Autopsy Round 10 - Autopsy vs Narrm - The Good, The Bad & The Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought we competed really well today.

It’s hard not to be deflated when umpiring is gifting the opposition shots on goal.

Does anyone in clubland or the media have the balls to call out the elephant in the room? If that is the standard of officiating in a professional sport, then it’s hard to define it as a professional sport.

I’ve seen better officiating in bush footy. In fact if they umpired like that in the bush there is a good possibility they might not have left the ground in one piece.

I’m sorry but no.
We were -40 for inside 50’s.
Had a total of 34 inside 50s in a game of football.
Had a total of 12 scoring shots in a game of football.

Melbourne weren’t clinical today and we kicked well from the chances we had.

Those numbers are attrocious and paint an accurate picture. Just because we kicked well and they were wasteful it doesn’t change the reality. We were absolutely smashed. -40 in inside 50s is ridiculous.
You're blinder than the maggots if you can't see any positives from today.

There is a genuine disparity between the Umpires and how they read the play and it has a huge effect on the result of games, especially for teams at the bottom of the table. Our players busted a gut today, but the missed free kicks in the first half to JHF (at least two, possibly four), Greenwood and Larkey while Melbourne received four or five that the commentators and replays showed were lucky or weren't there at all, I think played a part in the fourth quarter effort. The game was lost primarily thanks to inconsistent umpiring when in fact we should have been level pegging with the premiers at three quarter time.
FMD, the umpiring was poor but it’s not why we lost. Have a look at the inside 50 count and the possessions in defense half stats. We got out played all game, and need to be thankful Coor and Walker played so well.

I actually thought we competed really well today.

It’s hard not to be deflated when umpiring is gifting the opposition shots on goal.

Does anyone in clubland or the media have the balls to call out the elephant in the room? If that is the standard of officiating in a professional sport, then it’s hard to define it as a professional sport.

I’ve seen better officiating in bush footy. In fact if they umpired like that in the bush there is a good possibility they might not have left the ground in one piece.

Funnily, at half time I was looking at that fat bloke umpiring the Auskick game and thought, wow he is a much better standard than we’re getting from the afl umps.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FMD, the umpiring was poor but it’s not why we lost. Have a look at the inside 50 count and the possessions in defense half stats. We got out played all game, and need to be thankful Coor and Walker played so well.
I'm not saying we would have won, it would have been the greatest upset if we did. What I'm saying is any chance we had to win was taking away from us by an inconsistent performance by those in Yellow.

Also, most of the damage in the inside 50 count occurred in the 4th quarter which I think Melbourne won 23-5.

Funnily, at half time I was looking at that fat bloke umpiring the Auskick game and thought, wow he is a much better standard than we’re getting from the afl umps.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If they are that short on quality umpires then they need to start thinking of reducing it back to two.

It’s the second time this year we have been given Eleni on the back of the rationale that she can’t impact the final result.

In saying that as horrible as she was, she was eclipsed by her mate No.26. Normally they are bad and it impacts both sides, but it seemed like it was one way traffic with the unexplainable and outright s**t today.

Yes, we weren’t winning, but it is frustrating when you turn up to watch your team and they are given very little hope of competing through incompetent officiating.

I'm not saying we would have won, it would have been the greatest upset if we did. What I'm saying is any chance we had to win was taking away from us by an inconsistent performance by those in Yellow.

Also, most of the damage in the inside 50 count occurred in the 4th quarter which I think Melbourne won 23-5.
No one said it stopped us from winning, but it took the ability for our players to compete on a level playing field completely away from them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I saw something resembling a game plan. We took it the length of the field a few times. Was nice to see.

Simpkin and Jed won’t last in this team if we want to play like that. They just don’t have the required skill level.

Absolutely love watching JHF going about his business.

I’ve seen enough of kyron hayden, he is an atrocious footy player. Should be first dropped next week and never to return

I’ve seen enough of kyron hayden, he is an atrocious footy player. Should be first dropped next week and never to return
I get that, but why not try him on Oliver? He was undersized against McDonald and Greenwood was getting destroyed.

Something needs to be said about the TT tackle. Two weeks in a row we've hit 2x perfect spear tackles (Jed last week). Both times were perfectly executed. No dumping, spiking or slams. Just driving the shoulder straight through the midsection.

Both called free kicks. What's the reason AFL? Too aggressive?

TT did another aggressive tackle in the 3rd and was called for it. Again, it wasn't breaking any rules. They need to be clear.

Hayden can never play again for us if we’re serious. atrocious. Makes Josh Walker look like Gary Ablett. Inside 50 differential was horrible but I didn’t feel it was such a difference until
The last qtr. I wouldn’t read too much into the game. Better effort from the boys but Melbourne didn’t look right and are a very defensive side. Will be interested to see if we can replicate that defensive effort against attacking sides that want to take us on

So it was 52-29 for the other 3 qtrs. Yeah, it was the umps.

Other people have listed the positives etc. BUT...

one thing. I can handle losing, but I can't handle losing like we did today with how the umps officiated. We downright were stifled of opportunities to stay in it with how much the Dees got away with. Criminal.

They dominated because the umps weren't prepared to make the calls. Dees didn't want it today and we almost had them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back