Preview Round 10, 2021: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd May, 7:25PM AEST *BATTLE 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha give it a spell for f**k sake. Half your posts are slinging sh*t at dogs fans. Particularly this off season. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that you have been in hiding from the main board since the dogs have gone to another level this year and your club has been stinking it up.

The hate goes both ways from our fan bases. Get off your high horse.

FWIW, I have nothing but love for the Saints. You guys passed on potentially the greatest player to ever play for the Dogs in Bontempelli. For a player your fan base is questioning whether or not you should trade him along with a draft pick for Merrett. Love you guys.

Sad that you're over here reading his posts really. Most Dogs fans are okay, we were always taught that the less fortunate should be protected and made feel part of society. Just because your fan base are predominantly a subspecies of mouth breathing troglodytes doesn't mean that you should be excluded from enjoying football like the rest of us. You're an inspiration to the rest of us, go you special little guy.

Haha give it a spell for f**k sake. Half your posts are slinging sh*t at dogs fans. Particularly this off season. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that you have been in hiding from the main board since the dogs have gone to another level this year and your club has been stinking it up.

FWIW, I have nothing but love for the Saints. You guys passed on potentially the greatest player to ever play for the Dogs in Bontempelli. For a player your fan base is questioning whether or not you should trade him along with a draft pick for Merrett. Love you guys.
delete-gif-5.gif

I watched the game last Saturday between the Dogs and Port and it was brutal. There will be some very sore Doggies players coming into this game.

With half an eye on next week’s top of the table clash, the Dogs may have a few guys either physically or mentally going at 95%. If we smash them with everything we’ve got from the get-go we are a very real chance of causing an upset.

Im big on Libba - hes a cheeky campaigner and gets the hard stuff done with minimum of fuss. Agree with all of this Gringo

He's one of the best throwers in the business, could get a game for the Wallabies with his passing skills along with a few other Bulldogs players.

I expect the umpires will turn a blind eye to their throws like they did with Geelong, we should try it too but the umpires would probably ping us.

He's one of the best throwers in the business, could get a game for the Wallabies with his passing skills along with a few other Bulldogs players.

I expect the umpires will turn a blind eye to their throws like they did with Geelong, we should try it too but the umpires would probably ping us.
Yeah I'm pretty nonplussed with how they call this mate. The AFL have clearly stated what constitutes a handball and some clubs are far greater at it then others. The rule is there for all.
Up to clubs and individuals how invested and creative they want to get with it, some see it as a weapon and an area to be exploited where others dont give it a second thought on improving the action from the one they learnt in juniors.
The game is too quick to rely on umpires to accurately call it. Adapt or sit in the pack imo.

Libba was the forgotten man for a few years but he's playing back at his 2017 best right now. He's the best clearance player in the comp in 2021.

If we let them have free reign in the midfield we will get hammered. Their forward line is very good and will trouble most defences but they are light on up back.

Crouch really needs to continue to play well.

Big test for him playing the way he does with a cheek fracture.

It only has to be bothering him a bit for him to be fractionally late diving for contested balls etc and suddenly their inside mids like libba are racking it up and we can't get hold of the ball.

65BD6FCA-C4E1-4918-A24A-6DDE422F6DFD.png

Yeah I'm pretty nonplussed with how they call this mate. The AFL have clearly stated what constitutes a handball and some clubs are far greater at it then others. The rule is there for all.
Up to clubs and individuals how invested and creative they want to get with it, some see it as a weapon and an area to be exploited where others dont give it a second thought on improving the action from the one they learnt in juniors.
The game is too quick to rely on umpires to accurately call it. Adapt or sit in the pack imo.

It's frustrating to watch teams get away with it but I don't think the AFL care if throws are ignored as it keeps the game moving with less stoppages.

A few teams like the Bulldogs and the Cats have caught on to this and push the envelope with throws knowing they will get away with most of them.

It might give them an advantage but I don't respect teams that do it, like I don't respect teams that duck and dive for frees which the Bulldogs are one of the worst offenders at too.

It's frustrating to watch teams get away with it but I don't think the AFL care if throws are ignored as it keeps the game moving with less stoppages.

A few teams like the Bulldogs and the Cats have caught on to this and push the envelope with throws knowing they will get away with most of them.

It might give them an advantage but I don't respect teams that do it, like I don't respect teams that duck and dive for frees which the Bulldogs are one of the worst offenders at too.
I think it's time we stopped calling umpires umpires, and started calling them 'conductors' or something. They're clearly more in charge of maintaining the tempo of a game now than officiating. Even when they do pay a free kick, they call 'play on' before the player has a chance to go back and take it.
Frankly, it pisses me off.

I'd give Mc Kernan another go, he's got his bad reputation at the Saints because he was asked to play Marshall's role without even the benefit of having Paddy along side him. He should look a lot better playing forward with the chop outs in the ruck than having to play as a more full time ruck.
Wasn’t that his role in the first 2 games? I’m pretty sure is was. Only the Essendon game he was first ruck. We have no choice but he isn’t very good and hasn’t been for a while.

R U Ok?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's time we stopped calling umpires umpires, and started calling them 'conductors' or something. They're clearly more in charge of maintaining the tempo of a game now than officiating. Even when they do pay a free kick, they call 'play on' before the player has a chance to go back and take it.
Frankly, it pisses me off.
The player decides if it’s advantage. That rule is much better than the umpires deciding especially when having a shot at goal. They basically had a free hit previously. Now it’s on the players. As an umpire I like that rule. As for others mentioning handballs pardon me is right. Every single team has the same rule. Adapt or be left behind.

Totally get this but please balance up your argument with how you’ve stunk it up in finals against us over the last 5 or 6 games

200.gif

Strictly for my entertainment I’d love to see the Dogs throw Naughton back onto Ming.
That would be some classic marking duels right there.
Strictly for my entertainment I’d love to see the Dogs throw Bruce into the ruck against Paddy from the first bounce :cool:

If it was more than day off, please set a reminder to unban (in the unlikely event) if we're 4 -5 goals up with a couple of minutes to play.
He was on the borderline of triggering a 3 week ban and I pushed him over it. He's 2 points away from a permanent ban.

Oops-GIF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back