AFLW Round 10, AFLW Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 28 October

6.10pm AEDT: Carlton v W. Bulldogs, Ikon Park (7mate: Melb, Syd, Bris, Adel, Perth)

7.10pm AEST: Brisbane v Collingwood, Metricon Stadium (7mate: Melb, Bris)

Saturday, 29 October

1.10pm AEDT: Melbourne v West Coast, Casey Fields (7two: Perth)

3.10pm AEDT: St Kilda v Adelaide, RSEA Park (7two: Adel)

5.10pm AEDT: Geelong v Sydney, GMHBA Stadium (7flix: Syd)

4.10pm AWST: Fremantle v Hawthorn, Fremantle Oval (7two: Perth)

Sunday, 30 October

12.40pm ACDT: Port Adelaide v Essendon, Alberton Oval (7mate: Melb, Adel)

3.10pm AEDT: North Melb. v Richmond, Arden Street Oval (7mate: Melb, Syd, Bris, Adel, Perth)

5.10pm AEDT: GWS Giants v Gold Coast, Henson Park (7mate: Syd, Bris)

Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Percentage is going to be huge.
Does anybody know what happens if two teams finish on the exact same percentage? Extremely unlikely scenario, for sure, but if the Suns win by 30 they'll be on 100% as will the Dogs if they lose by 26. Less likely 100% finishes are the Cats losing to the Swans by 87 or the Roos losing to the Tigers by 153.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ash Brazil Collingwood to miss the rest of the season due to a groin injury. See her back in AFLW 2023 hopeing in jan/feb but could go back to the netball and Ruby has a hip tightness and will miss Collingwood brisbanes match as well.

Does anybody know what happens if two teams finish on the exact same percentage? Extremely unlikely scenario, for sure, but if the Suns win by 30 they'll be on 100% as will the Dogs if they lose by 26.
It is then decided by the H2H record between the two teams during the season. But, of course, they haven't played each other this season (and in fact the only time they've met was last season... which was a draw!).

So if they finish on the same %, "the position of the Clubs shall be adjusted by lot conducted and drawn by the Executive General Manager Football".

I'm tipping:
WB by 12
BL by 30
Melb by 50
Adel by 18
Geel by 24
Frem by 3
Ess by 1
NM by 9
GC by 6

I'm hoping Melbourne win by like 60 points more than what Brisbane manages, to allow for what I think would be the best first week finals match-ups out of the remaining possibilities (Melb-NM as the 1v4, BL-Adel for 2v3, Geel-WB for 5v8, Rich-Coll for 6v7).

Once again Port seem to have the biggest coin toss game of the round. If they get over the line this time, it should mean Fremantle will finish in a mild 10th spot despite injuries, some terrible performances and a difficult draw (that said, I'm only cautiously backing them).

On the subject of retirements from bottom 10 teams, I'll be surprised if Elise O'Dea isn't pushed out the door. Incredibly, however, it's plausible she has another year on her contract because Phoebe McWilliams definitely does. Wouldn't bet on Tanya Hetherington or Brid Stack returning for GWS. And although Nat Exon turns only 30 in December, her run with injuries probably means the end is nigh.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im tipping:

dogs by 10 points
brisbane by 21 points
melbourne by 26 points
crows by 8 points
geelong by 15 points
freo by 7 points
power by 5 points
north by 12 points
gws by 2 points

petits

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2022
AFL Club
GWS
Kara Antonio farewell game this week

No doubt we’ll hear of more as the week progresses

I think Phillips and Staunton could be ones hanging up the boots
Staunton doesn't want to decide in advance, which is a bit of a shame... I would consider cancelling my whole weekend if it meant going to her last game and getting her signature on my hat finally

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tipping a dirty night for the Blues tomorrow night v dogs.

Its at the blues home ground too but the dogs to be all over them and win by 23 points
Dirty for the blues

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It is then decided by the H2H record between the two teams during the season. But, of course, they haven't played each other this season (and in fact the only time they've met was last season... which was a draw!).

So if they finish on the same %, "the position of the Clubs shall be adjusted by lot conducted and drawn by the Executive General Manager Football".
I almost hope this happens just to force the AFL to start planning for a 17 round season. anyway, I think the only way to do it in this extremely fringe scenario would be to weight each club's wins and losses based on their opponents' final position, to compensate for unfairness in the fixture.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tipping a dirty night for the Blues tomorrow night v dogs.

Its at the blues home ground too but the dogs to be all over them and win by 23 points
Dirty for the blues
The ins and outs seem to favour Carlton though - Gab Pound in for the Blues and Wilcox/McLeod out for the Bulldogs. You'd expect more desperation from the Bulldogs for obvious reasons but Carlton could be just as fired up to finish their season on a positive note on their home turf. If Carlton do happen to win then that will mean 8th position will be decided on the final day of the season in both the AFL & AFLW this year.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Wilcox out due to her exams sucks as she's been so impressive this season despite only being 17. You can guarantee that clubs are going to throw big contracts at her.

Wasn't sure if Ellie Blackburn was going to make my AA team this time, so that decisive performance is appreciated.

Probably won't make the real (less important) thing though because she ended up 1 touch short of averaging 20 disposals per game, so obviously she's nowhere near as good as Olivia Purcell...

I know it seems unlikely, but if Collingwood lose by a big margin could it be enough to drop below the Dogs?

They have currently dropped by 8% and it's only quarter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back