Review Round 10, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I would of rate Mathos game higher if there were less of his kicks going astray.
Curiously I went back and looked at some stats.

Matho amassed 20 disposals, kicked 1.0 and had a 60% disposal efficiency. Compared to McCluggage, who actually leads the total number of 'best player' votes in the poll in this thread fwiw - 27 disposals, kicked 0.2, and had a 51% disposal effiency

Bailey, for those in this discussion about playing selfish - 15 disposals, kicked 4.0, 80% disposal efficiency.

Food for thought.

Curiously I went back and looked at some stats.

Matho amassed 20 disposals, kicked 1.0 and had a 60% disposal efficiency. Compared to McCluggage, who actually leads the total number of 'best player' votes in the poll in this thread fwiw - 27 disposals, kicked 0.2, and had a 51% disposal effiency

Bailey, for those in this discussion about playing selfish - 15 disposals, kicked 4.0, 80% disposal efficiency.

Food for thought.

Disposal efficiency is one of the most useless stats in football. I think Dangerfield regularly hovers around a the 50-65% mark.

They are different though, that's why I laugh at them. They come out to push the limits physically and play on the edge. They fly into oppos back to make them 'feel it', cloths line players, block and hit of the ball, push peoples head into the ground, hold in every marketing contest.

They choose to play that way. I have no issue with it, bring it on. I just don't get how you then complain when a bunch of obvious frees are paid againts you.

Great description of Richmond's 'game plan'.

Others are starting to wake up to it.

Last edited:
Back