Preview Round 10, 2021: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd May, 7:25PM AEST *BATTLE 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
pikzjCK.png

Marshall and Lonie out McKernan and Dunstan in. Dunstan is underated and probably plays out of position. I think he may go OK as the next Geary.

Not sure bringing in Dunstan would be the best idea against a quick running side like the Bulldogs, we need more pace against them, not less.

I'd rather we brought Geary back in if he's fit enough, he could play a lockdown role on Daniel which he did so well last year.

I'm not a huge fan of McKernan but he is the logical replacement for Marshall to play that ruck forward role.

Marshall and Lonie out McKernan and Dunstan in. Dunstan is underated and probably plays out of position. I think he may go OK as the next Geary.
Did you watch Dunstan last game ?

Play like we did on Friday with even average conversion and we will win. The good thing is the way we have beaten them the past 3 times is still the exact same way that trouble's them now. Win the ruck and match their mids. The stats tell you if you can get it forward again them, you are highly likely to score. But the challenge is getting it forward in the first place.

McKernan needs to come in to replace Marshall. Dogs biggest weakness is their defence and in the air so we need to expose that area. He will also vital in taking some attention away from King and Ryder will need a chop out.

Unsure if Geary will be right to go after the 1 VFL game. He has a very high fitness base but 1 game after such a major injury doesnt seem like a lot of preparation.

Out; Marshall, Lonie
In; McKernan, Geary

Sub - Lonie or Wood.

Play like we did on Friday with even average conversion and we will win. The good thing is the way we have beaten them the past 3 times is still the exact same way that trouble's them now. Win the ruck and match their mids. The stats tell you if you can get it forward again them, you are highly likely to score. But the challenge is getting it forward in the first place.

McKernan needs to come in to replace Marshall. Dogs biggest weakness is their defence and in the air so we need to expose that area. He will also vital in taking some attention away from King and Ryder will need a chop out.

Unsure if Geary will be right to go after the 1 VFL game. He has a very high fitness base but 1 game after such a major injury doesnt seem like a lot of preparation.

Out; Marshall, Lonie
In; McKernan, Geary

Sub - Lonie or Wood.
It was for a retired player in Frawley. He must play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A team that can’t kick goals in Aussie Rules is like a team that can’t tackle in league.
A team that has that major flaw and yet can still push a top side isn’t too far off.
NEXT BARRAMUNDI!!!!!!!!

We got this! Probably the best I've felt going into a game this year. Bulldogs have Dunkley, their best player, out and we showed that we could bring a sustainable, smart game plan against a top side last week. The scoring opportunities we created weren't difficult shots either, a majority of them would be considered gettable which means we're not relying on our forwards to kick arsey goals to keep us in it. If we do what we did last week and the forwards can just convert the easy ones and even a couple of the 50/50 difficult ones we're a chance.

Paddy will dismantle whoever the Dogs send at him, especially as Stefan Martin is out but I worry about them just running him into the ground with the 2v1 (Sweet and English). If he tires or gets injured we're ****ed. Need either Alabakis or Hunter to come in and support him. I'd consider Mckernan but the dogs get lots of free kicks already so Mckernan would probably give away double digits.

They've been troubled by tall forward lines so it looks like our forwards should be able to take marks like they did against the cats. Geary potentially in can play a shutdown forward role on Caleb Daniel.

Midfield wise Crouch should be able to match Macrae for raw disposals and ball getting, hopefully Bytel can go toe to toe with Libba for clearances and contested work, Steele plays the goalkicking and classy ball use role of the Bont, Seb Ross plays a tagging role on whoever's getting off the chain at the time.

Backline wise I honestly don't know. Our backline is good some weeks and a shambles the next. Don't know whether Joyce is getting a game, whether we finally bring in Clav, whether Frawley holds his spot, Coff back in?

Did you watch Dunstan last game ?

It was absolutely horrible but that was his first senior game in over 12 months and there was no VFL last season; it was vs. the premiers. Wouldn't like him as a selection but we need to be fair to the guy.

It was absolutely horrible but that was his first senior game in over 12 months and there was no VFL last season; it was vs. the premiers. Wouldn't like him as a selection but we need to be fair to the guy.
Or the coaches realise he just not up to it

Or the coaches realise he just not up to it

If the coaches are bringing in players under the circs. I described and telling them they have one single game to prove themselves or get dropped again then we don't deserve success tbh.

Anyway, I shouldn't really be engaging with you cos I don't even want him in the side. The report from the club is that Crouch will be available so the only forced change would be McKernan for Marshall or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back