Preview Round 10, 2022: Hawks v Lions, UTAS 3.20pm Sunday 22nd May

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that Worps needs to find his confidence again in the VFL, late on against the Tigers, when he was put forward; he was able to generate two shots at goal and had a couple of good moments. So I reakon there is a very small chance he may be used in that role for the majority of the game this weekend. I'm not saying I want him to do that, just a thought bubble about what the thinking may be from the coaches

Hopefully CJ and Mitchell are ready to go, and potentially Reeves. Very rough to see Gunners with another injury, mostly because he looked really sharp early on yesterday, hopefully it isn't too bad
The fact Gunner was able to run on it albeit hampered for a little bit would suggest there's no ligament damage perhaps badly sprained at worst. 1-2 weeks would be my guess. Give him a rest so he is ready for the 2nd half of the year. Be nice if he could catch a break regarding injury.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I felt like that was the only spot we could hide him. I sensed that we didn't want him near the midfield at that point in the game.
Butler and Worpel were the only ones under 70% game time. Had the feeling of the 80's and 90's where you minimise the game time of your worst 2 players

RX Hawk

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Given Ward has the head injury we won't be seeing him this week.

OUT - Worpel, Gunston
IN - CJ, Mitchell

Day and Bramble to the wing.

Wingard and Finn moves into the midfield rotation.

Hardwick - Frost - Impey
Scrimshaw - DGB - Sicily

Lynch - Mitchell - Wingard
Day - Newcombe - Bramble

Moore - Kosi - JOM
Breust - Lewis - Butler

CJ - Finn - Nash - Morrison
Will be good if we could get Callow into this team if Gunston is not in.

Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Play MacDonald midfield now Ward won’t be back, Finn to tag Neale, Wingard to play more mid, Bramble wing (not a defender) and maybe Long for Gunston if he isn’t fit. Hopefully Downie not too many weeks away he looked noticeably bigger and not pushed off the ball as much and we need his kicking ability

hawkguru

All Australian
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In: Long/Callow Mitchell C.J Macdonald
Out: Gunston Worpel Morrison Butler (medi-sub)

You could make a case for Callow replacing Gunston or Long as the extra mid.

Would like to see Wingard, Macdonald and even Moore to rotate in the midfield. They have the class and speed which we sorely lack.

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't think a forward line of Lewis, Kosi and Callow will ever work. None are a third tall hitting up the wings like Gunston. Unlucky for Jeka, as he would be the one that would have got a few weeks with Gunston missing.

We went in tall against the bombers and the ball just rebounded out far too easy. Hind looked like Andrew McLeod ffs.

In: CJ, Mitchell, Macdonald

Out: Gunston, Worpel and Morrison

I wouldn't be shocked if Newcombe is rested this week also, with Long given a chance.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Throw those magnets around

B. Hardwick Frost DGB
HB. Scrimshaw Sicily Jiath
C. Moore Newcombe Bramble
HF. Butler Kosi O'Meara
F. Breust Lewis Impey

Foll: Lynch Day Wingard
IC: Mitchell Morris Morrison Nash

In: Mitchell, Jiath, Morris
Out: Macdonald, Worpel, Gunston, Sub: Maginness

I don't think a forward line of Lewis, Kosi and Callow will ever work. None are a third tall hitting up the wings like Gunston. Unlucky for Jeka, as he would be the one that would have got a few weeks with Gunston missing.

We went in tall against the bombers and the ball just rebounded out far too easy. Hind looked like Andrew McLeod ffs.

In: CJ, Mitchell, Macdonald

Out: Gunston, Worpel and Morrison

I wouldn't be shocked if Newcombe is rested this week also, with Long given a chance.
Morrison out? Wasn't his greatest game on Sat, but been in our top half dozen most consistent all year.

If Worps gets as many chances as he's had, Morrison has plenty in the bank....

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Morrison out? Wasn't his greatest game on Sat, but been in our top half dozen most consistent all year.

If Worps gets as many chances as he's had, Morrison has plenty in the bank....

He started the year really well, but I think he's tapered off the past month imo. He's kicking has let him down lately and he seems to slow the play down often when the ball is in his hands. I feel he was going quicker earlier in the year.

I just think the reality for Harry as an AFL footballer is he's depth for the better teams, and he's got a limited ceiling for rebuilding lists like ours. A few below par games generally finds these players out of the 22.

Wingnut19

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He started the year really well, but I think he's tapered off the past month imo. He's kicking has let him down lately and he seems to slow the play down often when the ball is in his hands. I feel he was going quicker earlier in the year.

I just think the reality for Harry as an AFL footballer is he's depth for the better teams, and he's got a limited ceiling for rebuilding lists like ours. A few below par games generally finds these players out of the 22.
My biggest gripe with Harry is what he does when he doesn't have the ball. He cant stick tackles and runs in quick sand. Im fine with him playing atm but we would want to move on pretty quickly and try Morris etc cos I think we have seen what Morrison offers. He is a neat player but doesn'T have much upside IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back