Preview Round 10: Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The matchup I'm looking most forward to is Mayne v Frost

This game is basically battle of the midfields though.

2e9cf3a26b5a4520da7d28af9534fec0a76705aa99d65ea645aaff9045d350f0.jpg

I wonder if Hipwood needs a rest. I can't see him playing more than 18 games. A couple of weeks off will freshen him up. Plus Freeman played well against the Giants.

I wonder if Hipwood needs a rest. I can't see him playing more than 18 games. A couple of weeks off will freshen him up. Plus Freeman played well against the Giants.
I wouldn't rest him yet. Think the MCG suits him quite well. in hindsight maybe should have rested him on the SCG

I wouldn't rest him yet. Think the MCG suits him quite well. in hindsight maybe should have rested him on the SCG
I guess ultimately they are still trying to win games. So team selection will be determined by who is most likely to be able to help win games of footy.
I still think he is the most likey of any of our key forwards to kick a bag. Except maybe Freeman who does have the ability to kick a few when first recalled. But then tends to drift a bit.
We have the bye next week i think it would be unlikely for him to be rested this week.
I would be resting Martin this week.

I guess ultimately they are still trying to win games. So team selection will be determined by who is most likely to be able to help win games of footy.
I still think he is the most likey of any of our key forwards to kick a bag. Except maybe Freeman who does have the ability to kick a few when first recalled. But then tends to drift a bit.
We have the bye next week i think it would be unlikely for him to be rested this week.
I would be resting Martin this week.

I can't see Hipwood playing 22 games though. He'll likely need a rest or will burn out like Schache last year.

I can't see Hipwood playing 22 games though. He'll likely need a rest or will burn out like Schache last year.
I agree. Just hope the other boys can show something, in the mean time.
Just not sure what a Freeman, Close and Hammer forward line looks like. Or do we just stick with Hammer and close and bring in Cox or Reuben (rookie) as a smaller pressure forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Just hope the other boys can show something, in the mean time.
Just not sure what a Freeman, Close and Hammer forward line looks like. Or do we just stick with Hammer and close and bring in Cox or Reuben (rookie) as a smaller pressure forward.

I was thinking if it reduced the chances of Rocky re-injuring his shoulder maybe he could play forward when he comes back into the team

I was thinking if it reduced the chances of Rocky re-injuring his shoulder maybe he could play forward when he comes back into the team
Need him at clearances, though if we don't win it he doesn't run back as hard as he does fwd.

But he is a clever small fwd and we don't have a fit one.

Need him at clearances, though if we don't win it he doesn't run back as hard as he does fwd.

But he is a clever small fwd and we don't have a fit one.

If his shoulder is 100% of course he'd play midfield but it would surely reduce the risk of another dislocation playing forward for a couple of weeks while he builds up some strength.

Jack Frost Test

Tom Rockliff 2 weeks

Josh Clayton 2 weeks

Claye Beams 2 weeks

Mitch Robinson 8-9 weeks

Allen Christensen Season

Updated 23 May 2017

Rocky won't play but McStay and Skinner are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back