Preview Round 10, 2022: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 21st May, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nervous though. I hope we don't lose it. For some reason the ones that we should win are the ones I feel like we'll drop. Definitely not a bad idea to get game into the youth though.
Thats fair, for a long time its been the Saints way win a game we shouldn't and lose the ones we should win by 10 goals

i like it

We are winning games and developing young guys at the same time

NWN - Windhager & Sharman all less then 10 games, great for next year and the future
I can’t even remember when last, if ever, we were in a position to do so, so early in the season and so regularly with our new recruits.
Really positive.

I'm nervous though. I hope we don't lose it. For some reason the ones that we should win are the ones I feel like we'll drop. Definitely not a bad idea to get game into the youth though.
I’m always nervous….

Good pick up. Their tallest defender is Nick Murray at 194cm. As far as I can tell, the rest of their named defenders are under 190cm… against King, Marshall, Ryder, Membrey, Sharman
Yeah their backline is incredibly short. Murray (who is 21yo, on the rookie list and has played 16 games) and then their next two “talls” are 187cm! That’s 1980’s type stuff.

They have a midget team. Including 9 who are 181cm or less, with a couple at 172/173cm.

Last edited:
Not surprising to see NWM recalled for the Doug Nicholls round, he isn't a replacement for Steele but we have Windhager to fill that role.

No need for many changes after such a good win against Geelong.

I hope it's coincidental myself. Selecting a side to suit the round is getting into arrogant territory.

Really glad we haven’t rushed Butler back in. If his achilles has been giving him trouble for weeks (or all year as someone suggested) and was so bad against Melbourne that he wasn’t able to push off, it’s not going to magically be all better after missing just one week.

We need him as close to 100% as possible.

He has gone from Coleman contention to looking a bit flaky very quickly. This one looks set up for him to absolutely take charge. If not I hope my boy Sharmanator kicks 10.
Yeah I probably got a bit overly sucked into the early season hype and thought he was on track for a huge year - 70+ regions. Pleasingly, he is still getting a heap of marks inside 50 and still looks very threatening. After getting the yips last year (post Geelong) he kicked one goal in three matches and took 2 contested marks in those games. This year post getting the yips against the Giants, he's kicked six goals and taken seven contested marks in three matches.

A good indication that although he will still have fluctuations, hopefully his floor is rising and his lesser games are still useful contributions where he kicks a couple and provides a strong contest. I'm still backing him to get 50 odd or so this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I probably got a bit overly sucked into the early season hype and thought he was on track for a huge year - 70+ regions. Pleasingly, he is still getting a heap of marks inside 50 and still looks very threatening. After getting the yips last year (post Geelong) he kicked one goal in three matches and took 2 contested marks in those games. This year post getting the yips against the Giants, he's kicked six goals and taken seven contested marks in three matches.

A good indication that although he will still have fluctuations, hopefully his floor is rising and his lesser games are still useful contributions where he kicks a couple and provides a strong contest. I'm still backing him to get 50 odd or so this year.
Imagine a universe where "the yips" becomes 4.7 ... and a good game is 7.4

Happy with the squad. NWM deserves his spot, he hasn't done much wrong, & needs games. Windhager being rewarded for his efforts last match is good form from the coaches...and like others have said...the team shouldn't be changed too much after last week's victory.
Think we'll win by around 10-15 points (should be more, but I think it'll take us a game or two to get used to Steele not being there...and also think we're not able to put teams to the sword whilst King is fluctuating form wise, and Higgins is an out. Maybe Sharman steps up with a few)

Happy with the squad. NWM deserves his spot, he hasn't done much wrong, & needs games. Windhager being rewarded for his efforts last match is good form from the coaches...and like others have said...the team shouldn't be changed too much after last week's victory.
Think we'll win by around 10-15 points (should be more, but I think it'll take us a game or two to get used to Steele not being there...and also think we're not able to put teams to the sword whilst King is fluctuating form wise, and Higgins is an out. Maybe Sharman steps up with a few)
Would be nice if we could find a way to get King a couple of marks in the square early ... bang through a couple from the top of the square to still the nerves, then get on with the rest of the job.

Feels like he is on the cusp of destroying someone - just needs something to be the catalyst for it ... he may never look back once it happens.

Would be nice if we could find a way to get King a couple of marks in the square early ... bang through a couple from the top of the square to still the nerves, then get on with the rest of the job.

Feels like he is on the cusp of destroying someone - just needs something to be the catalyst for it ... he may never look back once it happens.

Well the conditions are looking good for it. We have a lot of talls including King and so we want good conditions so that we can exploit that with good kicking, and good marking.

1652952795299.png

Yeah their backline is incredibly short. Murray (who is 21yo, on the rookie list and has played 16 games) and then their next two “talls” are 187cm! That’s 1980’s type stuff.

They have a midget team. Including 9 who are 181cm or less, with a couple at 172/173cm.
What happened to Frampton who they were playing back?

Jeez McCasey must be a disappointment

Worrel was looking half handy too.

Strange selection I reckon

Shows what I know

You are not alone. NWM is a good young player. But we have a lot of wingers in the team, including that with Sharman in the team that Membrey will also be playing up the ground. We have a lot of "outside" players.

On the plus side that is a very week looking Crows midfield, including their ruck, selected today. It is quite possibly the weakest we have ever faced against the Crows. And probably the shortest Crows backline we have faced as well.

Overall on paper it is a weak Crows team.

On the other hand, the club may be using the opportunity to develop our youngsters. I guess I just wanted to make sure that we banked the points.

If we turn up and play well, we should win well. If we just think we will win, we may gain a nasty surprise.

PS: What has happened to ROB this season? I thought he had been progressing very well up to this season. Crows fans are not at all happy with how he has played this season.

Only question remains is who will be the medi-sub. I'm tipping NWM or Wood.

Loving the look of the weather forecast and their backline full of Tyrion Lannisters.

Final question perhaps, whether to entertain a punt on the Saints over 39.

Go for the % lads!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back