Preview Round 10, 2021 vs Collingwood @ MCG 23/05/21: Battle of the Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the doom and gloom around, our good but not great side still has a chance to be sitting 8-3 at the turn which would be a very good result and keep us firmly in top 4 calculations. So the next 2 games are crucial and we must win them both.

Collingwood lost a few heartbreakers in the earlier rounds and eventually it took it's toll as the wheels seemed to have totally come off when they lost at home to GC. Hopefully they don't bounce back just yet. They can certainly be better than their form line suggests, and though we have a habit of playing teams into form we should really want this and must get the job done.

I expect to see a full-on pile-on on Pete Ladhams on Sunday night after he is torched by Grundy, despite us winning clearances

DeGoey will kick 7

Crows will do the Dees

I’ll seriously contemplate a long walk off a short jetty

Who gets De Goey then? I reckon it's time for the captain to stand up and do the job on De Goey that he should've been tasked to do on Martin in last season's PF.

Collingwood are pretty trash right now

We will win without getting it out of cruise

We should win comfortably but you just don't know in games like these. Collingwood will be up for it early, so we need to be switched on from the first bounce which I am not convinced we will be. Just make sure Grundy doesn't turn back the clock 5 years against Ladhams and we should have the talent around the ground to get by the rest of the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Collingwood have appointed Dr Bridie O’Donnell to the board.

For those that don't know she has been part of SBS's commentary team for the Tour de France for the last few years and she does a great job of it.

Like our Holly, she appears to have swapped allegiances...

1621394455070.png

If McGuire was still President he would be building this game up internally as an us vs them you gotta win and shut up these disrespectful ferals. He would be all over the footy department frothing at the mouth to fire them all up. Wonder what he will do - no doubt he still has plenty of influence inside the footy department.

I expect Collingwood to throw everything at us early. We better be awake for it and not be asleep, like in 2019 at Docklands when it was 0.3 to 7.6 at quarter time on a Friday night about Rd 6 or 7.

Can we change the thread title to Prison Bars vs boring generic stripes.

I don't want us to buy into the narrative that our guernseys are the same.
Fox Footy having a video package a few months back calling Collingwoods jumper the "famous Prison Bars" was so wrong.

2am. Worked once or twice last year, moite.

Probably taking the overnight Firefly Express with each player taking their own gear plus some training equipment.
Arrives at the MCG around 25mins before kickoff. Plenty of time.

Highlight is Ken shouting 330ml cokes and dim sims for everyone at the Bordertown truck stop.

Fox Footy having a video package a few months back calling Collingwoods jumper the "famous Prison Bars" was so wrong.

If by 'wrong' you mean 'intentionally planted by McChins', then yes, it was very wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back