Game Day Round 10, Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Sat 28th May, 7.10pm, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

How the mother******* ******ed utensil-sucking thing is a bump of the ball intentional. That is some of the stupidest umpiring I've seen.

Never seen you so fired up!

What's the saying "It's the loss we had to have".

The media have been pumping up our tyres like we were unbeatable but we all know we're an improving work in progress.

I hate bagging our players but Palmer was just really poor and seemed to lose all confidence in the spate of a game. It was a worrying performance given it was the first real big game with a hostile crowd.

Based on that performance he goes but that said he was pretty good prior. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe either. Patfull made some dreadful blues and a couple of in form guys Wilson and Stevie J unsighted.

Time to re-stock and realise just because the AFL media have an agenda to turn us into Godzilla we are still a fair way off and have to give 4 quarter effort to get the chocolates.

Great last quarter by your blokes. They showed a lot of courage and fortitude to get back into the game after 46 points down and the third break. We altered our game plan to accommodate your style--1st time we've seen this from our new coach.
Good luck for the rest of the season and see you in the finals.

Never seen you so fired up!

What's the saying "It's the loss we had to have".

The media have been pumping up our tyres like we were unbeatable but we all know we're an improving work in progress.

I hate bagging our players but Palmer was just really poor and seemed to lose all confidence in the spate of a game. It was a worrying performance given it was the first real big game with a hostile crowd.

Based on that performance he goes but that said he was pretty good prior. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe either. Patfull made some dreadful blues and a couple of in form guys Wilson and Stevie J unsighted.

Time to re-stock and realise just because the AFL media have an agenda to turn us into Godzilla we are still a fair way off and have to give 4 quarter effort to get the chocolates.
Palmer was putrid.

If you're going to rock the long sleeves, you better stand out - in a good way.

pathetic display yesterday by the Giants.... boys harden up
We should be kicking skulls!

tumblr_lbcdb92Boh1qe8q3ao1_400.png~c200

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could have posted during the game but thought better of it as I would have ripped into some of the players, although justified by some performances:
Negatives from the game:
Palmer could be on shaky ground for next week and for a new contract after that performance
Greene (Fave of mine) showed his good and bad with the free reversal and some poor options, 3 goals and i have faith in him to bounce back
Not sure what happened around the clearances, lack of defensive effort?
Contested stat doesn't look as bad after the final quarter effort but still telling along with the tackle count and would be interested in the 1%ers from the defenders. As several posters stated in the preview Key defenders missing was telling.
I think opposition teams will watch this game closely to see how the Crows won and it should have been a greater margin
Positive:
Not much except the final quarter and some players stood up, especially Lobb
Good scoring accuracy
Plenty to work on during the week and hoping Carlton (Lite GWS;)) can at least put up a contest and the 6 day break will work in our favour

We should do a Bulldogs supporters and crap on about the players we were missing and that the win doesn't count for the crows
We're much better than that.

We played our best available and Crows outplayed us plain and simple.

The big take away from that is that we still need more experience in front of big hostile crowds before we can start talking about winning finals.

I was happy to see us having a proper dig back in the fourth. All signs were pointing towards the Crows pulling away with the score after they had a 6 goal lead and killing our percentage.
That was the pleasing thing.

Years gone by that would've been an 80 point hammering, to fight back the way we did, it gives us something to work on.

I just wish we weren't playing Geelong next week.

I could have posted during the game but thought better of it as I would have ripped into some of the players, although justified by some performances:
Negatives from the game:
Palmer could be on shaky ground for next week and for a new contract after that performance
Greene (Fave of mine) showed his good and bad with the free reversal and some poor options, 3 goals and i have faith in him to bounce back
Not sure what happened around the clearances, lack of defensive effort?
Contested stat doesn't look as bad after the final quarter effort but still telling along with the tackle count and would be interested in the 1%ers from the defenders. As several posters stated in the preview Key defenders missing was telling.
I think opposition teams will watch this game closely to see how the Crows won and it should have been a greater margin
Positive:
Not much except the final quarter and some players stood up, especially Lobb
Good scoring accuracy
Plenty to work on during the week and hoping Carlton (Lite GWS;)) can at least put up a contest and the 6 day break will work in our favour
Carlton put up more than a contest. Cats gettable at the moment.

LEON Cameron says Fox Footy crossed the line by showing his personal coaching notes during Saturday night’s AFL broadcast.

The station has agreed not to show Cameron’s coaches notes again as part of an understanding on the intellectual property of AFL teams.

The messages printed in very bold type were clear for viewers to see when the remotely controlled camera in the coaches box was pointed towards them.

They read: “Mistakes will happen, Stay focused be calm, Give clear messages and Love the battle”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...h/news-story/c25e44cc20b6c8619462b32575f3f00d

Remove this Banner Ad

Back