Preview Round 10, 2021: Carlton v Hawthorn, 22 May 2021, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back 15 years ago, everyone in the media were questioning what on earth are Hawks doing!!! Playing the rope-a-dope game plan, with Hodge and Mitchell racking up 30 possies a week, in fact it was us That nearly costed Sam Newman his job , he walked out of the triple m box Halfway through the game annoyed at Hawthorn NOT just kicking the ball inside 50 for the big guys to take marks, well, Sammy, first of all our tall targets were mark Williams and Ben Dixon!!! Second of all that inept looking game plan was to teach players to buy time with ball so the guys without the ball can find free 'pockets' of space to provide a 'dangerous' option!!!! Then 2008 happened. Btw, Sam Newman, w***er.

Like ins this time, always wondered why Greaves was kept out considering his wand season form.

Wonder why people hate Hanrahan so much definitely have some class with ball in his hand and knows where goals are. Also he is playing for his career, so happy to give him some chance.
I don’t think many around here hate Hanrahan. He’s getting better, but he’s starting from behind the 8 ball - he’s missing some attributes to play his position to the elite level. So he must make up the difference- Puopolo style - with fantastic work-rate and attack on the man and the ball. He can do it, he showed that against Melbourne. But now we’re a few weeks out, and haven’t really seen it again. Moore in the same category but showing more signs.

Back 15 years ago, everyone in the media were questioning what on earth are Hawks doing!!! Playing the rope-a-dope game plan, with Hodge and Mitchell racking up 30 possies a week, in fact it was us That nearly costed Sam Newman his job , he walked out of the triple m box Halfway through the game annoyed at Hawthorn NOT just kicking the ball inside 50 for the big guys to take marks, well, Sammy, first of all our tall targets were mark Williams and Ben Dixon!!! Second of all that inept looking game plan was to teach players to buy time with ball so the guys without the ball can find free 'pockets' of space to provide a 'dangerous' option!!!! Then 2008 happened. Btw, Sam Newman, w***er.
I wholeheartedly endorse this post.

Is Marketing and Sales under the soft cap?

I'd also argue that our big footy posters are probably our most passionate supporters.... key stakeholders. Also, hence my previous point.
We’re a tiny volume of supporters who will go / watch / buy memberships / support the club no matter how bad we are. I would have thought there’d be bigger fish to fry.

* I can't stand it when I hear 2021 is being compared to 2005, the only comparable thing is we were s**t in both years.

The 2005 to 2008 rise was awesome, I loved it but it was freak circumstance. Expecting something similar this time is just dreamland stuff.

fu** I can't stand it when I hear 2021 is being compared to 2005, the only comparable thing is we were sh*t in both years.

The 2005 to 2008 rise was awesome, I loved it but it was freak circumstance. Expecting something similar this time is just dreamland stuff.
It certainly was a one off and we should view it as a repeatable template. No priority picks for a start. But Of course there are some similarities. Doesn’t mean people expect the same outcome in the same time frame. We know even that list struggled with Clarko’s game plan for at least two years.

It is a good reason to be patient with this list and not howl for changes to the game plan or wild selection changes week to week. Our entire premiership midfield, including wings, was on the list in 2005 and still struggled as a group for a couple of years even with all time great talent. We don’t know what this group can do but likely it is lower than that list without more talent.

Last edited:
fu** I can't stand it when I hear 2021 is being compared to 2005, the only comparable thing is we were sh*t in both years.

The only comparison I think that’s been made is that the game plan and the coach look ordinary when you’re no good and haven’t got the cattle.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh, I only just realised it’s not a home game. How annoying

It’s a replacement game right? So we shouldn’t have to pay for a ticket right ?

Correct, it is a replacement game. Still need to book tickets through Ticketek or Ticketmaster.

Ugh, I only just realised it’s not a home game. How annoying

It’s a replacement game right? So we shouldn’t have to pay for a ticket right ?

No in my view you should not have to pay additional -- however the AFL have stated you had to book between 10am-12pm on Wednesday 12th May (10 days prior to the game) to redeem your ticket -- this was called the "Member Redemption Period" -- if you didn't do that -- well suck balls - you have to pay additional money for your seat.

Forget just rocking up to the ground with your paid membership card anymore ... sigh.

No in my view you should not have to pay additional -- however the AFL have stated you had to book between 10am-12pm on Wednesday 12th May (10 days prior to the game) to redeem your ticket -- this was called the "Member Redemption Period" -- if you didn't do that -- well suck balls - you have to pay additional money for your seat.

Forget just rocking up to the ground with your paid membership card anymore ... sigh.

I was able to get my ticket a few days ago without having to pay?

Incorrect. That was the member priority time.
Can still grab free tickets up to the bounce. From next week we can scan in our seats (for our measly three remaining MCG games).

Yes, and in 1960/61 we got the jump on other teams by being fitter and stronger by doing the first real pre-season as Kennedy's Commandos. Not sure how any of that helps us now.

I tried via ticketek ... and didn't have the same luck..
Ok look I've just double checked and I may or may not have gotten myself an under 5's ticket... This study period has taken it's toll on me. Carry on!

Incorrect. That was the member priority time.
Can still grab free tickets up to the bounce. From next week we can scan in our seats (for our measly three remaining MCG games).

Any chance you can show me how? Every time I try it says I have to pay? $235 for five people ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back