Remove this Banner Ad

Glacier

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
close
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Keep the labor politics comments/insinuations out of a Hawthorn thread

In response to those comments, they have actually lost votes since the last "unlosable election" , but the Libs lost more ...that said the coalition still has approx 400K+ more votes, and the win has more to do with preferences

good win Hawks enjoyable game to watch

we need to get better defensively as we concede too many points
Keep it out of the thread then posts about it 🤔

Feb 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think the deal with hartigan being sub was purely due to the fact they had 5 players 200cm plus. Perhaps felt if we lost a small/mid to injury that bringing a tall in may actually be helpful, whereas losing a tall we may not have had the depth to cover it. I am surprised it was Hartigan over Callow if anything considering the ability to play ruck too

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

In response to those comments, they have actually lost votes since the last "unlosable election" , but the Libs lost more ...that said the coalition still has approx 400K+ more votes, and the win has more to do with preferences

You should keep yours out too thanks

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Crying-baby-010.jpg

I tend to agree with your first point...

Your second point is quite bewildering considering your first point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The fact we knocked off a solid Lions outfit (contenders or otherwise) without Scrimmers, Big Boy, Ned, Gunston, and even Ward and McDonald (who would be at least best 25 based on form) is a really nice feeling. Granted they were missing Daniher, McStay, Adams. Feel great about the challenge for spots with the list to come in, going to be some unlucky ones.

We are supposed to be way off it, rebuilding etc, but seriously love how we’re throwing caution to the wind and serving it up, come what may. You can see the confidence building in the young blokes playing instinctive footy like this. “Staid” Damo - you watching mate? 😉
One thing it shows tho is those experienced players in shiels / Howe and even Mitchell back are pretty crucial to the structure and work play their role to a tee, even if some
Of the kids may be better they still don’t have the experience

(MacDonald not in that tho his a wizard)

RX Hawk

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
O'Meara's best game for the season! Did some really nice things.

Was getting a little frustrated at the end, we missed a few easy chances to ice the cake. Got there in the end at least!

Lewis with 4 against the best defender in the league. Don't even think it was his best game. He's going to maul some defences in upcoming years!
Yes mate true about Lewis. But I would prefer him to lead to the ball and play in front more than asking the ball over his head most times. At times non of our forwards were playing forward - a thing that Sam should look at going forward.

RX Hawk

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think the deal with hartigan being sub was purely due to the fact they had 5 players 200cm plus. Perhaps felt if we lost a small/mid to injury that bringing a tall in may actually be helpful, whereas losing a tall we may not have had the depth to cover it. I am surprised it was Hartigan over Callow if anything considering the ability to play ruck too
Is it me or did I see Hartigan as huge now - more muscle and didn't get beaten once. However he has no place in our backline now unless someone is injured. Wild thought but has he ever played in the middle ever? Now that we have him in the list why not try once? (Pls don't take me to cleaners for this)

Lewis, Koschitzke and Moore are all having career best seasons despite Hawthorn sitting in the bottom half in the league for inside 50s.

The forward-line is not quite complete yet, but it’s not far off either. We’re just missing two more pieces of the puzzle. Another small forward and a medium forward would bring it all together.

HF: ———?, Koschitzke, Butler

F: Brockman, Lewis, ———?

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My main points:

CJ’s run and just general impact with his footy brain, ability to contest in the air and his run and carry and elite kicking adds 5 goals a game

Hartigan stays in. Sicily just had his best game of the year because he could play his attacking role due to Hartigan. DGB just had his beat game of the year, seeing a pattern here. Frosty also was able to switch up and down the ground generally terrorising the opposition (and Hawk dabs with nervous moments) but my point is Hartigan structurally is huge for us

Tom Mitchell and Worpell together just doesn’t work. They amplify their weaknesses in actually clearing it effectively and forward from a contest. It’s sad but one or both has to go at the end of the year.

Surprisingly JOM seems to be far more effective with Worpell out too, his ability to impact contests and get the ball forward seemed like the best Jaegar again.

Mitch Lewis is surprising me. He’s turned into a project (hope player) into a real player who looks like a future leader and real star.

Hardwick is very good at shutting down small forwards, but he needs to find a way to be a bit more creative. Impey just not functioning right. At his best he should be charging down the ground and linking up behind defensive contests like Guerra. But unlike Guerra he isn’t showing elite kicking or metres gained like CJ or putting physical pressure on players. Can get there but needs to reinvent himself.

We need two small forwards with a lust for forward pressure like Cyril and Rioli. We don’t have any and it’s a massive hole, which is why teams rebound so easily and score against us from their defense.

Nash and Duke Nukem are beasts, but we need some more mids. I’d trade Mitchell and Worpell and use those picks on some new blood.

I’m loving our direction and Mitchell’s coaching but these are my thoughts at round 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back