Discussion Round 10 and 11, 2022 (Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

TheDoctor11

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers
ROUND 10

Friday, May 20

Carlton v Sydney (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, May 21
Geelong v Port Adelaide (GMHBA)
Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast (MARS)
North Melbourne v Melbourne (MRVL) (T)
Adelaide v St Kilda (AO) (N)
Richmond v Essendon (MCG) (N)

Sunday, May 22
Greater Western Sydney v West Coast (GS)
Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions (UTAS)
Fremantle v Collingwood (OS) (T)

----------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 11

Friday, May 27

Sydney v Richmond (SCG) (N)

Saturday, May 28
Geelong v Adelaide (GMHBA)
Brisbane Lions v Greater Western Sydney (G)
Melbourne v Fremantle (MCG) (T)
West Coast v Western Bulldogs (PS) (N)
Gold Coast v Hawthorn (TIO) (N)

Sunday, May 29
St Kilda v North Melbourne (MRVL)
Collingwood v Carlton (MCG)
Port Adelaide v Essendon (AO) (T)

Is Essendon just an arrogant club that doesn’t even want to be seen as ‘losing’ in wearing a clash guernsey when it is so obviously needed? This jumper isn’t about Essendon and their silly ego, it’s about honouring our aboriginal heritage. They have worn red based indigenous guernsey’s in the past, they know that they are the away team, what did they think it was going to look like?

Is Essendon just an arrogant club that doesn’t even want to be seen as ‘losing’ in wearing a clash guernsey when it is so obviously needed? This jumper isn’t about Essendon and their silly ego, it’s about honouring our aboriginal heritage. They have worn red based indigenous guernsey’s in the past, they know that they are the away team, what did they think it was going to look like?
It happened last year against the pies on anzac day aswell right

But the constitution!!!!

Essendons jumpers seem to be a lower quality then ours, have ripped and stretched more it the push and shove

Max king has the wrong socks on, his are the black base

Idea for Dreamtime at the G in future years: Essendon always wear a red based jumper, Richmond always wear a yellow base jumper. Do that and just alternate the shorts every year and your good.
I've been posting the same thing for years, but these jumpers from an exhibition game a few years back would be a great starting point.

FMB-article.jpg

Extremely heartened to see royal blue shorts in a home game, but I wish Melbourne had worn red shorts instead of white. Either way works, but red would've gone better with their red-base jumper, and it would've looked less like a fitzroy strip.

I don't really get why Brisbane didn't go with the gold numbers with white outline like the original jumper had. Particularly when they already use them for their home and away jumpers.

Edit: I just noticed the white numbers have a thin gold outline. An even stranger option.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like there could be another semi-clash for Freo and Coll, seems kinda pointless as well considering Collingwood’s indigenous jumper looks identical to their typical home from afar

Looks like there could be another semi-clash for Freo and Coll, seems kinda pointless as well considering Collingwood’s indigenous jumper looks identical to their typical home from afar
Contrast aside, bit of a poor effort by Collingwood in this round.
Not the art on the jumper itself- but I think its clear that the artist was briefed to not take over the whole look of the jumper and to not detract from the Collingwood look.
Which every other club has encouraged with their jumpers.
Its like the artist was handed the smallest canvas to work with by the Club.

I don't really get why Brisbane didn't go with the gold numbers with white outline like the original jumper had. Particularly when they already use them for their home and away jumpers.

Edit: I just noticed the white numbers have a thin gold outline. An even stranger option.
probably to match the cuffs and collar. I reckon it looked good

I think it was Jack Crisp post game said Collingwood would wear the indigenous jumper three times, against Fremantle, next week (Carlton) and NAIDOC Week (which is against North Melbourne).

Yeah normally I'd agree if this was the Star Atheltic/ISC days but I think our white stripes are so wide with Nike now that it's able to create enough of a colour block to differentiate from darker jumpers. I think it also worked well that Freo's design was a bit more subtle.

Also random fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the first time we've worn white shorts with a home jumper sponsor since the 2018 GF? Albeit an Indigenous jumper but still a rare occurrence.

Also random fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the first time we've worn white shorts with a home jumper sponsor since the 2018 GF? Albeit an Indigenous jumper but still a rare occurrence.
Last time I think they did that was against the Bulldogs at Docklands in either 2019 or 2020

we also did with an indigenous jumper in Adelaide last year

Contrast aside, bit of a poor effort by Collingwood in this round.
Not the art on the jumper itself- but I think its clear that the artist was briefed to not take over the whole look of the jumper and to not detract from the Collingwood look.
Which every other club has encouraged with their jumpers.
Its like the artist was handed the smallest canvas to work with by the Club.

Yeah it's a shame that Collingwood's guernsey is probably the least imaginative in the comp this year. Definitely no fault of the designer. Give them some more freedom and don't box them into a template! Our 2019 Indigenous jumper is my favourite because it looks the least like a normal Collingwood kit.

Collingwood-Indig-2019.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back