Discussion Round 10 and Round 11, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (Indigenous Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood celebrating 20 years with Emirates by showing off a few retro kits ;)
These all look PI fit to me? Wonder if that 2010 GF is just some replica or a backup guernsey.

View attachment 682138

Who's the player wearing it? Might be their own jumper from the match (or a teammate who was a similar size)

Who's the player wearing it? Might be their own jumper from the match (or a teammate who was a similar size)
That would be Taylor Adams who debuted for GWS in 2012, so I don't think it's him :p

Round 11, 2019 - Photos and Discussion
ROUND 11

Friday, May 31
North Melbourne v Richmond (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, June 1
Collingwood v Fremantle (MCG)
Greater Western Sydney v Gold Coast (GIA)
Geelong v Sydney (GMHBA) (T)
Brisbane Lions v Hawthorn (G) (N)
Melbourne v Adelaide (TIO) (N)

Sunday, June 2
St Kilda v Port Adelaide (China)
Essendon v Carlton (MCG)
West Coast v Western Bulldogs (OS) (T)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

St Kilda wearing a special version of the home jumper this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this have a white back? Won't there be a fairly significant clash, or am I missing something?

Technically it's St Kilda's home game, so it'd be on Port Adelaide to solve the clash. But I'd doubt Port would want to wear their clash jumper given the China game is their baby

Technically it's St Kilda's home game, so it'd be on Port Adelaide to solve the clash. But I'd doubt Port would want to wear their clash jumper given the China game is their baby
If they couldn't force Gold Coast out of their home jumper for a home game they better not be allowed to wear their home jumper in a "clash" game. But ya never know with the AFL!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ergh this game will be a dog’s breakfast. Both teams in majority black, Saints have a white panel and the front, we have one on the back and both back sponsors are in a big white box too. Yuck.

I’m sure it’s the primary reason we’re wearing our indigenous guernsey over our regular one, there’s a bit more teal, but it’s not really enough to provide a decent contrast. We should’ve done more to differentiate it.

Ergh this game will be a dog’s breakfast. Both teams in majority black, Saints have a white panel and the front, we have one on the back and both back sponsors are in a big white box too. Yuck.

I’m sure it’s the primary reason we’re wearing our indigenous guernsey over our regular one, there’s a bit more teal, but it’s not really enough to provide a decent contrast. We should’ve done more to differentiate it.
Playing Hawthorn then St Kilda a teal or white base woulda worked fine in both matches.
Futher example of the AFL not thinking things through.

Don’t think the having Sir Doug Nicholls round over 2 weeks has worked.

Have it the one week and let the 9 away teams wear their jumper in a home fixture they want too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back