Discussion Round 10 and Round 11, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (Indigenous Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Devils advocate for a moment.

WCE, and the AFL, would have known prior to this week that there would be a potential clash given the match-up vs Adelaide.

So why wasn't a Peril - themed design considered or designed as a back-up?
Probably because they told the AFL that it would be based on the royal wings, which is deemed to not clash with navy.

Is it just me or is the sock colour off compared to the guernsey?

677473.jpg

Should've just designed an indigenous peril jumper and worn it at home next week and today, similar to St Kilda wearing a white based one for their home games. Opportunity missed.
Agree with this, considering that they host the Bulldogs next week.

Lack of oversight from the AFL in terms of what colour each team should have worm over the two week block. Solutions (1) someone should have gone through all games a determined what would have been the best colour for both rounds (2) have a home and clash version of each design (eg Freo), (3) only have indigenous round for one week, therefore only focusing on what would clash in the one week.

Goal umpires wearing the black training/bench jackets as they only have bright green on-field jackets, not the forest green needed.
More amatuer hour by the AFL re umpire uniforms this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A navy front with a slight gradient at the bottom, a white back and white shorts... this is the weirdest Geelong jumper I've ever seen!

I don't think there is a long sleeve version of the Essendon indigenous guernsey. Could Saad be wearing a long sleeve home jumper underneath?

We wore a peril guernsey at home in this one by choice
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-11/crows-bully-tired-eagles

But yeah it’s the first time we have worn this peril clash against the Crows .

For non-Eagles fans, that's the special 30th year one, it was worn to celebrate our anniversary more than to prevent any particular clash against the Crows. We've only had a full-time yellow clash since the 2017 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back