Review Round 10, 2021: Essendon v Box Hill, Sunday 11.05am Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Saunders improvement has been rapid this year , our recruiters have done well finding him so late.

It's exciting seeing dbg turn it on , he is a maniac and so chaotic in the way he spoils and flys for the ball. World's apart in talent between him and zach Reid from essendon.

Saunders improvement has been rapid this year , our recruiters have done well finding him so late.

It's exciting seeing dbg turn it on , he is a maniac and so chaotic in the way he spoils and flys for the ball. World's apart in talent between him and zach Reid from

It's exciting seeing dbg turn it on , he is a maniac and so chaotic in the way he spoils and flys for the ball. World's apart in talent between him and zach Reid from essendon.
That's Why HFC got rid of G.Wright 😳😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say this feels like an announcement game for Finn. Played exceptionally well I thought, both defensively and offensively.
Jeez DGB looks like a weapon. I was expecting him to take longer to show anything but he came in firing and looked a level above in our back end.
I feel like this game was the almost the announcement game for Downie too, but a few errant disposals in the third and fourth let him down.
Callow flying the flag in the third was great to see- he's an imposing size for such a young lad and at least at this level his athleticism seems more than apt.
Reeves, Saunders, Ollie, Morris all showed a hell of a lot too. Weirdly I thought Jeka was a little more quiet but still had two goals to his name and plenty of the ball up field.
BHH play an exciting brand of footy.

Will be a cornerstone to our defense rebuild. Looks a Harris Andrew's clone
Have watched him for a few years now and he is one of the best I have seen at reading the play and positioning. Has some real mongrel in him as well, likes getting under the skin of his opponent and never gives up. Going to be a gun.

DGB was very impressive defensively. Knows where the ball is going. Won’t stay at this level for long.

Hanrahan the best of the Hawthorn listed players. Kicked a couple and got a lot of the ball. He’s a good player at VFL level but I don’t think he can handle the step up. He’s in that Howe/Cousins category

Saunders started really well but faded a bit. I love his energy. Downie, Maginness, Reeves, Callow and Jeka all had some good moments and would each take something out of the game

Encouraging game from hawks perspective though a lot of the best players were Box Hill guys - Kilpatrick, Greene, Phillips.

Reid at Essendon is a butcher by foot. Bombers did very well in the draft but not sure about that one

Many thanks to all for the brilliant updates for us non Kayo folks - can’t wait to see DGB and The Blonde Prince playing together
You can sign up to get freebie Kayo as this game was a freebie to view.

Harahan showing what I've been saying for a while.

He's a midfielder being forced to play as a small forward.

Mitchell finally put him in the middle in the last and his reading of the tap was far away better than anyone else there.
Give him one more year ship in or ship out

Early days but our 2020 draft haul is very exciting. DGB looked a class above today. SMitch to come back from injury. Brockman very promising. Downie was good in the first half today. Saunders is showing great signs for a project player.

Then we also picked up Bramble, Newcombe & Callow. The former are in our senior side and the latter played a good debut game.

Early days but our 2020 draft haul is very exciting. DGB looked a class above today. SMitch to come back from injury. Brockman very promising. Downie was good in the first half today. Saunders is showing great signs for a project player.

Then we also picked up Bramble, Newcombe & Callow. The former are in our senior side and the latter played a good debut game.

Mark McKenzie is doing a good job so far, im happy we have some good talent coming through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back