Review Round 10, 2022: Gold Coast Suns v Box Hill Hawks, 28 May 2022, 3.05pm @ Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

None of our AFL listed players really put their hands up but there are some good signs.

Callow had a great game and would probably be first in line for selection.

O'Hara, Downie, Saunders all did some really nice things. I'm also a fan of Serong although he's low production.

Worried about Worpel. He should be dominating this level.

Callow is winning a fair bit of the ball over the last three games in the VFL which is pleasing.

For a player who isn’t necessarily renowned for his agility, I think his output hasn’t been too bad considering the role that he’s playing.

Round 5: 12 disposals - 6 marks - 11 hit-outs - 1 goal - 2 behinds
Round 8: 17 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles - 5 hit-outs - 1 goal
Round 10: 16 disposals - 7 marks - 4 goals - 1 behind

How did Hollands look? I recall he was an option for us in that draft.
Looked good at times, didn't get a whole heap of it imo.
However his groundball gets and his use in space was very good.
Also spent some time just getting under peoples skin which I liked.

What were Worpels stats today? Looking at the comments he is hardly getting a mention which is concerning.

Worpel had 22 and 2 tackles. 14 handballs and 8 kicks.
At no time did he look above this level. Dunno what is going on but Worp is battling at the moment. Max Hall, in his debut game, looked more dangerous than Worp and had a fantasy footy score of 68 compared to Worp's 51.

I wish we had had a better look at Hall.

Loved Porter's game. Match winning mid V the tigs, this week he locks down on Sexton after he'd kicked a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At no time did he look above this level. Dunno what is going on but Worp is battling at the moment. Max Hall, in his debut game, looked more dangerous than Worp and had a fantasy footy score of 68 compared to Worp's 51.

I wish we had had a better look at Hall.

Loved Porter's game. Match winning mid V the tigs, this week he locks down on Sexton after he'd kicked a few.
Are we keen on Max Hall?

Early doors but is there anyone potentially O'hara plays like ?

Sounds like he might be a decent longer term prospect
Not sure just yet on a comparison, but he’s surprised me at how natural he looks out there.
His skills are very good, and he looks to have picked up the pace of the game quite well which is all you can ask at this early stage.

Match report.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back