Review Round 10, 2022 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been thinking we're still trying to gel as a defensive unit with Adams/Andrews/Gardiner, but it turns out we were gelled up like Hawkins arms...
Him being out exposes the lack of form our other defenders are on. Even starc was down today :(

Blame the umpires all you want (warranted) but we didn't help ourselves at all. But let me indulge myself a bit...

WHAT THE * WAS THAT.

I don't care if we got some shitty calls too. But man some of those calls were just annoying. And the non calls!

anyway we move on

Prior was super good. I liked Fullarton too

Payne popped up here and there.

Rayner also going nicely. He does the hard work getting clear of the congestion with his strength, but either is still in pressure or rushes his kick so isn't making best use of his opportunities. Sometimes i'd rather he go for the barrel like he did the other week to at least make it a chaos ball and gain the distance.

votes to Rayner Prior Fullarton Neale and Berry for that lovely rundown tackle

Lets hope McCluggage isn't too injured.. Dev gets a call up though I guess? silver linings.

Awful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Very keen for Adams and McStay to come back - hope McCluggage is okay!

If the Hawks kick a tiny more inaccurate and the umpires are not from the C tier division, we win that game every time.

There is no need to overreact to this one. We aren't going to have a perfect season, these games happen and we learn from them.

Still 8-2 and still 2nd.

Encouraging signs from Payne, Prior and Fullarton although they all faded a little bit. Biggest positive was the form of Rayner who is starting to look like a bullocking inside player in short spurts.

Outside of that I have very few positives. Bailey was particularly poor today, Charlie very selfish at times and our backline/general defense...putrid. Made a very average forward line look like world beaters.

Likely

Out: Payne
in: Adams

Hopefully

out: Payne, Gardiner, Answerth, Bailey
in: Adams, Lester, Robertson, Cockatoo

Ah Chee to play down back

If Clug is unfit maybe Answerth gets a reprieve or play Robbo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Hawks kick a tiny more inaccurate and the umpires are not from the C tier division, we win that game every time.
Nah. They genuinely beat us across long enough of the game to deserve that win in my opinion. We only played well in patches and went to sleep for the rest of it.

A loss that reaffirms all our weaknesses and it starts in the middle. Such a disappointing game to watch. What a s**t start to the week.

the two whipping boys, Fullarton and Payne both played well. Not the stats ever tell the true story, but both of these guys stats are good, Payne had many contested possession today.
Great to see Prior who had a really good game also, as he was copping it last week from some posters.

Hawthorne obviously have match ups and a game style that gives us a little difficulty, and have beat us the last 3 years.

Geez our defense just looked terrible tonight. Andrews' confidence looked shot and didn't want to take an intercept mark. Starc had a rare poor game. Free players everywhere. Bailey also had a shocker. They'll all bounce back but geez we were off.

Positives were Prior, Fullarton and Paine showing we have some depth. Rayner is looking better and better each week and Berry looked more confident then he has been.

Had a heap of away games lately (4 in 5) and thought something like this might be coming. Hawthorn played really well. I thought we should have made more of an effort to slow it down though, they ran out of their skins.

I rarely mention commentators but Nathan Brown really doesn't like us.

Back