Preview Round 10, 2021 vs Collingwood @ MCG 23/05/21: Battle of the Prison Bars

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well, this game has been a few weeks coming!

The two black & whites will do battle this week at the MCG in a match that's sure to attract a lot of interest, regardless of the result.

1621204014334.png

Form:
Port Adelaide:
5th, 6-3
Collingwood: 16th, 2-7

Last Time We Met:

Head To Head:
1621204212514.png

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not much is going our way this year so far, I'm starting to get 2018 vibes where we started well and our win loss record was good but we never actually looked convincing and struggled against the good teams. With injuries piling up, the wheels could come completely off if we are not careful.

My fear is that we will break the FTB cycle with a loss in one of the next two games rather than beating Geelong in 3 weeks.

Not confident at all.

Lose this game and the Club look like the biggest idiots of all time. In the Hinkley era, this is highly likely.

Yep.
We need to win this convincingly but I'm not confident we'll even win at all.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Well, this game has been a few weeks coming!

The two black & whites will do battle this week at the MCG in a match that's sure to attract a lot of interest, regardless of the result.

View attachment 1129840

Form:
Port Adelaide:
5th, 6-3
Collingwood: 16th, 2-7

Last Time We Met:

Head To Head:
View attachment 1129841

Port 8-2, in the last 10 matches. Not bad at all...

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This has all the markings for a classic Port loss under Hinkley. All the respect gained last year for being a consistent football team has been lost. Collingwood's grand final, inspired by guernsey war of words and Collingwood getting slammed in media. 3 weeks of average football, I am not confident. We are still in the 4 and everything still to play for, but I just cant see who will stand up. Many of our senior footballers are out of form and our younger players are not stepping up and announcing themselves. Ken is also gutless at selections. Don't feel it at all....

Its time to start trying to improve our midfield depth.

If Houston is fit give him a run in there. Put Hartlett in there for 2 lots of 10-15 minutes. Even give Burton a run in there. Use Amon and Rozee more in there.

The Bulldogs game shows we don't bat as deep as them and a couple of other of the top teams. Now's the time to do something about it rather than just wearing out Wines, Boak SPP an Drew thru the winter months.

We have drafted a plethora of half back flanker types. Its time that we found players who can do two jobs ie HBF + midfield or HFF + midfield.

If we are doing well against Collingwood we rotate our players through there. We know what they can do as flankers lets see what they can do in the midfield.

FutureShock

Team Captain
May 13, 2019
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Collingwood have had a poor season obviously, but they look better on paper than their form reflects, there still seems to be a fair bit of quality there, especially in the midfield where of course we habitually get pantsed. We're more than capable of being off our game again and playing them back into form. We're too inconsistent and fragile mentally for me to go into this game with much confidence...expecting either a scrappy unconvincing win or a disastrous loss.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think we'll win this because we get up for games that kind of mean something but against contenders.

Examples would be recent Showdowns and games in China.

The coaches/management will put a bit of spice on this one because of the prison bar episode and that will get them over the line.

Not after a win against sides like this.
So you wont post in the collingwood review thread and then the following game preview thread? I dont believe you.

Powertron

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
we'll kill them by 10 goals. If they kick more than 6 for the game I'll be surprised....almost the worst forward line setup in the league.

Back