Review Round 10, 2020 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

We were scheduled to play the Bulldogs in Ballarat Rd 22 15th August.

Today in Ballarat its 5.6 degrees at the moment, top is supposed to be 7 and good chance of snow according to BOM
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers and the chance of snow flurries at times. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late morning and afternoon. Possible hail in the late morning and afternoon. Winds westerly 25 to 30 km/h tending southwesterly 30 to 35 km/h in the middle of the day then decreasing to 20 to 25 km/h in the evening.

The boys might have been pissed off with a 4 day break but at least no snow to contend with and it was 10-11 deg,
microwave.JPG
"Was looking forward to being there"

Last edited:

I'd be shocked if our predicted score wasn't higher than Footscray's, to be honest. RussellEbertHandball or anyone else, does Murdoch's rag have the predicted score (based on difficulty of shots on goal) of both teams from last night's game?

Champion Data tables have Xscore ie expected score.

Port Xscore 71 Actual 55. Bulldogs Xscore 61 Actual 42.
Gray and Westhoff ran into goal from 15m and missed. Rockliff and Georgi were 30m out set shot and missed. Bulldogs missed some sitters as well.

Frees inside 50 Port 2 kicked 1.1 and WB 4 kicked 2.0

Marks inside 50 Port 7 Bulldogs 5 Port kicked 3.3 + Georgi didn't make the distance and WB kicked 0.2
Dixon 2 marks 1.1
Ladhams 1 mark 1.0
SPP 1 mark 1.0
Hoff 1 mark 0.1
Georgi 2 marks 0.1

1596509801831.png

1596509818547.png

Last edited:
Champion Data tables have Xscore ie expected score.

Port X score 71 Actual 55. Bulldogs XScore 61 Actual 42.
Gray and Westhoff ran into goal from 15m and missed. Rockloff and Georgi were 30m out set shot and missed. Bulldogs missed some sitters as well.

Frees inside 50 Port 2 kicked 1.1 and WB 4 kicked 2.0

Marks inside 50 Port 7 Bulldogs 5 Port kicked 3.3 MG + Georgi didn't make the distance and WB kicked 0.2
Dixon 2 marks 1.1
Ladhams 1 mark 1.0
SPP 1 mark 1.0
Hoff 1 mark 0.1
Georgi 2 marks 0.1

View attachment 927130
So looking at the qtr by qtr stats and TOG, Wines was benched/rested for most of the 1st and 4th, and SPP for the 2nd and 3rd.

So looking at the qtr by qtr stats and TOG, Wines was benched/rested for most of the 1st and 4th, and SPP for the 2nd and 3rd.
Reckon the GPS until might have been turned off on these guys. Wines played most of the first quarter and was smashed.

Just as good as Walsh's. Was it better than Dixon's last night?
Imagine running full tilt at a stobie pole, launching yourself as high as you can, lifting your arms above your head so your torso is exposed to the full brunt of the impact, and then intercepting a football lauched from 50 metres away with one grab.

Now imagine that the stobie pole is moving towards you at the same rate...

Couldn't see daylight. That cracked me up. It was night you idiot.

The sound was probably the umpire farting in fear at having to make a decision.

I waa just glad it wasn’t Daniel “Louis Theroux“ Hoskin. He wouldn’t got out alive and I would’ve had to ring his old man and dob myself in.

Reckon the GPS until might have been turned off on these guys. Wines played most of the first quarter and was smashed.
Yep, think something weird has happened there. If you add the ToG% of every Footscray player together you get 1801 (makes sense with rounding). Port's only comes to 1768.

Jonas got the absolute stuffing knocked out of him.

I was actually thinking for a while he may not come back out after half time ... he was really struggling for a period there, looked to me like his hip copped it, and they can seize up during a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, think something weird has happened there. If you add the ToG% of every Footscray player together you get 1801 (makes sense with rounding). Port's only comes to 1768.
Yeah the AFL app says game time was 102 minutes 55 seconds. I rounded that up 103 minutes x 18 = 1,854 minutes and then took each individual % from footywire.com and times that by 103 and got 1821, so a discrepancy of 33 as well. Give Ollie 12 minutes, and SPP 21 minutes and you get 62% for both.

Where was snicko when Jenkins hit the post?
Same reviewer?

Even if it wasn't and I wouldn't be surprised if it was, we really are up against a loaded deck in this town. When the Jenkins incident was in the news one of our BF posters

said he knew the guy and that he was a crow supporting Port hater. Great eh. :(

PepeSilvia did the same for Bulldogs and got 1,855 minutes, so definitely something wrong with the figures and SPP and Wines are the 2 that look out of whack.

View attachment 927073
[/QUOTE]

F****** Mitch Wallis. Ranks with Selwood and Shuey for Academy Award efforts. Every time he gets a ground level ball he starts to stand up and then either feels hands closing around him or else pre-empts a tackle, his knees inexplicably turn to jelly and the head goes down. Walah! Free kick for head high tackle.

Moron.

Glad he drew blood (pity whoever tackled him didn't do it harder), so that he couldn't take the shot on goal to feather his own stats. Cracked the sooks and slammed the ball into the ground, then trudged off. Bwahahahahaha.

Crowd gave him heaps too :p Fully deserved. Cheating poonce!

The Dogs have a few that go to ground remarkably easily, and the umps fall for it every time. They have mastered the skill of (pretending to) handball away at the moment they are tackled, to con the umps into thinking they had momentarily lost control of their upright body posture and were not milking frees, but merely endeavouring to move the ball on.

Maybe Port should invest in a strategic coach to teach them how to crumble like chocolate mouse and get tackled high, to garner a few cheap frees?

Left my backpack with my work laptop in at the predrinks pub before the game. Many thanks to bomberclifford and his awesome lads for giving my a ride back after to pick it up. 😂

Haha! No worries mate. Hope everything that should have been in the bag was there.

Jonathan Brown was talking about Rozee, Butters and Duursma after the game. Said he's heard (presumably directly from Michael Voss) that they all live and breathe football and are as professional and dedicated as Simon Black.
This is probably the best news of the lot.

All it takes is 3 leaders like that to set the standard for the whole club going forwards.

Especially of one of them has no filter between the brain and the mouth like Butters.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How's this contradiction from Jason Dunstall last night, couldn't believe it when I heard it

Hilarious, the second is so much worse than the first too... you could at least argue that Rocky was trying to burrow his way through, the Dogs player just basically gives up on the ball and tries to lean in to the arm.

Mitch Wallis' delayed flop was the most embarrassing thing to happen in the game until he spat the dummy when told to get off due to the blood rule.

What an utter knob.

I was actually thinking for a while he may not come back out after half time ... he was really struggling for a period there, looked to me like his hip copped it, and they can seize up during a break.
Dunno about that, it looked to me like he was trying to get the beans back into the beanbag...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back