Preview Round 10, 2022: Hawks v Lions, UTAS 3.20pm Sunday 22nd May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outs: Gunston, Worpel, Morrison
Ins: CJ, Mitchell, Callow

Callow replaces Gunners, and plays permanent forward rather than ruck (liked Kossie in there).
Mitchell replaces Worpel. Simple move
CJ in, means we need to lose a half back/Wing, so I’d send Morrison back. Dropped off over past few week. Bramble lucky

As noted before, prefer we stick with Butler.
Maguiness was quieter yesterday but prefer we keep preserving

Thought Bramble was good. Had 20 off half back and provided run. Must persist. He's just starting to get fitter.

Haven't seen all of yesterdays game but it's pretty interesting how we've got Bramble, Impey, Day and probably Wingard too all kind of playing themselves into fitness. Is that too many? Maybe.

Thought Bramble was good. Had 20 off half back and provided run. Must persist. He's just starting to get fitter.
Keen to see him pushed up the ground to a wing. We didn’t get enough attacking drive from Morrison/Finn on the wings.

Also with brissies large group of small forwards a good week to give Morris another shot. Match report said scrim hurt his shoulder?

CJ and Mitchell will be back. Gunston definite out. Worpel likely out.

Don’t like a kid getting dropped after debit but butler likely needs some more time at BH.

Is it the week for shiels to get a game? Midfield needs help.

IN: Morris, Long, Mitchell
OUT: Worpel, Gunston, McDonald (rested)

Morris to get some time taking Day's HBF rotations to free him up to get more time in the middle/coming off the wing.

Long to come in and get minutes in our midfield/forward rotation. The kid has been solid at BH. Titch to come in for Worps and attend more CB's.

Saunders/Reeves could also come in- would love a double debut and I think if we're to have more of a chance in this one we need some support for Lynch in the ruck.

VFL Round 8

Howe: 24 disposals - 7 marks - 7 tackles - 4 inside 50s
Shiels: 22 disposals - 7 marks - 4 tackles - 7 inside 50s - 1 goal
Long: 19 disposals - 6 marks - 3 tackles
Callow: 17 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles - 6 hit-outs - 1 goal
Mitchell: 16 disposals - 4 marks - 3 tackles
Downie: 14 disposals - 3 marks - 5 inside 50s
Morris: 13 disposals - 2 marks - 4 tackles - 5 rebound 50s
Saunders: 11 disposals - 2 marks
Hartigan: 10 disposals - 5 marks - 1 goal
Ward: 7 disposals - 1 mark
O’Hara: 5 disposals - 1 mark - 2 tackles
Serong: 4 disposals - 2 marks

I don’t think Morris is capable at AFL level. We have too many mid-size defenders as it is.

Playing Shiels or Howe doesn’t solve our midfield issues. It might be a good time to give Ned Long a game.
I disagree. The games he got previously he was asked to be small fwd and we were horrid. Hes a great size, quick, can kick it a mile and is hard as a cats head. He's not accumulator but is high impact per possession player. Get him in and see what we got. What is to lose.

Managed to watch 2 and a half quarters of Box Hill. I’d have Morris in. Depending on who’s fit (CJ, Reeves, Titch), he may be the only new face.

Keep Butler for another week. CMac for a proper rest (or stay as sub), Worpel and Gunston the obvious omissions.

CMac, Worpel and Gunston for CJ, Titch and Morris.

In Mitchell, McDonald, CJ
Out Worpel, Gunston, Worpel
I would rotate Howe and Shiels as the sub for the rest of the season. If the kids are not in the team they should be playing compete games @ BHH.

I would give Butler another game, move Wingard into the midfield. It’s time that Day and Bramble play in the midfield.

Assuming Jiath plays, I think this is the first time this year that Sicily, Jiath, Scrimshaw, Day, Bramble and Impey have all been selected.

IN: Mitchell, Jiath

OUT: Gunston (injured), Worpel (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frost, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Day, Mitchell, Bramble

HF: MacDonald, Koschitzke, O’Meara

F: Breust, Lewis, Moore

R: Lynch, Newcombe, Wingard

INT: Morrison, Maginness, Butler, Nash, Long (Sub)

We can't keep converting players to the Half-Back Flank, can we? Some of these guys with toe and the ability to find the ball will have to transition further up the ground at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's a dry day and gunners isn't right to go, I don't mind the idea of having Callow as our third tall.
Butler stays, firm believer that debutants should get at minimum two games just to implement what they learn from their first game.

Given Ward has the head injury we won't be seeing him this week.

OUT - Worpel, Gunston
IN - CJ, Mitchell

Day and Bramble to the wing.

Wingard and Finn moves into the midfield rotation.

Hardwick - Frost - Impey
Scrimshaw - DGB - Sicily

Lynch - Mitchell - Wingard
Day - Newcombe - Bramble

Moore - Kosi - JOM
Breust - Lewis - Butler

CJ - Finn - Nash - Morrison

Have to get Finn and Morrison off the wings. They give us nothing.
If the backline and midfield can’t win the ball and get it to the outside, no wing will give us anything. So many times manginess presented only for the defenders to hack it long in hope. Got to put the blame where it belongs.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that Worps needs to find his confidence again in the VFL, late on against the Tigers, when he was put forward; he was able to generate two shots at goal and had a couple of good moments. So I reakon there is a very small chance he may be used in that role for the majority of the game this weekend. I'm not saying I want him to do that, just a thought bubble about what the thinking may be from the coaches

Hopefully CJ and Mitchell are ready to go, and potentially Reeves. Very rough to see Gunners with another injury, mostly because he looked really sharp early on yesterday, hopefully it isn't too bad

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that Worps needs to find his confidence again in the VFL, late on against the Tigers, when he was put forward; he was able to generate two shots at goal and had a couple of good moments. So I reakon there is a very small chance he may be used in that role for the majority of the game this weekend. I'm not saying I want him to do that, just a thought bubble about what the thinking may be from the coaches

Hopefully CJ and Mitchell are ready to go, and potentially Reeves. Very rough to see Gunners with another injury, mostly because he looked really sharp early on yesterday, hopefully it isn't too bad
I felt like that was the only spot we could hide him. I sensed that we didn't want him near the midfield at that point in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back