Preview Round 10, 2022: Hawks v Lions, UTAS 3.20pm Sunday 22nd May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly surprised on Finn, although he has been omitted multiple times already this season. Was down against Richmond but has been solid otherwise.

Morris doesn’t appear close - can’t even make the extended squad.

Assume Nash, DGB, butler and shiels is the bench. Maybe long the sub? Although a crap way to debut. No game
Morris got injured at training might have been really close really feel for the guy hasnt had a decent run at it

Hopefully it’s DGB, Nash, Butler and Callow with Howe or Shiels sub. Maybe Hartigan on the extended bench means Frost or Denver have a niggle.

Great have CJ back and Day potentially spending more time in the midfield.

Surprised Finn got axed. Quiet but not terrible last week. Axe had to fall on Worpel. Hopefully he comes back bigger and better.

Wouldn't be surprised Hartigan plays over Callow and as a forward. Been playing up there at BH providing a presence. He would be much better as the backup ruckman too. Bigger body won't get pushed around as easily. Centre bounce would be an issue though.

God I hope not.

Wouldn't be surprised Hartigan plays over Callow and as a forward. Been playing up there at BH providing a presence. He would be much better as the backup ruckman too. Bigger body won't get pushed around as easily. Centre bounce would be an issue though.

Would be an absolutely baffling call from Mitchell if he does that.

Would be an absolutely baffling call from Mitchell if he does that.
He's in the squad for a reason. Could very well just be the likely scenario DGB or Frost are in doubt and he is next in line. Who replaces Gunston?. There's no direct swap so are we going smaller or is it Hartigan to play that role?.

Not stoked on the Finn omission. Thought he was just starting to look like he belonged a bit.

I doubt Long debuts since it hasn't been announced yet.

Hopefully Butler is retained for another run.

Like the rest of the side.
There's a good chance Long's announcement is made some time tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your carrying on like the guy is an absolute spud. He did actually have some good games last year or have people forgotten that. I'm prepared to see what this year brings for him before discarding him like leftovers.
Pretty big difference between playing Hartigan as a defender where he is serviceable and playing him in the forward line and a ruck.

Shame no Box Hill game this week. Surely it means Worpel out for at least two weeks. You are not really dropped unless you play VFL.
Not playing this week means he's dropped.

People have the wrong idea if they think being omitted has to be some sort of punishment where you need to show up at Box Hill or otherwise it's fruitless.

The coaches will be doing all that they can to help him turn his form around, not banishing him for a set number of weeks in order to pay his penance.

He's in the squad for a reason. Could very well just be the likely scenario DGB or Frost are in doubt and he is next in line. Who replaces Gunston?. There's no direct swap so are we going smaller or is it Hartigan to play that role?.

Callow can come in. Or, we are just going smaller.

A rebuilding team playing an aging average full back in the forward line, after he played two games there for the ressies, would be baffling. Especially when Callow and Long have been named in the extended squad.

There is zero long term vision in doing that. I just can't see Mitchell making that move.

Not playing this week means he's dropped.

People have the wrong idea if they think being omitted has to be some sort of punishment where you need to show up at Box Hill or otherwise it's fruitless.

The coaches will be doing all that they can to help him turn his form around, not banishing him for a set number of weeks in order to pay his penance.
Because Box Hill aren’t playing, I really hope they give Worpel 40 lashes or a public stoning. It’s only fair for us supporters

Because Box Hill aren’t playing, I really hope they give Worpel 40 lashes or a public stoning. It’s only fair for us supporters
I reckon some supporters are actually waiting for this.

There’s just no way that Hartigan is a better option as a forward or ruck than Callow. Surely picking a 19 year old over a player who’s 30 and on the decline a no brainer?

Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

Pretty big difference between playing Hartigan as a defender where he is serviceable and playing him in the forward line and a ruck.
I never said they were going to just that I wouldn't be surprised. He's playing forward at BH to give guys like Blanck a chance to develop their games I would suggest and because Jeka and Callow have been unavailable. All I'll say is the club hasn't ruled him out from being a part of the seniors again. Still has a little bit to offer whether some posters agree with it or not.

Hopefully it’s DGB, Nash, Butler and Callow with Howe or Shiels sub. Maybe Hartigan on the extended bench means Frost or Denver have a niggle.

Great have CJ back and Day potentially spending more time in the midfield.

Surprised Finn got axed. Quiet but not terrible last week. Axe had to fall on Worpel. Hopefully he comes back bigger and better.

Frost looked sore at various stages last week and had strapping on his knee. Did he train freely? Maybe that’s the reason for hartigan. DGB to the bench is interesting - SM comment about a kick smothered in open play perhaps?

Don't get me started on the demise if Sizzlers 😭

I am still hurting from when they closed the Traralgon all you could eat Pizza But 😔
Pretty sure Sizzler still exists in QLD somewhere. Or at least it did.

Loved that place as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back