Preview Round 10, 2022: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 21st May, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
Sinclair will probably be in the middle a bit more. Lienert the sub?

I still can't get comfortable about any game coming up. Am I alone? Loving what I'm seeing, but still very nervous even when we play teams below us.
Too many disappointments I suppose.

Yeah their backline is incredibly short. Murray (who is 21yo, on the rookie list and has played 16 games) and then their next two “talls” are 187cm! That’s 1980’s type stuff.

They have a midget team. Including 9 who are 181cm or less, with a couple at 172/173cm.
Nonetheless they looked quite sharp at training tonight.

TInLdjf.gif

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jeez good luck to the selectors next week. Normally you’d go the first year players as the easy outs but they keep on keeping on. I don’t even think the coaches have a clue what our best 22 is yet. Great problems to have.

Very surprised with selection. Thought Nas would have some VFL time and that we would downsize the forward line but I guess not. Sharman is pretty athletic which helps I suppose but will be interesting to see how it goes on a bigger ground.
Great problem to have , anyway this next coupe weeks players like Sharman , Milera and Windhager have the chance to cement themselves into the side if the can really have good performances.
Windhager showed against the Cats he is going to be a beauty.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Ha ha. That's very funny. All of us on here this forum this year have been very happy with selections

We're winning more than losing, life is good at that point. We're always three losses off reverting into warring tribes though.

Ha ha. That's very funny. All of us on here this forum this year have been very happy with selections
Yep. Thursday night melts have been pretty boring - basically nonexistent actually.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Byrnes deserves it
It's extremely tough on the guy knowing he can't do to much more in the 2s to impress.
Having Jones playing again and starting to show form and with Clark , Butler , Higgins all best 22 the chances of Byrnes , Bytel and Owens getting a game gets harder.
Guys like Lienert and Highmore also can't do much more.
However we are not even halfway through the season yet and we have not had a lot of injuries - only really Coffield , Hayes and now Steele and who knows what will happen in the future that may give these guys in the 2s a chance of playing seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ben Long seems to have really grown in confedence and he is reaping the rewards for his effort the way he is playing he will not be at Sandringham anytime soon.

Ben Long seems to have really grown in confedence and he is reaping the rewards for his effort the way he is playing he will not be at Sandringham anytime soon.
Impact of rats reinforcing his value to the team seen in member game video can’t be underestimated. Not sure what rats creds are when it comes to match day strategy but he certainly seems to be ticking all the boxes when it comes to player management.

PlayerNumber9

Number 9
Mar 6, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

What I’ve noticed is that he isn’t having the brain fade’s he’s always been prone to, and the result is he’s a really hard but tidy player. I’m amazed how much he has improved.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I’ve noticed is that he isn’t having the brain fade’s he’s always been prone to, and the result is he’s a really hard but tidy player. I’m amazed how much he has improved.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't remember too many brain fades, to me it was his intensity that he struggled to maintain in the past. He'd have a great quarter or passage of play then drift out of games. He's managing to stay very engaged this season and seems to want to stay in the side. I think a few took it easy in the Richo years knowing spots were not really likely to get stolen.

dudeintheswamp

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
Safe to say we owe this rather mediocre Adelaide side a few defeats..

Looking forward to being in attendance.
Yeah last year's game in particular was a very difficult watch. The desperate inevitability of that last quarter, knowing we probably only needed one goal to stop the rot, yet just couldn't get it done. A slow, painful, tortuous defeat. Horrible, horrible end to that game. 😳

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah last year's game in particular was a very difficult watch. The desperate inevitability of that last quarter, knowing we probably only needed one goal to stop the rot, yet just couldn't get it done. A slow, painful, tortuous defeat. Horrible, horrible end to that game. 😳
When we’re 6 goals up I’ll feel calm

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't remember too many brain fades, to me it was his intensity that he struggled to maintain in the past. He'd have a great quarter or passage of play then drift out of games. He's managing to stay very engaged this season and seems to want to stay in the side. I think a few took it easy in the Richo years knowing spots were not really likely to get stolen.
To tell you the truth I feel a lot of players need time to mentally adjust to playing consistent football when they are playing at a high level.
Playing a a lower level where the standards are not high you can get away with it because the players you are playing against maybe very average , not really needing you to go at the intensity you need to be at.
Guys like Sinclair , McKenzie , Long , Wood have most probably benefited from being on the list a while to mentally toughen up because when it comes to skill and fitness they have it.

For instance a guy like Wilkie was picked up and showed he had the mental toughness from the start of his career and unbelievably has not missed a game from the time he was picked up in the rookie draft.

A guy like King will be the same as he develops , however being a high draft pick his mental toughness would have to be better than most knowing a lot of the time he is going to be double teamed and add on the hype we give him expecting him to dominate every game - it would add pressure on the kid.

I don't know if this is the case but for the improved performance from Long , Sinclair , Wood , McKenzie something must be behind it , knowing McKenzie , Sinclair and Wood have always been endurance beasts so fitness has never been a problem.

Could it be the coaching having guys like Enright and Roughead giving them belief - because McKenzie , Long before last season were just about cast out and guys like Sinclair was handy but never thought of as being a game breaker as he is now and Wood was only give a chance after being de-listed to fill a hole in the squad and he is currently averaging more in about every stat as well he has now played the most consecutive games in career.

Whatever it has been I hope it keeps happening.

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
We’re all just skirting around the real talk here…

…all I wanna know is whose coming home with the rising star nom this week, Windy or Naz?

Both have shown a bit so far but have yet to put together a strong 4 Qtr game.

Would be fitting for one of them to get it in Doug Nicholls round.

I’d say they’re equally as primed to have a red hot crack at it this week. Naz might just edge windy a little given he’s had a rest and is playing in his home state.

This game just looks entertaining as s**t for Saints fans (touch wood).

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not having Marshall , Gresham , Paton , Membery , Ross , and Hunter Clark breaking his jaw and a few very iffy decisions sunk us.
Hopefully they make them pay for what they did to us last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back