Autopsy Round 10 - Autopsy vs Narrm - The Good, The Bad & The Oliver

Masterful tagging job by Huge Greenwood - Oliver finishes with 43 touches, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 13 clearances and 605 metres gained.

Thought we were really good for two and a half quarters. Ran out of gas in the tank in the last.

Don't really know what Jy is doing this year. Ditto TT although at least he has the internal bruising to blame.

The game plan is starting to become clearer and clearer. Week by week we get better at doing the little things for longer. Ultimately it's a loss but it's probably by less than we would have thought it would be.

We need Massimo

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our defence really stood up today and that’s with buckets out. Very proud of our effort today against a top team. You could see in the first quarter we really wanted to compete.

If fans see some effort it makes it much more enjoyable to watch (of course). Then we can actually see what we are capable of.

Elina should be fired immediately. Disgraceful

Can we keep this up? Get some momentum.

I said before the game that <50 would be a stellar result.

So I'll take it. And I liked what we showed at times.

But it's just sad how badly we capitulated at the end.

Still proud of how the boys took it to the premiers early.

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Little steps forward, but let ourselves down with that last quarter.

Couldn’t question the intent in the first half, but really really poor with our foot skills. Butchered a lot of great chances. That and we were reamed by the umps.

Fitness + Skills, main issues coming out of that. Please lord, recruit some defenders that can kick the footy. Ain’t going anywhere with Turner, Walker, Hayden etc kicking out of the back half.

I’d like to see that effort from the first half be replicated before I pass it off as a positive. Onto next week I guess.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well the umpiring was absolutely ****ed.

Positives

Corr got pineappled and still defended well. He is a capable KPD and his opponents goals were absolute gifts.

Pressure around the footy makes it easier for the defenders to set up. Unfortunately ran out of puff.

LDU is our best player and will be one of the games elite in the next year or so.

Xerri competed really well in the ruck, likewise goldy.

Negatives
Not fit enough, but expected. Jed Anderson literally kicking himself out of a contract. Missed a 10m kick into the forward 50 by 10m, not sure Pythagoras could get one that wide of the target. X's concrete hands, and ability to get a possession

Finally, this is before some nuffy gets on here and says larkey should be dropped. He is an absolute workhorse. Consistently manhandled, double teamed, kicks high of him, short of him, wide of him, still butters up and goes again and again and again.

Oh to have a Bailey dale or Shannon hurn bringing it out the backline.

Last edited:
We really have to avoid these 10m kicks in the backline. Always seems to create unneeded pressure that leads to a turnover.

Duck the GOAT

Senior List
Apr 5, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We looked half decent when our first thought was not to simply run and gun. Few promising passages where we built up play slowly with short kicking.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nick Larkey is a ******* buddhist monk the way he restrains himself. If I had to deal with what he does I'd be banned for umpire contact.

flojo

All Australian
Jul 28, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was kinda daydreaming for a contested game between the old bull cunners against "Clarry", aint no way he snatching it out of cunners vice. hopefully one day soon.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
75 inside 50s.
Kudos for the effort but we were again totally outplayed, margin flattered us.
Umps were horrific.
Bailey Scott good. Corr lifted. Young was solid today. LDU showing some leadership. Perez solid, Powell is classy.
Why not try HAyden on Oliver? Oliver was making Greenwood look stupid and Hayden was playing on McDonald. Try something.
Jy, Jed and Luke are liabilities if they keep kicking it like that. Jy and Luke really disappointing.
CCJ would have offered more than Xerri.
If Comben is alive he must play soon, we need a second mobile tall forward.
Thomas is giving us little and Jack is cooked.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Nick Larkey is a ******* buddhist monk the way he restrains himself. If I had to deal with what he does I'd be banned for umpire contact.
Quite amazing that at one end he could be belted from pillar to post. At other end Gawn cops a touch from man mountain Kayne Turner and its a free. McDonald gets light hand on side from Corr, free.
Almost like umps had a predetermined outcome.

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bailey Scott in our top 5 BNF most likely- need I say more?

Shame we conceded the behind late, we haven't kept a team to under 100 since Sydney in round 4. Along with the brain farts that are costing us 5-6 goals a game (at least) and the suspect umpiring they wasn't too much to be upset about today. I thought the guys played tough, committed footy for the full 120 minutes and even though they looked a little tired in the fourth they continued to fight it out and only concede four goals instead 7 or 8 as in previous weeks.

This needs to be the level we show each and every week for the remainder of the season, not with 4-5 weeks of insipid embarrassing footy in between like we have seen in the last month.

Back