Autopsy Round 10 - Autopsy vs Narrm - The Good, The Bad & The Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Where the hell has that been?
I wonder if something has happened during the week. DN was notably more relaxed during the week, and the endeavour today has been rarely sighted throughout the year. I wondered this at about half time. Maybe.

75 inside 50s.
Kudos for the effort but we were again totally outplayed, margin flattered us.
Umps were horrific.
Bailey Scott good. Corr lifted. Young was solid today. LDU showing some leadership. Perez solid, Powell is classy.
Why not try HAyden on Oliver? Oliver was making Greenwood look stupid and Hayden was playing on McDonald. Try something.
Jy, Jed and Luke are liabilities if they keep kicking it like that. Jy and Luke really disappointing.
CCJ would have offered more than Xerri.
If Comben is alive he must play soon, we need a second mobile tall forward.
Thomas is giving us little and Jack is cooked.
So, no positives then? Equally as crap as the last few?

For those who aren't aware, this is now a free kick:View attachment 1405957

Will Kobe Bryant GIF

im not sure that LDU threw it, from memory it came from behind him.... what are we to do? ping LDU in the back of the head???
LDU was the one who looped it back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real bravery from Taylor and a body on the line mark from Powell in the back line at one stage. These are still little bodies, they did well. Bodes well.

For a kid who is under the pump to lift his intensity, that was a massive moment. I hope it gets highlighted in the review, helps change some perceptions internally, and gives Tom the positive reinforcement that he is on the right track.

Just got home. Reasonably satisfied withe the effort today. Sat next to Phil Krakeour and its fair to say he's still a passionate North Rooboy.

He was disappointed with our lack of fans at the game. Asked what's happened to our club when Jy fluffed a simple kick inside 50, screamed at the umpire when TT was penalised for the great tackle that gifted the Dees their 1st goal and shook his head and said " and that blokes our captain" when JZ stuffed up in the 1st quarter.

Its was like he was posting in our game day thread.😄

Noticed tonight a clear desire to bring the ball back through the middle, which I've hardly seen since round 1 maybe. Love it. Would prefer to get smacked taking a risk or two vs getting just as smacked playing kick-it-long down the wing.

We were doing a great job of taking the corridor at speed when it was available, or switching and sharing the ball around with great care at other times. Our uncontested possession count and uncontested marks were through the roof. But as the quarters wore on, we were clearly running out of legs and the safe dump kick down the line became the option. Fitness is clearly a challenge for us right now but we knew that going in. Our new fitness and conditioning team will get on top of this over the next couple of preseasons I'm sure. Anyone who can't see this game plan coming together is being deliberately obtuse.

Last edited:
Just got home. Reasonably satisfied withe the effort today. Sat next to Phil Krakeour and its fair to say he's still a passionate North Rooboy.

He was disappointed with our lack of fans at the game. Asked what's happened to our club when Jy fluffed a simple kick inside 50, screamed at the umpire when TT was penalised for the great tackle that gifted the Dees their 1st goal and shook his head and said " and that blokes our captain" when JZ stuffed up in the 1st quarter.

What a thrill that must have been. I'm so envious. Good for you.

What a thrill that must have been. I'm so envious. Good for you.

It was good, I'm a pretty shy person and he initiated our conversations. After Malcolm Blight, Jim and Phil were my boyhood idols growing up. Fair to say he's trained of a little bit from his playing days though.😄

Happy to put my hands up and admit I was wrong, Xerri in for CCJ ended up being a good call

Exact what I was wanting to see in terms of effort, but most importantly it came from the start of the game. Obviously needs to be maintained and not just a one-off, like the Sydney game seemed to be, but a big step in the right direction

Saw Jimmy at a service station a few years ago… sorry Jimmy if you saw a grown man staring a bit too much at you… was all love though

Saw Jimmy at a service station a few years ago… sorry Jimmy if you saw a grown man staring a bit too much at you… was all love though

Were you near this grown man per chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back