Preview Round 10 2020, Richmond vs Brisbane Lions, Metricon Stadium, Tuesday 4th August

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would not mind Charlie starting on the wing with Robbo forward
Just for a little while
Keep Richmond guessing.
He still plays majority forward though. Deep and also up the ground.
After Answerth job on MTW last week he gets Martin when forward. Initially at least see how he goes.
Lets hope Payne has a solid debut.
As Fagan said to Ballenden last week "just do your job no more or no less"
Martin would rag doll Answerth I’m afraid. There’s a significant height and weight advantage to Dusty in that match up.

Martin would rag doll Answerth I’m afraid. There’s a significant height and weight advantage to Dusty in that match up.
He rag dolls everyone most games. Can’t do much. Just hope one of our boys matches his output going the other way.

The most annoying thing about the Qualifying Final was that we absolutely took it to them. Even they couldn't handle our intensity in that initial first quarter burst. If not for extremely poor kicking and 2-4 goals given to them by the umpires, there's a very real chance we win that game, in which case we've got a home prelim against the Cats...

Anyway, outside of the inaccuracy it was an extremely promising game.
You realise you lost by fifty odd points, yeah?

You realise you lost by fifty odd points, yeah?
18.4 to 8.17. Yes bad kicking is bad footy but don't act like it was a classic 50 point win. In the 1st qtr the umpires gave you at least a 18 point swing. Grimes dive, Rich holding the ball, Christensen high not given off the top of my head. Could've and should've been a 6 goal lead at quarter time to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18.4 to 8.17. Yes bad kicking is bad footy but don't act like it was a classic 50 point win. In the 1st qtr the umpires gave you at least a 18 point swing. Grimes dive, Rich holding the ball, Christensen high not given off the top of my head. Could've and should've been a 6 goal lead at quarter time to us.
You can only blame yourselves for not having the skill and composure required to execute basic set shots. You were then punished for it by a far superior and clinical outfit.
Does it matter ?

It's nearly a year ago.

Go and play the replay again if you want to wallow in it.
I didn’t bring it up. Just calling out a very amusing reach.

So much pent up chirpyness. Must have been a hellish 37 years for them.

They’ll never know the feeling of a threepeat. Anything less is just wading ankle deep.

You can only blame yourselves for not having the skill and composure required to execute basic set shots. You were then punished for it by a far superior and clinical outfit.

I did blame us squirt, I also blamed some pretty one sided umpiring. When did you start going for Richmond? Nice bigfooty join date? You're probably like 70% of your supporter base who jumped on after 30 years of nothing.

How's quarantine treating you bud? Bit bored at home after some home schooling?

God I hate that we probably lose to these guys just based on timing of this game. 4 day break for this game and 4 day break for the next. McStay suspended, Rich and Birchall managed. 3 young KPP's in Payne, Ballenden and Skinner with 3 games between them. I would back us if this game was scheduled any other round. The timing of this game plus injury/suspensions makes it hard. The AFL could've scheduled these pricks any other round and we'd have them. Now I'm not so sure.

Not trying to be a smart ass but I reckon the Lions would have learned from that game that it takes 4qtrs of good footy to win finals. Geelong had Richmond on the ropes in a final last year also.

That experience will surely help come finals this year.

God I hate that we probably lose to these guys just based on timing of this game. 4 day break for this game and 4 day break for the next. McStay suspended, Rich and Birchall managed. 3 young KPP's in Payne, Ballenden and Skinner with 3 games between them. I would back us if this game was scheduled any other round. The timing of this game plus injury/suspensions makes it hard. The AFL could've scheduled these pricks any other round and we'd have them. Now I'm not so sure.

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back