Autopsy Round 10, 2022: Hawks hunt down the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale was absolutely destorying us in the first half (his handballs were lightning), shiels is the ultimate professional, completely removed his effectiveness and was a big reason we won the game

Yeah I was all set to say Shiels did nothing but went back and watched the game - he sacrificed his game to shut down Neale. We forget that Shiels started out as our go to tagger.

Hawthorn v Brisbane​

10 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
8 James Sicily (HAW)
6 Jarryd Lyons (BL)
4 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
2 Daniel Rich (BL)

Hartigan only played the last quarter... Both Sicily and DGB were playing well before he even took the field.

Correct: they had blinders without Hartigan even being in the team/on ground. He just got some late TOG minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hawthorn v Brisbane​

10 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
8 James Sicily (HAW)
6 Jarryd Lyons (BL)
4 Tom Mitchell (HAW)
2 Daniel Rich (BL)

I thought Rich was completely irrelevant…. This surprises me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a chance to watch the game. Glad I didn't watch it live. The rules and the umpiring is cooked. Every now and then some good footy happened but the umpires kept shutting it down.

I thought Rich was completely irrelevant…. This surprises me.

Had a bit of it and about 1000m gained. Was decent enough but felt he burned the ball pretty often.

That’s completely misleading as how many games as he played this year?
Surely you jest? How can stats from this game be misleading or have any bearing on how many games he has played this year.

I actually thought Hartigan was pretty average in the last quarter which was obviously his one and only quarter, one occasion he went for a chest mark in a pack and got spoiled easily and another he should’ve killed the high ball out of bounds but instead deflected it into a lions player who ended up with the ball.
He is only a depth player now.

I actually think Sicily plays his best footy when he’s playing on the oppositions most dangerous forwards, he thrives on a challenge.

Dur
Lewis, Koschitzke and Moore are all having career best seasons despite Hawthorn sitting in the bottom half in the league for inside 50s.

The forward-line is not quite complete yet, but it’s not far off either. We’re just missing two more pieces of the puzzle. Another small forward and a medium forward would bring it all together.

HF: ———?, Koschitzke, Butler

F: Brockman, Lewis, ———?
Isnt Moore the half forward? Other spot could be jeka or callow or perhaps resting ruckman with a mid fwd on the bench. Really hoping jeka makes it his kicking both sides is elite would be a fantastic hit up turn and deliver inside 50’player. Hoping the coaching group can unlock the missing ingredient

AFL should be watching the NBA playoffs to see how players react to umpires, its a non issue players get emotional in the action and then move right on, what the AFL is and has done is create the bizarre world where every individual umpire gets to decide what they find mean, its genuinely destroying the game.

It will get to a violent event soon if it continues, been saying for a while but their needs to be a cap on free's paid. Or a bonus for the least free's paid - tbh just bring in a computer and sack all these peasants from the top down (Doubt that will happen tho)

But around the ground he will be much more competitive than our other options. Kosi take the centre bounces and hartigan around the ground for as much as he can manage.
My major concern with Hartigan in the ruck is that ruck infringements really hurt, and I can see him being a bloke that gives those away.

Have a listen to fagan’s presser, he has the mantle now for grumpiest coach - put the wind up the journos.

He had every right to be grumpy with the deplorable umpiring decisions throughout the game and then the moronic questions he had to answer at the presser!

Has anyone else noticed how bad the journo’s are asking the questions post game in Tassie? It’s like they rolled out all the work experience kids to have a go!

Hartigan would be a terrible option in the ruck. He can barely jump.
Have you seen Nash try and jump in the middle. A mix of Callow or Kosi will probably be the way it will go.

Would be interested to see Jiath would go at it in the middle only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back