Discussion Round 10 and Round 11, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (Indigenous Round)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caloschwaby

The One and Only
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Sneaky subtle prison bars across the bottom <3
I'm not really sure that's what it's supposed to represent at all
In the context of the article and SPP's explanation, I think it's a reasonable conclusion to draw:
'The strong-bodied midfielder then discussed the meaning behind the bottom part of the guernsey, and the impact the members and fans have on the entire football club. “We have the steps and the journey of all our members and fans,” he said.'
I'm also sure he had the best of intentions and wasn't depicting steps &/or directional arrows downward!;)

Rickee

Senior List
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chuckie357

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saw a video somewhere of Powell-pepper with ports guernsey on, did he have the guernsey on or was it a hoodie with the same design?

akkaps

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
Moderator #88
With the Essendon jumper, it is actually the home/black jumper with aboriginal patterns that is being own, not the clash/red jumper. Let me explain:
1. There is not black outline/gradient around the sash,
2. The trampstamp sits on the black part of the jumper, thinking the designers gave space for the trampstamp and it wasn't an afterthought,
3. There are shades of red on the jumper, where as there are no shades of black, and are more defined around the red rather than black,
4. Black ring around the AFL logo.
Therefore, this will be the first time Essendon and Richmond will be wearing black v black in sometime.

This makes me want to look at other one-off jumpers around the league to see if we haven't picked up on this.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Top Bottom