Preview Round 10: Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually going to the football next Sunday, but I am going to see Carlton v Nth Melbourne at Docklands. Catching up with some blokes I taught with at St.Bernard's and it should be a better game. Stress and depression free at the footy, that will be a first. As for Brisbane Lions, I would say, "time to play the kids," but kids are basically all we've got.

Got this funny feeling about this game and its certinally in the winnable catagory for me.

By no means am I tipping we will win, just think they can be exposed on their day.

Blues, GC, dees, pies, freo, blues, dons.. home or away are always a 'chance'.. been weeks since we have had a winnable (by my standards) game.

Bahahahaha Yeo? Now again, piss off.

Bit of an over-reaction. They made no comments about "what's he worth", etc, so give it a break.

Lions in an upset by 26 points.

Our history against the Pies at the MCG is pretty good and young sides are unpredictable, so I am reasoning "why not".

In - Ryan Bastinac, Rhys Mathieson
Out - Tom Bell (omitted), Claye Beams (injured)

Really hope to see Rhys Mathieson have a go. I think he lifts on the big stage and may surprise Fages. Hammelman has a nice smooth kicking style. Great goal from him on 50 metre line. Basti should know the drill by now if he gets the call. Went to last years Collingwood match at the Gabba. Hoping for a better showing. All things considered, I was pleased with the teams effort on the weekend and the margin should of been around 40 or 50 points rather than the 80 on the scorecard. Go Lions!!!

Look he is either here to ask super coach questions or just stir s**t; either way wrong place, wrong time.

Put it this way - I'm yet to see any s**t stirring from him.

In: Bastinac, Mathieson, Cutler
Out: Tom Bell, Claye Beams, Hammellman

Play Hipwood & Close as the two key forwards

Also if McStay is ready bring him too for Walker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Bastinac, Mathieson, Cutler
Out: Tom Bell, Claye Beams, Hammellman

Play Hipwood & Close as the two key forwards

Also if McStay is ready bring him too for Walker.
You don't bring Hammer in for just one game after he has been upgraded. Be realistic with your thinking. Hippy is physically stretched but the bye is coming up. Have to play 3 talls in forward line.

You don't bring Hammer in for just one game after he has been upgraded. Be realistic with your thinking. Hippy is physically stretched but the bye is coming up. Have to play 3 talls in forward line.

We are too slow over the ground with three tall forwards and re-active. We need to bring in players who can A. Bring defensive pressure and B. Good decision making skills with ability to create scoring opportunities.

IMO that should be the top priority.

Will be a slaughter. And not the good type of slaughter. Looking forward to the post bye period.

Heading off into the mountains of Tibet for a few months post bye are we Rip? Away from internet coverage?

Put it this way - I'm yet to see any s**t stirring from him.

Fair call, I was a bit punchy last night.

I think dragging over the minutia of our plight is weighing on my mental health so I am going to take a self imposed break and just enjoy the rest of life for a bit.

For what it's worth thanks for the heads up, we don't always see how things are affecting us :thumbsu:

Guys lets get a bit positive. Pies aren't exactly flying and Saturday night took a lot out of them. We have a bye next week and they don't so we can throw everything at this one and we have a fantastic record against them. If we bring our best footy we win.

THIS IS A VERY WINNABLE GAME LETS GET UP AND ABOUT.

Last edited:
Guys lets get a bit positive. Pies aren't exactly flying and Saturday night took a lot out of them. We have a bye next week and they don't so we can throw everything at this one and we have a fantastic record against them. If we bring our best footy we win.

THIS IS A BERY WINNABLE GAME LETS GET UP AND ABOUT.

Are you saying Berry will win us the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back