Preview Round 10, 2022: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 21st May, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

6-8 weeks for Steele.

Not great news but we should be able to beat Adelaide and North without him and then we have the bye so he may only miss a few games after that.

We also have a pretty good replacement returning in Clark, Owens could get a look in to play that midfield role too along with Windhager and Bytel.

Last edited:

Hopefully Jack gets up but if not does Owens get a run?

I've had a few AC stingers and can tell you he'll be bloody sore today.

Might struggle for this week I reckon. You can usually play out a game but within 12 hours it's hard to lift your arm at all.

Edit: just saw the update. That bloody hurts

Steele and Higgins out. Windhanger and butler in.
That would be my changes too

Give Windhager a bit more time in the guts

Should be able to cover him with Crouch, Ross, Gresham, Jones, Windhager and Sinclair

I'd be tempted to bring in Clark as another option but he probably needs more footy under his belt

Should be able to cover him with Crouch, Ross, Gresham, Jones, Windhager and Sinclair

I'd be tempted to bring in Clark as another option but he probably needs more footy under his belt
Yep unlucky there is game for sandy this week. Would be certain to play if had one more game.

I've had a few AC stingers and can tell you he'll be bloody sore today.

Might struggle for this week I reckon. You can usually play out a game but within 12 hours it's hard to lift your arm at all.

Edit: just saw the update. That bloody hurts
Like Hunter Clark it will be closer to 10 weeks then 6 weeks

Who wants his spot ? Hope like F--- Windhager- Bytel or Owens say here is my chance to be an AFL footballer

Who wants his spot ? Hope like F--- Windhager- Bytel or Owens say here is my chance to be an AFL footballer
You'd think Windhager is first in line. He's been impressive at AFL level and his versatility means we can give more midfield time to others as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think Windhager is first in line. He's been impressive at AFL level and his versatility means we can give more midfield time to others as well
100% he was good when he got given a chance last night

Think it says we have improved as a club when our best player is going to miss 8 and we feel good about covering him

Not great news but we should be able to beat Adelaide and North without him and then we have the bye so he may only miss a few games after that.

We also have a pretty good replacement returning in Clark, Owens could get a look in to play that midfield role too along with Windhager.
Hanners will be back after the bye....

Steele out for 8 weeks sucks, but this is where someone like Bytel, Owens or Clark comes in. This is the opportunity one of them has been waiting for. They need to make it difficult to drop them once Steele is back.

Although after last night, I think Windy gets first crack. The unit.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

8 weeks is a huge blow. Such a St Kilda thing to happen.

Windhager back in now.

Clark for the Lions or North.

With Steele gone for upto 8 weeks, it may pay to have a look at Bytel or Byrnes against the Crows and North in our midfield rotation where if they flop it should not alter the result.

I don't think we can expect Windhager to carry the midfield, he might get a run ocasiaonlly but realistically Bytel needs to show why we chose to keep him over Dunny. Unless Byrnes can get a run on ball.

Pretty amazing how far the midfield has come, last year or the year before Steele going down for 6 to 8 weeks would have been the end of our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back