Review Round 10, 2022: Gold Coast Suns v Box Hill Hawks, 28 May 2022, 3.05pm @ Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

DBR is our new ruck, but he is struggling to keep up with Moyle and Conway

Worpel wont win his way back to the senior side with this effort so far

i think our best players have been the Box Hill guys, Hall, De Witt, Mascitti, Ed Phillips, Walton, Greene

out of our Hawthorn Players, not many have done much

Hartigan - took a couple intercept marks, more because the ball went to him than winning it
Serong - has had a few touches, but wastes poss
S.Mitchell - has tackled a few times and gotten a few touches, he and Downie hate the contest
Saunders - tries hard and has gone for a couple of runs, his kicking is not very effective though
Callow - has struggled to get involved much, taken a couple marks and handballs well in general, but not a great game so far
Downie - really hates contested footy, can be put off by pressure, had some run and link ups
Worpel - has struggled to get into the game in any real way, has had a few junk poss
O'Hara - learning the game still, has linked up a couple of times

the game is close, no Hawthorn Listed Players putting their hand up which is disappointing, compared to Gold Coast who have a few AFL Listed guys putting their hand up, again Fergus Greene the best player on the field probably.

Could Hall be Ayres looking to contribute to our future success?

Seems to have had a very big impact already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Downie is 20% contested urgency away from being in our top 25 players.
Would love him to get a run in the AFL soon but I think he needs a little more mongrel or needs to find an extra gear- wouldn't mind him going through a Finn-type off-season.

I feel like Downie is 20% contested urgency away from being in our top 25 players.
Would love him to get a run in the AFL soon but I think he needs a little more mongrel or needs to find an extra gear- wouldn't mind him going through a Finn-type off-season.
Nathan Lonie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back