6
Collingwood v Sydney (G) (T)
Gold Coast v St Kilda (MS) (N)

Friday, August 7
Essendon v Greater Western Sydney (MS) (N)

Byes: Fremantle, West Coast, Hawthorn, Carlton

Geelong in white shorts?

Will Essendon/Giants be its normal messy self, or will GWS wear white as the away team?

You’d expect them to invoke the Carlton rule for the Geelong game and have them in white shorts with North in full home. Luckily North don’t have the bounding roo to muddy the waters this year.

Fully expecting Geelong full home vs North blue/white. Hopefully not, although anything would be better than last season’s debacle.

Tonight will be sucky with heaps of white on the front of both teams' jumpers. I don't expect any games with the shorts though. Cats will be in all white.
I honestly can't believe anyone would take issue with geelong's all white and North's all blue, it's always been easy to seperate and looked good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong in white shorts?

Will Essendon/Giants be its normal messy self, or will GWS wear white as the away team?
Thankfully, yes.

If the home team was reversed, it would be a shemozzle, with Essendon in white shorts. It makes me think that maybe it would be better if the G on GWS' guernsey was charcoal, with the remainder orange. Or vice-versa

Theory: XBlades is just BLK rebadged. Looks to be the same template with the collar and lack of sidepanels and the shorts look similar as well. I imagine this just means that both companies have outsourced their production to the same company but still, interesting to think about.

XBlades / Blades were/are a different company.... Nice theory though.
I’m aware of that, but we all know that the companies that have their logos on their jumpers aren’t the ones making the jumpers. A couple examples would be St Kilda’s Piping Hot jumpers were made by Sekem, I think the Adidas and Star Athletic jumpers were made by dither same company in China, the darker Lions jumper in the jumpers that never were thread had the tag from the apparel company who actually made them. I think Mero might be more in the know about this than me though.

I’m aware of that, but we all know that the companies that have their logos on their jumpers aren’t the ones making the jumpers. A couple examples would be St Kilda’s Piping Hot jumpers were made by Sekem, I think the Adidas and Star Athletic jumpers were made by dither same company in China, the darker Lions jumper in the jumpers that never were thread had the tag from the apparel company who actually made them. I think Mero might be more in the know about this than me though.
That was always my suspicion, though never confirmed.
ISC were made in Fiji, my understanding was BLK used the same factory.

I can confirm the Collingwood Star jumpers were made by the same place that were making the adidas jumpers at the time.
At the very least the 2015 Indigenous Round Essendon jumpers were made in China.
I am unable to elaborate any further.

Perhaps adidas have found a local supplier since.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back